Techniques To Find Your Ball?

I hate losing my balls..:bad:

Interesting. I thought that was what the kid was for?

My son went into a patch of nettles looking for a shank of mine. NEVER again! It took twenty minutes to pick all of that crap off his clothes. He was so damn proud of himself for going in there, I had no choice but to be proud of hime too, even if the ball stayed in there.

I tend to lose my ball at the end of the flight all the time. It just disapeers as it nears the ground. So much so, that I just start looking in the woods and work my way out.

damn sugar!

Ladies tees. Had to have her move back to the senior tees a month ago. I'm exaggerating, but she's getting it out there pretty good, and on some hole from the front tees, she was getting it pretty well past me. And to be honest, Mrs. Esox can't find her own shots, much less mine.

Kevin

The Srixon Yellows have helped me a lot.....

I hate losing my balls..:bad:

Me too. Lost three balls over the last two rounds. One ball hit a tree and no one saw it come down. My score usually shoots up after losing a ball. A mental thing.

This is a big problem from be causes swing issues... I get so concerned with trying to track my ball that it causes me to lift my head to so and then all hell breaks lose...

Myself and the group I play with, we make it a collective effort. We all are looking at every shot and if there is a search for a ball, then we all go help look.

I often ride instead of walk so if there are shots off there fairway, I will ride out immediately and start searching for the ball and then drop a white towel next to it and then go to my ball... that way the person walking doesn't have to look all over and it really does help speed up the group if we aren't finding the fairway.

I landmark first and if I get up there and no ball is to be found I use the cussing and fussing method...."That d@#& thing should be right here!!"

Seriously though, the Srixon ZStars in yellow have saved me a couple of strokes a round due to not losing them......can't miss those day-glo yellow things!!

I landmark first and if I get up there and no ball is to be found I use the cussing and fussing method...."That d@#& thing should be right here!!"

Seriously though, the Srixon ZStars in yellow have saved me a couple of strokes a round due to not losing them......can't miss those day-glo yellow things!!

I actually went and bought a dozen today... hope they feel as good as they look.

To me they feel great.
I was playing the Bridgestone e6 before and I don't see too much difference. Feels good off the putter as well.
I found them for $30 a dozen at PGA Tourstop online about a month ago. Looks like that might be the new going rate as I have heard that the price has gone down from $40 per dozen everywhere...

Perhaps if I played balls that were in excess of $45 I'd be even better at finding them. lol.

Maybe I am just fortunate but I rarely lose a ball. If I am in doubt I just look in the ball pocket of my cart bag and by golly, there it is!

I try to use the landmark method to find my ball, but when we get up there is usually goes like this:

Dad " So do you think its up here"

Me " Ya I had it right by that mesquite bush, or was it that mesquite bush, or maybe that one right there?"...........gotta love the "senery" here in West Texas lol

Found 'em!

sawgrass_diver_lg.jpg

Find my ball? They are disposable, I just bring a ton of em with me.

No, seriously... Landmarks are the best thing to do... the problem is, that it can sometimes roll under leaves, and sink into the rough, so looking from other angles usually helps as well.

I've also gone the super bright ball route. Knowing that I can keep my head down properly has stopped all the skulled shots I use to do as I know I'll be able to find the little bugger. You will pry the Vision's balls out of my cold, dead hands.

I landmark it, then go to that area and look at the terrain to figure out what the ball might have done. If it's hardpan, I'll consider the entry angle and look forward along that line to see if it skipped that way. If it's deep stuff, I'll walk the area where it most likely settled.

I generally don't spend a lot of time looking for lost balls...I don't like falling behind on the course and my game goes down the tubes if I feel like we're being pushed. I'll give it a quick scan (no more than a minute or two max) and if I don't find it I drop another ball and take my lumps (or go to my provisional if I hit one) and play on.

Yellow balls really help, but they aren't fool proof. Yesterday, I found 2 shots that would have probably been goners (in the woods) with a white ball, but the yellow was peeking through. I would have rather played my provisional in each case since I had such horrible lies, but such is golf. I did end up losing one and still wonder where the damn thing went. I used all my tricks, but couldn't find it for the life of me. It didn't help that I absolutely ripped a drive (pulled it) and it hit a cart path. I could have been two fairways over for all I know.

Back