Playing With ________ Girl Or Guy.

Today I played with my normal golf partner (a 3) and his previous partner (a 36). It's defintiely an intersting dynamic to play with two guys so far seperated by skill. But at the end of the day we all had fun!

played Sunday with two buddies I havent played with in a while cause one is drinks too much guy and the other is cant count his strokes right but always questions yours guy. thankfully we went out at 830am and drinks too much guy didnt crack open his first beer till the 14th hole so him and I had a great time, now negative I cant add my own shots guy played like absoulute garbage. he was cursing, talking to himself, even threw his club twice. I loved every minute of it! of course when all was said and done he claims he shot 101 which is complete bs and was probably closer to 130. drinks too much guy called him out and said really 101? and cant add guy got annoyed at him said yeah thats what I wrote down! I could care less. I play the course now and am lovin golf even more.

played Sunday with two buddies I havent played with in a while cause one is drinks too much guy and the other is cant count his strokes right but always questions yours guy. thankfully we went out at 830am and drinks too much guy didnt crack open his first beer till the 14th hole so him and I had a great time, now negative I cant add my own shots guy played like absoulute garbage. he was cursing, talking to himself, even threw his club twice. I loved every minute of it! of course when all was said and done he claims he shot 101 which is complete bs and was probably closer to 130. drinks too much guy called him out and said really 101? and cant add guy got annoyed at him said yeah thats what I wrote down! I could care less. I play the course now and am lovin golf even more.

I suck at counting strokes (I lose count after 8 :D)

Now that I see that, mine and HBO12 s Best Ball dont seem too bad.

I played a quick 9 with a fella that used a VERY interesting putting and chipping stroke. Let me preface this by saying that I enjoyed my round with the guy, and that he was not particularly bad at putting and chipping, but that his method was simply unorthodox.

We each missed the green (mine left and his right) on the first hole. His ball landed near a tree, but the tree did not appear to impact his stance or swing by any account. Nonetheless, when he chipped his ball up to the green, he bent over more than 90 degrees and placed his hands so far down the shaft that his right hand was no more than 12 inches from the club head. I was both amazed and confused, but didn't think too much of it because I thought there must have been a branch or something in the way that I couldn't see.

I was away on the green and putted away. As I was lining up my putt, I saw him grab his putter. It appeared to be less than 30 inches long. After I putted, he lined up his putt and got into his setup position. What do you know, he did the same thing. He bent over more than 90 degrees and put his hands even closer to the putter head. His hands were seriously only about 10-11 inches from the putter head. He bent over so much that the butt of the 30 inch putter was essentially resting against his sternum (like a belly putter or something).

It was the most interesting putting and chipping style I have ever seen. But like I said, he was not a terrible putter, so I make no judgments. But thought I would tell you of the interesting style that I saw today.

Playing with hung-over guy, who proceeded to puke and dry heeve on about 4 different holes. I could have finished 30 minutes earlier if wouldn't have had to wait on him. If he wasn't riding with me I would have left him. I have no symphany for stupidity there. One hole he was like let's just sit here for a little bit... I said no I have somewhere to be and you know that. Hit or sit in cart and shut up.

I didn't play today but have played with both of those types of players.....sheeeesh! Worst one is the guy who doesn't hit it more than 225 yds off the tee, but will wait for the green to clear on a par 5 with close to 300 yds left?! C'mon.....and then takes 4-5 practice swings on every shot. Slow play must be outlawed!

I played with verbal swing-thought guy yesterday. "Soft hands, low and slow." "Straight back & through." "Swing to right field." "Look at the target, look at the ball, and let it go." I was playing alone so he didn't really bother me much, but MAN he stinks at this game.

Nice guy though, I think I'll play with him again today!

Edit: When I am playing with others I keep the pie hole shut.

i played with a couple of comedians today
these guys had me laughing the whole round
i guess the guys in front of us were doing some hardcore gambling because they played brutally slow... you shoulda heard the comments these 2 guys were saying... if those guys in front couldnt hear us laughing then they were probably deaf

I have a circle of friends I usually golf with and I rarely go out alone, so don't often get paired with strangers - but it happens from time to time, some good, some bad. One of the munys we used to play sent out fivesomes whenever possible, so even if you showed up with a foursome you were liable to get a single paired with you. We got "Mr. Intensity" one time - half-decent golfer, but obviously a waaayyy better golfer in his mind than in real life. Every shot that wasn't perfect had him swearing, slamming/throwing clubs, etc. We were really getting tired of it and it finally came to a head when he missed a par putt and slammed his putter into the green toe-first, burying the head clear up to the shaft in the green. We all jumped down his throat and told him enough was enough. He apologized profusely and tried to fix the damage he had done to the green, but we told him we were done and sent him on to play ahead by himself (we also reported him to the course marshal for the damage he did to the green).

One other time it was just a buddy and I (same course). We got paired with a couple of 70-something year old gentlemen....very nice guys, but we figured we were in for the slowest round of our lives. I groaned inwardly as they both hit 150-160 yard tee shots on the par-4 1st hole. It was true that neither of them were long hitters, but everything was right down the middle - smooth and predictable. They ended up waiting for us as we flailed our shots all over the course, and they thrashed the pants off us all day long!

Took off of work for my birthday last Monday and played 36 at a local muni as a single.

For the first 9 holes (it started drizzling rain so he took off after 9 holes) I was paired with "I'm a 6 handicap with lots of tips for you so you should be grateful just to play with me" guy who also happened to be "I usually play at much better courses than this and the greens here are so bad I'm not keeping score because it will hurt my handicap" guy. Actually the greens were in pretty good shape and I was beating this guy on every other hole. Wasn't too unhappy to see him go after the 9th hole.

Since the weather was cloudy and drizzly, the marshall told me I could go for another 18 if I wanted to free of charge so I jumped on it! Teed off solo but caught up to another single in front of me by the 4th hole. His name was Moe and he was a great guy to play with. Very personable and had some great stories. He was "I just had foot sugery and the Doc told me not to be out here but what the #$%^ does he know" guy. Had a blast playing with him and he was my witness for my first ever eagle!! Chipped in from off the green with a 9i for 3 on a par 5. Best birthday present I could have received....!

awesome eagle tdinbr! and happy bday!
i almost got paired up with "capt america" today... but i stalled
he was the guy that asked me "son, are you FROM america?" real jackhole that guy
thank goodness my buddies showed up and rescued me

LOL...
I have played with a few Moes. Great guys, usually suck at golf.

Took off of work for my birthday last Monday and played 36 at a local muni as a single.

For the first 9 holes (it started drizzling rain so he took off after 9 holes) I was paired with "I'm a 6 handicap with lots of tips for you so you should be grateful just to play with me" guy who also happened to be "I usually play at much better courses than this and the greens here are so bad I'm not keeping score because it will hurt my handicap" guy. Actually the greens were in pretty good shape and I was beating this guy on every other hole. Wasn't too unhappy to see him go after the 9th hole.

Since the weather was cloudy and drizzly, the marshall told me I could go for another 18 if I wanted to free of charge so I jumped on it! Teed off solo but caught up to another single in front of me by the 4th hole. His name was Moe and he was a great guy to play with. Very personable and had some great stories. He was "I just had foot sugery and the Doc told me not to be out here but what the #$%^ does he know" guy. Had a blast playing with him and he was my witness for my first ever eagle!! Chipped in from off the green with a 9i for 3 on a par 5. Best birthday present I could have received....!

Yesterday I played with New Jersey guy, I'm in Ohio. He had 5 clubs in his 1970's tweed bag, no woods, none of the irons matched. He teed off with a 3 iron and played army golf. Complained about NJ none-stop and said he just decided to move back to Ohio where he grew-up 40 years ago. Played pretty fast but wasn't lower than a double on any hole.

Last week I played with muscle guy/muscle girl. Now this was entertaining, I'm 58 and play whites, they both played blue. They took forever on the tee with tons of practice swings and then would hit all over the place. Sometimes pretty long, most times not. I think they out drove me once. But they argued like crazy on what club to hit and if they missed they would yell stuff and throw clubs. Finally on 9 they got in a rather heated argument on the tee trying to decide which one was going to hit first, so I said how about I hit first until you guys figure it out. I hit they are still arguing so I just drove off and finished the hole. Not sure if they ever finished as I drove right to 10 and took off.

Man! You seem to get these guys a lot!
awesome eagle tdinbr! and happy bday!
i almost got paired up with "capt america" today... but i stalled
he was the guy that asked me "son, are you FROM america?" real jackhole that guy
thank goodness my buddies showed up and rescued me

Yesterday, I joined "really old and friendly guy" on the 12th hole. He waved me up since he was waiting on a threesome ahead of him. He was cool as hell and a REALLY good putter. I enjoyed playing with him.

THose guys are the best. I just love soaking up the stories.
Yesterday, I joined "really old and friendly guy" on the 12th hole. He waved me up since he was waiting on a threesome ahead of him. He was cool as hell and a REALLY good putter. I enjoyed playing with him.

Snowing today, but when I played Monday I got paired, with a guy about my age and his 81 year old Dad. The two of them were funny as hell together, the dad calling him out on everything. Actually made me snort beer through my nose when his dad told him he was never gonna score with the cart girl if all he was gonna give her was a buck tip

Man! You seem to get these guys a lot!

yup capt america is a member at the course i work at and he plays every day rain or shine
nobody and i mean nobody ever wants to play with this guy hahaha

today our group played behind "we shouldnt be playing from the back tees" guys
it was a 3some that was just brutal to watch
18 holes of golf and besides when we were putting we watched every agonizing shot
1 guy hit 1 shot that actually went straight and relatively far
all the other shots were pretty much everywhere and i dont think they even realize the concept of ready golf cuz they would all go to one ball and watch each other duff it
heck they waited on a green to clear before realizing they were 230 out and it took each of them 4 shots a piece to get near the green

I played with a friend of mines dad. The dude claims a 4 handicap, prolly closer to +1...

The guy out drove me by 40 yards with ease. Really nice guy, funny as heck.

Got paired with free advice guy today, always thought it would be easy to deal with if ever got paired with such a person. First four holes together he was pretty quiet and we both were playing reasonable well, then he says "keep you head still".............."rotate around your spine", I blew it off as I knew exactly what I did wrong. Then two holes later he tells me again right in the middle of my tee shot! Took me four holes before I could hit the ball again off the tee with out totally duffing it, I'm pretty sure there was steam coming out of my ears. Calmed myself down and played out the rest of the holes then at the end of the round he proceeds to give me a lesson of how to swing then tells me to go home and practice it.:angry:

Needless to say those four holes put a dent in my score, was a decent guy otherwise and it didn't ruin my day, but man don't want to repeat that again. Funny thing was I'm pretty sure I beat him on 90% of the holes we played together.:banghead:

Got paired with free advice guy today
sorry to hear... i hate playing with those guys even tho most of them are the nicest ppl
one of them being my brother... hahaha

i can't stand free advice guy! sorry to hear about your experience. guys like that need to be slapped.

edit: by no means do i want to slap your brother russ, lol

i can't stand free advice guy! sorry to hear about your experience. guys like that need to be slapped.

edit: by no means do i want to slap your brother russ, lol

its okay... ill slap him for you... hahaha

Free advice guy sucks! You should ask him if he breaths in or out in his back swing and if he holds his breath in his down swing. Ask him how much he bends at the waste and how much knee flex he has. Do whatever you can to make him think about his swing and I bet he would start duffing the ball. The great thing is that you can do this under the guise that you are wanting to learn from him.

Back