Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell of a score, sounds like you need to report to the "Breaking 90" room. :beer:

same course I shot a 102 on earlier in the thread. I should be able to break 90 on it but I suck..........

8 months of fast learning...8 rounds a month on average. Roughly 100 rounds overall and shot a 78 today, 8 over on my local course. Keep the faith

8 rounds a month on average.

I wish!!! You lucky ******
Good score after 8 Months though, you'll be going pro soon if you carry on like that!!

I find that staying on the fairway and my coarse mangement is keeping my scores near the 100 mark, 96 and 98 this year. I just need to keep that consitant swing.

Finally broke through today! WooHoooooo!!!!! :D
Not quite setting the world on fire, didn't even have a single par, but avoided the really big numbers and ended up with 96!

Not quite setting the world on fire, didn't even have a single par, but avoided the really big numbers and ended up with 96!

Nice JL! I did notice that if you can just avoid that big number you can easily hit sub 100. Sometimes taking your medicine is good for you. :D

Congrats JL!

Congrats :beer:

Congrats JL!!!

I've been playing golf for about 2 months now, and im trying to see if I can break 100 before the end of the year. HOPEFULLY!

Congrats JL!
Good Job!
You kept that scorecard didn't ya?

Shot a 94 today. stayed in the fairway and had that consistent swing

Thanks, all. And yes, I have the scorecard! :)

Congrats DBjr!!!!

Made it out for 9 holes this afternoon. Haven't played much the past few months so I almost dreaded going out to play...took my time getting there figuring I was going to be rusty as hell, shoot 60+ and not want to play again for a while. If this was to be my last round of the year, that wasn't how I wanted to end it.

The dread became even worse after warming up on the range...wedge shots were a joke and my new driver was 50/50. Once I hit the course and relaxed a bit, it went better than expected- finished with a 47.

Very strange 15th hole though...sliced the ball toward a tree on the left side of the fairway, shot across the fairway toward a tree on the right side, shot back to the left, bounced off the cart path, shot 25 feet in the air and landed on the green. Reminded me of those McDonald's "nothing but net" commercials from the 80s with Michael Jordan and Larry Bird.

will i break 100 tomorrow?

will i break 100 tomorrow?

so my 4th round ever tomorrow ive played the course twice already 125 and 106.
will i break the 100 mark?
i dunno but ill have fun trying

I hope you do! If not, just go out and have fun. Best suggestion, don't add up the scorecard till the end :)

Merged with the trying to break 100 thread.

I bet you do. What's the weather got planned for you? We have low temps and lots of snow heading this way, yuk. Good luck tomorrow, let us know.

the new motherboard showed up a few minutes ago, thanks again for the help.

Hope to get on it in a little bit. Between work, THP and Twitter it can be tough to add something else, haha

Hope you kick butt tomorrow, but have fun like yoc said above.

i didnt do it :( 103 first 6-7 holes was a nightmare couldnt hit the ball i was all over the place one good thing was my short game from 30 yards in.

i will do it next time lol
57 out
46 in

i didnt do it :( 103 first 6-7 holes was a nightmare couldnt hit the ball i was all over the place one good thing was my short game from 30 yards in.

i will do it next time lol
57 out
46 in

103 is amazing when you have only been playing 13 weeks. I have a feeling low scores are just around the corner for you. Andy in the "Ask the Professional" section might give you a big jump if you can send him a vid of your iron swing.

103 is amazing when you have only been playing 13 weeks. I have a feeling low scores are just around the corner for you. Andy in the "Ask the Professional" section might give you a big jump if you can send him a vid of your iron swing.

No kidding, I was no where near breaking 100 after 3 weeks of golf. Sounds to me like you will be doing it any day now Boss

Good to see we are still adding and loosing members.

First round of the year 100 :rolleyes:, I leaked a lot of strokes around the greens, especially the Par 3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back