Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that my reference point is a little biased- but I was under the impression that OSU had the second largest national alumni network, second only to ND. I know that how well OSU travels has gotten them into a couple BCS bowl games that they probably didn't deserve to be in (and left out a more deserving team).

That may be true, and it's possible they can muster more fans, but I know when the Badgers played in the Rose Bowl, the appeal of that rare occurrence spreads well beyond alumni. Every old fart in the State will be in Kohl's buying jerseys and tee shirts, and they get on the phone and buy their plane tickets and game tickets. I bet the Badgers put 50,000 to 60,000 fans in the Bowl back in '93 and '94, and close to that during the Ron Dayne year. Since they've played in The Alamo Bowl or The Capitol One Bowl for what seems like the last ten years, I bet Cheeseheads would head to Pasadena en masse. I bet they out drink Ohioians, too. LOL.

Kevin

Kellen moore (Boise State) has 320+ yards passing and its not even halftime yet.

Kellen Moore hasn't played 4 quarters since Oregon St. If he played every down on offense that kid would break every season passing record ever held. He deserves the Heisman if they win out this year.

Kellen moore (Boise State) has 320+ yards passing and its not even halftime yet.

Moore now has 450 yards 3 tds passing with 7 minutes left in 3rd quarter. Up 35-0 over Hawaii, probably wont play to much longer though.

Bama goes down, Florida State goes down on missed 40 yard field goal as the game ended.

The Tide goes down but the year isn't over..... As Long as we beat Auburn our year isn't a complete waste. LSU fans just became BAMA fans instantly!!! ROLL TIDE!

Longhorns are getting slaughtered by Kansas state. Gilbert has thrown 5 ints. I think it's time to put the back up in.

Calling Colt, Calling Colt McCoy, please come back!!!! lol

Edit: Tech up mizzou at the moment 24-17. A&M beating OU 33-17 big 12 is all screwed up this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon beat up on another team today with Washington, but Oregon State lost a close one with UCLA. Watching the Stanford-Arizona game, I think the Ducks have a great chance of winning their last three games (Cal, AZ, OSU).

fwiw, ECU got beat like Ike beats Tina! i feel bad for anyone hanging out with any ECU fans tonight, cause getting 76 points dropped on your team prolly might make one HOSTILE! lol

fwiw, ECU got beat like Ike beats Tina! i feel bad for anyone hanging out with any ECU fans tonight, cause getting 76 points dropped on your team prolly might make one HOSTILE! lol

LMAO..

Did you that game last night. 52-44? Does anyone play defense in that conference. ECU is now bowl eligible, but what a joke that is. How do you struggle with UAB. The bowl system is a farce. They need to get rid of about half of them.

Badgers covered the spread today.

Kevin

So much for the longhorns defense showing up to start the game. Oklahoma State just marched right down the field like they were in practice. Luckily qb threw a couple bad passes and they stalled on the 5 yard line and only got 3.

Hopefully this is a good game and not a blow out. Gilbert please don't throw 5 picks this game.

Ohio state offense was atrocious, thank god the defense showed up. I hate to say this about A young kid but terrelle pryor has been an utter disappointment.

Big blow call by the refs they even went to reply and said it was incomplete. Wr caught the ball had one foot down then landed on the defensive back and slid out of bounds I guess they did not see that his whole foot hit the ground even te broadcasters were shocked that they missed it that badly. So instead of 4th and short at OSUs 40 it went to 4th and 11 followed by a shank punt that landed at the 30 then 2 plays later a 67 yard bomb for a td to make it 16-3 Pokes. Costly blown call. O well, can't get them all right.

Big blow call by the refs they even went to reply and said it was incomplete. Wr caught the ball had one foot down then landed on the defensive back and slid out of bounds I guess they did not see that his whole foot hit the ground even te broadcasters were shocked that they missed it that badly. So instead of 4th and short at OSUs 40 it went to 4th and 11 followed by a shank punt that landed at the 30 then 2 plays later a 67 yard bomb for a td to make it 16-3 Pokes. Costly blown call. O well, can't get them all right.

It was a close call, but I saw it that way as well. Should have been a catch. However it still would have been 4th down and no way they would have gone for it with the game close in my opinion. So I see it as nothing changed.

Game is getting ugly now. 33-3. Texas has no offense and against Oklahoma state, that's just pathetic. Have to win the last 2 games to become bowl eligible, that's not looking to good either.

My Ducks barely survive, beating Cal 15-13. I expect Auburn to jump over Oregon in the BCS based on them beating Georgia. Bummer.

Have a question.... does Mark Richt need to go at UGA?

Have a question.... does Mark Richt need to go at UGA?

I don't think so. Very young starting qb, just a rough season since he doesn't have the experience yet. He looks to have a bright future but just a little young right now. Richt will still be there next year. My opinion of course

Well Texas makes it a game now 33-16 for some reason they went for 2(didn't get it) so now instead of down by 2 possessions they're down by 3. Don't understand going for 2 there and making it a 3 possession game. Strange call by Mack.

I don't think so. Very young starting qb, just a rough season since he doesn't have the experience yet. He looks to have a bright future but just a little young right now. Richt will still be there next year. My opinion of course

Well Texas makes it a game now 33-16 for some reason they went for 2(didn't get it) so now instead of down by 2 possessions they're down by 3. Don't understand going for 2 there and making it a 3 possession game. Strange call by Mack.

But Murray has been great. Mike Bobo is the worst O coordinator I've ever seen in my life.

How bout my Gamecocks!!! JB, I can taste my steak at Faldo's now. We will beat Auburn in ATL. Go Cocks!!!

I call that game the game of idiots. On one side you have UF. On the other you have Spurrier. Maybe the biggest liar in all of sports.

By the way, should you really talk like that? You were awful quiet last weekend if I remember correctly after that drubbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back