Sklz Accelerator Pro Putting Mat Review

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted a home putting green to practice on that wouldn't break the bank. I looked through many different ones and decided to go with the Skiz Accelerator Pro version. It was $49 on Amazon. Amazon Link Also it gave you alignment lines at 3', 5' and 7'. I thought that would be beneficial to me too.

When I received it in the mail, opened the package and laid it out since it was rolled up. It came with an automatic ball return that needed to be assembled to. This was easy to do, but I couldn't seen to get it to lay flat. (After a week it has still not flattened out) I then waited till the next day to try the mat out, since it was bumpy the day before. The mat seem to work great at first. I didn't mind having to hit the ball up a slight incline, since you are suppose to hit about 12" behind the cup anyway. I was doing really well at it! I thought my putting skills were just awesome! This made me start testing it from different angles, which went in with ease to. I think they sloped each side of the green near the hole towards it. This really made me frustrated with this product. Due to this I have decided to send it back, thank goodness I bought it from Amazon which makes it easy to return.
All in all, the putting surface was good on this product and the construction was good. I just felt it wasn't a very realistic and true training aid. I think I am going to continue my search for a good putting mat at a low price. I guess if the search fails, I will end up paying $300 for one of the Tour Links or Big Murph greens.
I have attached some personal pictures I took of it, before I sent it back.
View attachment 1583View attachment 1584View attachment 1585

NO offense but $49 for artificial grass that wont lay flat and a piece of molded plastic for the ball return doesn't seem to have the value. There are some great home putting greens reviewed on this site. The Big Murph looks awesome but might be out of your price range that you want.

No offense taken. I am one of those that have to try the cheap, before I buy the expensive. I have read the reviews of the other mats and wish I had the money to buy one. I just can see myself paying $300 for a putting practice aid.

I"m the same way. The Big murph looks awesome but....... My carpet and coffee cup are already paid for.

Well, you could try a birdieball putting green. I've heard good and bad things about them though. For 40 bucks with a code you can get a 2' by 9' and you can get 15% off with a youtube code.

Well, you could try a birdieball putting green. I've heard good and bad things about them though. For 40 bucks with a code you can get a 2' by 9' and you can get 15% off with a youtube code.

I might try that. I am not sure if I am going to buy another one off of the internet for now. I think I am going to look around my local stores and see what they have to offer.

I may get one soon to test it out. If I do, I'll let you know.

Here is the one I just bought not to long ago. It serves its purpose well. 45 bucks. Has 3 holes and its kidney style shaped. Has a slight incline just before the holes.

When you get mats like these, put them in the sun for a few hours and they should flatten out, thats what I did with the one I got.

here it is. Not much, but it gets the job done
http://cgi.ebay.com/Putting-Green-3...278?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaca83c66

I wanted a home putting green to practice on that wouldn't break the bank. I looked through many different ones and decided to go with the Skiz Accelerator Pro version. It was $49 on Amazon. Amazon Link Also it gave you alignment lines at 3', 5' and 7'. I thought that would be beneficial to me too.

When I received it in the mail, opened the package and laid it out since it was rolled up. It came with an automatic ball return that needed to be assembled to. This was easy to do, but I couldn't seen to get it to lay flat. (After a week it has still not flattened out) I then waited till the next day to try the mat out, since it was bumpy the day before. The mat seem to work great at first. I didn't mind having to hit the ball up a slight incline, since you are suppose to hit about 12" behind the cup anyway. I was doing really well at it! I thought my putting skills were just awesome! This made me start testing it from different angles, which went in with ease to. I think they sloped each side of the green near the hole towards it. This really made me frustrated with this product. Due to this I have decided to send it back, thank goodness I bought it from Amazon which makes it easy to return.
All in all, the putting surface was good on this product and the construction was good. I just felt it wasn't a very realistic and true training aid. I think I am going to continue my search for a good putting mat at a low price. I guess if the search fails, I will end up paying $300 for one of the Tour Links or Big Murph greens.
I have attached some personal pictures I took of it, before I sent it back.
View attachment 1583View attachment 1584View attachment 1585

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14478-Indoor-putting-greens/page2

here is my unboxing of the tour links 9 foot aid - its really nice - it says to give it a day or two for the turf to lay completely flat - but its been several hours and its putting great already - i put the block on there and take some swings with it - it really straightens out ya putts. That is if you use a straight back and straight through stroke. Then you remove the putting aid - and duplicate that stroke - its money. I got teh 9 foot model as a 13 footer wouldnt fit. I figure if i work on my stroke from 9 feet - it would be great to be automatic from there on in. I also think it will help work on speed and just the stroke itself. just my opinion - but i feel like its worth the money - high quality product - and worth its weight in gold if i can improve my putts in the off season!

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14478-Indoor-putting-greens/page2

here is my unboxing of the tour links 9 foot aid - its really nice - it says to give it a day or two for the turf to lay completely flat - but its been several hours and its putting great already - i put the block on there and take some swings with it - it really straightens out ya putts. That is if you use a straight back and straight through stroke. Then you remove the putting aid - and duplicate that stroke - its money. I got teh 9 foot model as a 13 footer wouldnt fit. I figure if i work on my stroke from 9 feet - it would be great to be automatic from there on in. I also think it will help work on speed and just the stroke itself. just my opinion - but i feel like its worth the money - high quality product - and worth its weight in gold if i can improve my putts in the off season!

Keep us in the loop about how it goes for you!

I can tell you one thing though... if I could make 9/10 putts from 9' I would be a MUCH MUCH better golfer

I had the same issues with a different brand that also had an incline. I literally could not miss a putt and I felt that it was made to channel the ball slightly towards the hole.

i have to completely disagree with the OP...got this green and itrs true to how it rolls and realistic...

I have recently picked up this Accelerator Pro (about a month or so ago) and absolutely love it. The first day, I hated it. It seemed slow and it hadn't fully laid flat. However the next day when i got home from work I played around putting for a half hour or so and finally got the hang of it. I was a horrible putter. A "chilly dipper" if you're familiar with the expression. I'd have way too far of a back stroke and would stop right at contact. After purchasing this mat and following the guides and alignment aids, I dramatically improved my putting. Dramatically. For reals. Maybe not the best aid for some of you with decent putting, but for someone like me who was horrid, this thing has been amazing. I still use it. I still love it.

Back