Name 2 recent club purchases that have lowered your scores the most

1. My faithful putter that I put back in my bag.

2. Adams SuperBlack hybrid. Much better than my old hook machine of a hybrid.

you still sure about that buddy? i see the 3iron has booted it!

recently it would have to be the Mizzy wedges with the spinner shafts....heaven!

recently it would have to be the Mizzy wedges with the spinner shafts....heaven!

I have to second the Mizuno Wedges with the DG Spinners... I'm getting up and down more than ever.

havent had course time yet but I am hoping ot follow up and say my Eidolon wedges. man, I am excited for tomorrow

you still sure about that buddy? i see the 3iron has booted it!

haha yeah, no more 3h for me. When I discovered that I can hit the 3 iron more consistantly than a hybrid, I kicked it to the curb.

So, as TC has pointed out, my 2 new clubs would have to be:

3 iron: Great off the tee on shorter to mid length par 4's and the occasional par 5 (3 iron, 3 iron, wedge to the green). This club is a FIR machine!

Machine SteamPunk Putter: I am not a Scotty Cameron fan, but that is the putter I rolled the best... till the Machine putter came along. Scotty is a great putter finisher, but the machine is ORIGINAL which is something that I don't think Scotty can say about many of his putters. The Machine putter fits my eye and personality and you can't ask much more than that, but I can because it puts a fantastic roll on the ball.

Without a doubt the two Niblicks. They have given me a ton of confidence around the green and from 70 yards and in.

Nike VR 56 wedge - very few chips that I can't hit with this
Ghost putter - only one round so far but my putting distance control was leagues better than my last few rounds.

Most recently were the TM R9/Miyazaki combo and my 50° and 56° wedges.

I've found more fairways and distance than ever with the driver, and it has helped me a ton.

I was gaming some garbage component wedges and they were tough to hit well.

My TM SuperTri and my 58* lob wedge.
Both have helped drop my hdcp this year.

I had a record round yesterday and would say the biggest two drivers were my new Adams Driver 9064LS. I have gotten much more consistent with it. The shaft is terrific. Would then say my center shafted Rife Barbados. I have really struggled with putting and the shift to a center shafted putter along with the grooves has made a big difference

not a recent purchase but a Cleveland Form Forgrd II putter I finally went out and gamed did me right as well as a R7 Quad driver head I just purchased and shafted.I'm not sure about the shaft I chose for it but it still did me right.

I would say that my 2009 TM Burner driver (stiff shaft) immediately increased the fairways hit, and driving distance. Now if I can work out my sloppy grip, then the snap hook will go away! Next would be a Cleveland Launcher DST 2-iron hybrid that I replaced my starter set fairway woods with. I feel confident hitting the hybrid, and confidence definitely goes a long way. (no pun intended) I will say that practice, in general, has also played an equal part in bringing my scores down!

For me this would have to be the 64 degree Vokey wedge I just added. This club is fantastic for 60 yards and in. Been chipping with it as well (along with PW and 7 iron) which also works well when I need to fly the ball 50% or more of the way to the hole. My only complaint is that I wish the bounce wasn't so big. I forget the number but the big rounded front lip sits pretty high off the ground compared to my 60 degree Mizuno with a 5 degree bounce. I've had a couple of disastrous skulls due to this (and a poor swing of course).

If you are confident in your wedge swing and want to try something new, go for a 64. Lots of fun.

Cleveland Niblick 42*- I purchased this club on ebay for $50 shipped. I've gamed it the last 3 rounds I've played, and it has easily shaved 5-6 strokes off my game. I was terrible around the green. I consistently bladed shots or in an attempt to not blade the shot, I would hit it too hard. This club has helped me get up and down for par sooo many times. I think I use it on just about every hole. I can knock it within 6 feet and nail the put. This club is going to be in the bag for a loooooong time.

I don't even need to name 2....this club has done it all for me and I'm a believer in the nibber

great stuff jing....I love my 56 Nibber as well. lifesaver around the greens, from fairway bunkers, and even 100 yds wher I need a high hop and stop shot
Cleveland Niblick 42*- I purchased this club on ebay for $50 shipped. I've gamed it the last 3 rounds I've played, and it has easily shaved 5-6 strokes off my game. I was terrible around the green. I consistently bladed shots or in an attempt to not blade the shot, I would hit it too hard. This club has helped me get up and down for par sooo many times. I think I use it on just about every hole. I can knock it within 6 feet and nail the put. This club is going to be in the bag for a loooooong time.

I don't even need to name 2....this club has done it all for me and I'm a believer in the nibber

For me this would be my R9 460 and my Burner rescue. Too many reasons to list but much much better than the clubs they replaced.

1: Fonta Ghost putter. It's already knocked 4/5 putts a round off my score
2: Vision's golf balls. You guys think the orange e6 is bright? I should send you some of these. They start off super bright then start glowing when in sunlight. The only time I've lost balls has been to the evil water trap monsters.

Back