I think Little Sacul is a lefty

sacul1573

What's a GIR?
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, they say you can't tell if a kid is left or right handed until they're 2 or 3. Little Sacul is 17 months old and he's starting to favor his left hand. Holding spoon/forks, dragging golf clubs around, etc. There is still alot of swapping from left to right to left, but definitely seems like he favors his left. The wife and daycare have also been noticing.

I'm sure TC will love this.

So whats a good sport for a lefty, besides running? :alien:

Oh god, another one. I thought we could save him...

I kid, I kid. Good luck finding Jr. Sets for him though

My son was lefty...and righty...and now he's all righty. Though he swings pretty good lefty.

Poor little sacul! I've decided that being a lefty is a curse.

Baseball, baseball, baseball.

Baseball, baseball, baseball.

Lol, my thoughts exactly. Get him into pitching, and maybe some switch hitting...

It's a fool proof retirement plan.

I hate being LH. Those US Kids sets were crap...

Lol, my thoughts exactly. Get him into pitching, and maybe some switch hitting...

It's a fool proof retirement plan.

I forgot where I saw it but there was a statistic that said lefties have a greater chance of making the majors and have a longer than average career (once they get there) than righties.

My niece at 13 months is starting to show signs of being a lefty (there's a lot of it on my father's side of the family). First thing I said to her when my sister brought it up, "she's gonna hate golf".

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Phil is a righty who plays lefty. Lefty's stereotypically are better athletes so pick an sport and good luck.
Teach him to throw a curve ball and he could stay in the MLB for 30+ years!!

if you go with golf....start him right handed. the only reason i suggest teaching him right handed......better equipment options now and in the future.

the left handed kids i teach from the beginning are all baseball players. if a lefty shows up for his first lesson and mom/dad ask for my opinion....the first question i ask is if they play baseball (bat from from the left side). if the answer is no.....we try right handed first. they almost always stay right handed.

good luck.

both my parents, and most of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents are left handed. My sister and I arent though, weird

1st base or pitcher in baseball.

Teach him to throw a curve ball and he could stay in the MLB for 30+ years!!

I'm a lefty and threw wicked curve balls and screw balls as a kid.

My elbow is shot. Can't throw at all.

Kevin

It's really weird, I remember seeing like 1-2 left handed golfers when I played a ton 10-15 years ago, now they are everywhere.

I will say that I know how hard it is to find left handed golf equipment. My wife is left handed, she has a horrible time trying to find something she likes and fits into.

It's really weird, I remember seeing like 1-2 left handed golfers when I played a ton 10-15 years ago, now they are everywhere.

Expect to see more over the next few decades. I remember hearing when I was a kid in the early 1980s that lefties were only about 4-5% of the population, and I remember reading somewhere that it was currently at about 10%.

It had already been phased out when I started school, but it wasn't that long ago (up until the 1960s/1970s?) that some teachers, especially in parochial schools, would 'beat the left' out of a child.

Back