Bridgestone e6 ORANGE Testing Thread

Thank you for the tip! I may stop by there today on the way out to avondale!

I know for sure that all the stores in Texas that I have been to have them, which is just 3, so hopefully they have them for you as well, if not you could order online and get in store pick up so you wont have to pay for shipping...good luck.

Spank and I will be testing the orange e6's tomorrow at one of the local courses in my area. I'll try to have my review up by tomorrow night. It should be interesting Bridgestone vs. Srixon.

Spank and I will be testing the orange e6's tomorrow at one of the local courses in my area. I'll try to have my review up by tomorrow night. It should be interesting Bridgestone vs. Srixon.

And we should be playing through close to dusk so it'll be interesting to see how the orange ball looks through the horizon with a setting sun.

Has anyone seen the orange ball in retail stores yet? I was in Golf Galaxy last night and they finally had a big stack of yellow e6 but no orange.

I believe I saw them last week at my local Dick's Sporting goods when I stopped in to buy a couple of boxes of the yellow e6 balls.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I found out yesterday visibility in murky, brown water is zero lol.
And we should be playing through close to dusk so it'll be interesting to see how the orange ball looks through the horizon with a setting sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out yesterday visibility in murky, brown water is zero lol.

Yeah none of us could see that ball. However when it was in play that thing stood out pretty good.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

All the great reviews make me want to try these. I will be glad when the stores in Austin start stocking them.

My Adventures with the Bridgestone E-6 Orange Golf Ball = Its Really Orange.

My Adventures with the Bridgestone E-6 Orange Golf Ball = Its Really Orange.

First off, thank you THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity to test and review a new product in a sport I love so much. It really was exhilarating to have the chance to go to the golf course with a different objective than I usually have. I rather enjoyed it, and hope you enjoy my reviews on the product.

*disclaimer: i tend to be over-analytical and long-winded, so my reviews might be a bit lengthy. Its a problem i know.

These arrived via the Postal Service, on Monday.
e6orange.jpg

I gamed them on 9 Thursday, and 18 friday. Here are my findings.

INITIAL THOUGHTS:
As with anything new, the first thing i did was unpack and examine them. It is VERY Orange. I do not think the pictures can really show just how orange they are. I have to admit i did reminisce a little of my younger putt-putt days when i started rolling it on my Indoor Putting Green. After a few rolls, I really liked the "change" from a normal white ball. Like the yellow/green's from earlier in the year, this presented something new and different. Putting is such a precise art to begin with - i was worried that switching colors would affect some piece of my swing, but taking it to the course later in the week, I was pleasantly surpised to see the difference actually was a bonus.

Coloring:

After rolling it on the putting green, I went to try and photograph the difference between the only other colored ball I have, the Srixon Z stars.

e6orange3.jpg

They have a sort of metallic flake in there - that reflects light almost making it glow, I think they did this for two reasons. One it really makes the bright orange color pop, and two i think it really reflects some sparkles of light - so when you are looking for the ball - it shines a little. Either way it is a very bright orange. One that is extremely easy to locate.

Driving:
This is where i think the Bridgestone E-6 golf ball really excels. I have gamed the White E-6 balls for awhile, and i can say that when they say it flies straighter than any other golf ball. They are not lying. I have been working on my driving all year - since it really sets you up for success on each hole, my biggest concern area was missing left. When i would try and correct this i would usually over correct and push right. The sidespin created from an improper swing - is what generally causes the big swingflaw slice. This ball is designed to reduce that sidespin, and you do notice the difference.

When I began hitting this it was drawing very nicely, and the few "poor" swings i put on it - that normally would push about 20 yards right, ended up maybe 10 yards right and still in the short rough. Not the deep rough.

That is the core-technology of the E-6, reducing sidespin and eliminating the errant hooks and slices.

Now with the orange E-6, they are really on to something. All of that technology and a revolutionary color change that hasn't been accepted for a long time. ( i can remember as a kid finding yellow and orange balls while walking with my father; some still rolling lol, but i dont think this caught on then, times were different, change happened much more slowly back then)

The first time I tee'd this up - and unleashed it I was amazed and just how well i was able to track it. the orange against the blue sky, really pops out. With a normal white ball - when it gets to 250 yds + it can be really hard to track at that velocity and distance, the white is just so close to the light blue color that a simple blink or flash can cause you to lose it. Not so with this baby. I was able to take my eye off and come back and instantly lock back on. My vision has always been above average, tested at 20/15. And the difference i noticed from the white to orange was very noticeable.

Here is a video of a tee shot - with the orange ball. Unfortunately, my camera is not that great - so its of relative poor quality - hopefully an HD camera is on its way via the north pole. (if your reading this GF)

Irons:
Now if you are anything like me, most of your errant slices and hooks are performed with your driver. Or maybe exaggerated with your driver. My biggest misses right or left happen with the big dog. My irons are a little bit more muted - but i do suffer from a slight push or pull depending on the swing that day. What this equates too is a slight miss maybe 5-10 yards left or right of the stick.

With the E-6 however - you can really aim at the stick and let go. That little 5 yard push right - is quieted and i am a firm believer the e-6 is just that much straighter.

As with the driver, tracking the ball is alot easier than any old white ball. It just pops out against the greens and blues of a golf course.

Wedges:
When ever you mention wedge-play around the green, or pitch shots; the first thing that comes to mind is spin. So how "spinny" is this ball compared to others? Well, unfortunately the ball is designed to reduce sidespin; so i think it is noticeable that backspin is slightly reduced too. Im not quite sure how to exactly test this other than to set up pitch shots from 50 yards and see what kind of action i get with other balls.

So i set up the Bridgestone Orange e-6 vs the Bridgestone 330 RXS (my fav spinny ball) vs a Titleist NXT.

The e-6 is soft off the face, and i like the feel off the wedge. But it does have a noticeable drop off on spin.

The rxs is hands down a spinny ball and you can do alot with it around greens, but it isnt really fair, bc thats what it is designed to do, whereas the e-6 is designed to reduce the slices and hooks associated with too much sidespin, although that is different that backspin, i think it is reduced a bit too.

The nxt is comparable to the e-6 in it is marketed as a straight ball flight ball - and it was the worst of the 3 in greenside spin IMO. I always thought titleist balls feel hard to me - different than the srixons and bridgestones.

Putting:

The orange ball here is really fun. I just love stepping up to the orange at adress. ITs different, and i think it mentally triggers a "joy" feeling that equates to a sense of calm when preparing to putt. That feeling, if im correct, really made me drain a few nice putts. It could be its just different, but it did feel nice addressing and lining up putts with the orange! Maybe its a childhood reminiscent trigger, who knows!

Searching:

So as you can expect, one of the major reason for going with an Orange ball, one expects the color to pop when searching for it. You miss right, into some mess - and you start your search. Looking down, circles, whatever strategy you have. Most of the time - i found the ball before i even left the cart. Its that bright. Whereas a white ball can be a mistaken piece of plastic, or a pop bottle cap, a mushroom, hell i cant even list the number of things that ive approached thinking it was a white golf ball and it turns out to be something else. Not so with this orangy! Its just so unmistakeable orange that you see it and instantly know thats the ball. Hands off to bridgestone, it is HARD to lose these.

I did lose one ball on my 2nd round with it - an approach on the par 5, i hit a hybrid maybe 220 and had a hook going - 10 yards left of the green. They had just mowed the deep fescue and it was maybe 2 feet of just crap. The ball could be anywhere under these piles of grass - i spent maybe 5 mins hitting clumps with my club trying to dislodge it but it was hopeless.

Here is a pic of the orange ball in some deep rough:
phoenixorangeballrough.jpg

and then amongst some leaves; you really cant mistake it for what it is.
Phoenixorangeleaves.jpg

On thursday i was paired up with some guys from cincinnati - I played this ball and they all wanted it (Bengals fans) they asked where they could get it and i told them they would have to wait a few weeks longer. One offered my 5 bucks for it lol I said sorry i have to test them. That felt kinda good haha.

My overall thoughts:

If you suffer from shots slicing right or hooking left, you miss fairways and dont have that straight ball flight you would love off the tee. This is the ball for you. It doesnt have that super high greenside spin - but it is soft yet durable, has a very nice feel to it - and it WILL make your drives straighter than they are now.

The orange is definately a winner. Unless you are a purist or traditionalist - you will like this!

Thank you GolferGal, JB, Bridgestone and THP for giving me the opportunity to review these, I had an amazing time! Hope you enjoyed my in depth review even though it is probably too long!

Excellent write up, love the photos and videos. If you had to pick would you game the e6 or the RXS?

Excellent write up, love the photos and videos. If you had to pick would you game the e6 or the RXS?

tough call bc my swing can change from one tee to the next. I love love love the RXS. Its long off the tee- and i can get great shots at the flag. But if im having a bad warmup prior to the round - i may elect to go with a straighter ball if im playing something tight that day, in the E-6. Right now - my go to ball is the e-6. If im feeling good; i love the RXS.

so money not an issue - and i have an unlimited suppply; RXS
budget-minded: e-6

( i dont lose e-6's,and if i do i dont care. but the rxs i get alittle mad since they pricey. and mad + golf course = sux lol)

Played another back 9 this morning. This time it was a full length course instead of a short 9. Here's my thoughts:

* Spin on this ball is definitely down. While I don't mind that too much on the irons, the shots off the driver are noticeably lower than what I'm used to and expect. Distance-wise, I think it took a bit off, but it's still within reason.

* Of the 7 drives I hit, 2 were pretty awful. One was a slice that ended up only slicing about 15-20 yards right so that was pleasing. The hook, unfortunately, was a double cross that started down the left and kept going left into the lake. In both cases, there were totally my fault, but it was nice to see the side spin to be pretty tame.

* I was surprised that I couldn't back up the ball with a full sand wedge, but everything up to a 7 iron were pretty much 1 hop and stops onto the green (the 7 was the longest iron I used for an approach).

* Endurance-wise, they were great. Like I said, the first ball lasted 6 holes without a scratch before meeting a watery grave on the 7th, but the 2nd one I pulled out kept going strong to the end.

* For the other testers on this thread, doesn't the ball look freaky in the air????? It was overcast the other time I played but it was nice and sunny today and when you see that super orange thing HANG and GLOW in the air it's pretty funny looking!

Overall, definitely loving this ball although I would definitely like for it to spin a little more. But then again this shouldn't be surprising since it's advertised as a anti-slice/hook ball that the backspin is probably lower as well.

Yeah it did. Poured one out for her haha. Wish it could have lasted more holes.

I see myself alternating between these and the RX's. I loved these balls.

Yeah none of us could see that ball. However when it was in play that thing stood out pretty good.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about getting some of these with all of these reviews.

Thinking about getting some of these with all of these reviews.

Give them a shot, John. They are a great ball if you are looking for some help with keeping your shot straight.

Some brief history, I drive the ball 220 to 240 on average. My swing speed is about 100 mph. The last few months, I have been playing Srixon. I swap out between the Z-Star and the trispeed. Due to the phone fit, Elliot recommended the e6 ball for my game. I have played Bridgestone before and have liked their products very much.

Look, The ball has a metallic sheen over the cover. When the ball sits on the tee, it keeps your attention. It is a bright orange color. I’m a Browns fan (how Spank and I get along, I have no idea. Since he is a Broncos fan). The concept is a great idea.

Driver, The ball compresses well. The sound off the clubface gives solid feedback. My normal driver shot is a piercing straight ball flight. I saw a nice mid/high ball flight. It was tough to gauge sidespin because I was fighting rights today. But, I know it is the strength of the golf ball. The roll out off the driver is a joy to see. I believe I did hit the ball further with the Bridgestone than the Srixon.

I hit a couple fairway woods, it was similar feel and results to the driver.

Irons from 180-150, I have better results with Srixon. I think it has more to do with me than the ball.

From 140-115, I thought my results are more comparable between the two. The ball feels great with short irons, goes high and lands softly. I had some nice shots today from that range. Orange looks great sitting on the green.

Pitching/Chipping, I have to admit, I am not used to the amount of roll out. I’m a hop and stop or hop with a little roll. I’m not good enough to spin the ball back. I struggled with low runners pitching/chipping. The trispeed, I know exactly where it lands and rolls. I will have to get used to the roll.

Putting, I was on fire putting from off and on the green. I made about 5 one putts today. Spank and I joked about the mini golf feel on the greens. There is something to it.

Findability is that a word? The ball is easy to see when it gets up in the air not so much on the way down. It is easy to spot in the fairway or on the green. In Florida rough, the orange is not as easy to find as you would think. There were times I walked past it or couldn’t find it right away. The pine straw makes it tough to spot but I did see it from 30 yds when our playing partner pointed it out. I would give the edge to the yellow Z-Star in the findability department. 

Overall, I need some more lab work chipping/pitching with it. I’m not completely 
sold that the orange is a better fit for me than the white or yellow e6. I am convinced that Bridgestone makes a great product. It is why I’m a fan. I have given more time to Srixon recently and I may have to give equal time to Bridgestone. The ball goes further with the driver. It has great feel, forgiveness, and accuracy with short iron approaches. The ball shines putting and rolls true. The durability is strong. It didn’t cut, chip, or lose it’s color. The orange is a conversation starter. I would say, it is an intriguing product worth a look.

Thank you THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity.

I was out with Calebt17 on these today and first off I want to thank THP and Bridgestone for letting us try these limited edition balls out and write about them. Since I have hit the E6's before I was excited to try these out and really compare the "findability" on these in comparison to the white and the yellow. Now both Calebt17 and I had our set of orange's and both of us also saw a week ago the yellow version of the same ball.

Looks: Well there's no mistaking this ball with another orange ball let alone a white ball. The orange on it has a metallic or pearlized sheen that is not a flat orange that one is accustomed to seeing either on other company's offerings or range/putt putt balls. The yellow and orange ball both utilize this same coating that makes it stick out which the Srixon Tour Yellow does not have.

Ball flight: It reacts as an E6 would... very little sidespin and straight as an arrow. Balls that did go OOB were more user error than playing a "spinny" ball. Picking up the ball mid flight was extremely easy. Now our round today started at 1P so we approached dusk towards the end of our round which in normal circumstances would be doom for an orange ball just due to the warmer hues on the course caused by the setting sun. I was also switching on and off with my polarized sunglasses to see if there was a difference. For me it was easier to pick this up mid flight than the white and yellow version (the yellow is a very close second).

Landing and approaches: As many have said here there is a roll out factor, especially on the greens. Calebt17 and I were talking about the type of swings we have on wedge shots and neither of us could get a spin back on this ball (he sweeps and I chop down). I came the closest, and possibly created the largest pitch mark of the day, but in the end it was still a one hop and stop. Not that that's bad, but it would just need some getting used to as many have also eluded to here on the thread.
My biggest issue with this ball is landing on drives and visibility. The course we played today had various amounts of dried up leaves and pine straw. The orange, while not completely camouflaged, did not help with tracking it down. It definitely hid itself well to the point that I lost 2 from drives that were not too far off from the rough (this was with 3 people searching). Personally, it didn't "stick out like a sore thumb" like any of the yellow balls. Also, I experimented with some shallow water hazards with some mud and the yellow balls are much more visible in the water than the orange (I figure it's due to the warmer color hue that lends itself to blend in to more earthen tones than the highlighter yellow).

Putting: Love the contrast of this ball on the green which with the combination of the characteristics of the E6 make it a solid putting ball. On the practice green I was hitting 15 footers with ease (unfortunately that didn't translate to a good round which is more user error than the ball).

Durability: Great and long lasting. I couldn't scuff this thing (between cart paths and new XFT's) as I put it through the paces. In comparison I also looked at Calebt17's ball with the same result. This trait is more of an E6 trait that I find across all colors. If I didn't lose them myself then they would most likely last multiple rounds.

In summation, regardless of what color you choose the E6 is a great ball. It has characteristics that most mid to high cappers would cherish and appreciate. Out of the three choices of colors that Bridgestone have made available with the E6, my preferable choice would be the yellow. It all really boiled down to the visibility and the "findability" of the ball off the beaten path. Obviously if you hit on the fairway, white, or yellow, or orange, or even grass green you should be able to spot your ball. One of the reasons why the yellow hue is so popular across all brands is that it is much easier to spot off the fairway (grass, straw, water, etc). The orange just blended in to the point that you could easily walk past it if it was a little buried. I do hope that Bridgestone continues manufacturing these different colored balls. Although it's not for your golf "traditionalists" many of your typical weekend warrior golfer would greatly benefit from the "findability" of these balls. My hope is that with increased popularity, many of the other brands will also follow suit with some of their balls and from Bridgestone itself spreading it across all lines (which some of my THP brethren have been clamoring about). You really can't go wrong with the E6 line and, regardless of the color, will find it a great ball to play.

Once again, thanks to THP and Bridgestone for allowing us to test these balls.

Great write up guys! I love reading other folks comments about this ball.

Was out of town this weekend but when I got in on Sunday these were waiting for me...

attachment.php

attachment.php

I should be able to give a putting and chipping review early this week if the rain lets up enough here in Seattle. And I should have a couple rounds next week to give a full trial on the course with pictures

Thanks THP for letting me try these out!

I can't wait to get my hands on some of these....

Saw these in Golf Galaxy the other day. So I guess they are starting to show up in retail stores now

Saw these in Golf Galaxy the other day. So I guess they are starting to show up in retail stores now

Too bad the closest Golf Galaxy and Golf Smith are both an hour and a half away from me

Great write up Spank! Thanks for taking the time to do such a great job

It's great to see that a lot of the b&m stores carrying these and the yellows now. and not just a few boxes, whole displays are dedicated to them.

Back