Rocket Tour Headcovers

AHA

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 5.9
Does anyone have any experience with Rocket Tour headcovers (http://www.rockettour.com/). I've seen a few guys on tour with these in their bags and I'm thinking about grabbing two of their Skinny Stick models for my 4 wood and hybrid. I'm just wondering what the quality is like, how they hold up, what kind of protection they provide, etc. Thanks!

Yes. And they stunk. Within 6 months both of the covers I got were falling apart. Sent multiple emails to the company and never heard a thing.

Yikes...thanks JB! I want to get some retro covers so I may need to hit up someone to custom make some for me. I've seen a few companies that do that. Any suggestions or maybe other places to look for these types of headcovers?

I have had good experiences with mine. I have two of them, one is a year old and holding up well and one is two years old. The two year old one is a little stretched and has a few holes but it still looks ok.

Yikes...thanks JB! I want to get some retro covers so I may need to hit up someone to custom make some for me. I've seen a few companies that do that. Any suggestions or maybe other places to look for these types of headcovers?

Buy a mashie from Cleveland in 2011. HAHA

I kid. There are some custom places I am sure. Jan Craig Headcovers used to be real quality and we reviewed some here a few years back. But they did not make it I dont believe.

Keep us in the loop.

I have one about a year old. I only use it if I know its not going to rain. It still looks great and has held up well- but I don't think any woollies are practical for everyday use.

Shame, I like those old school knitted headcovers.
I got one 4 years ago (not same company but same style) but the elastic band down on the end broke so the headcover kept sliding off my 3 wood.

There is a lady that makes these that a ton of guys over on another golf forum absolutely rave about. Her name is JuJu. I will go over there and look if she has a website. I know that she does business on the Bay.

Edit: Here is her email address if you want to talk to her about some covers. [email protected]

Edit2: And here is her ebay ID: caljmdl1979

Also I have not ordered anything from her or do I know her in any way. I just know I've heard some great things about her covers.

Last edited:
I don't like the look of those rocket socks. Might as well use an old tube sock.
Just my opinon though.

Ok, so I ended up ordering some Rocket Tour headcovers because I just couldn't find anything else that I liked the look of that wasn't custom order. I ordered a royal blue with white stripe (and tassel) driver headcover, a black skinny stick headcover and a royal blue and white skinny stick headcover. They showed up at my door today.

First impressions are that they are nice quality, and they look great in person. You'll notice in the picture below, that I got four headcovers in the mail when I ordered and paid for only three.

View attachment 1587View attachment 1588

How did I get a free headcover you ask? I noticed after I placed my order that I missed a promotion that Rocket Tour was running by a few weeks. I sent the company an email explaining that I recently discovered them and wanted to know if they would honor the promotion (even though it had clearly lapsed). Much to my delight, the package that showed up at my door included the additional headcover at no additional charge. I love when companies do stuff like this.

Like I said above, so far I'm impressed with the quality of these covers. The driver cover fits my R9 Supertri perfectly. Each of the covers is long enough to provide shaft protection where needed. The skinny stick covers are great. No tassel on these...only a small tab (which includes a velcro 3, 5 or X...each of which is included with each cover), which I really like the look ok. These are meant for hybrids and smaller fairway woods. When they say smaller fairway woods, they mean it. It's a perfect fit for my 3 hybrid, but a snug fit for my 4 wood (which has a pretty small head for a fairway wood). This is great for me as it is exactly what I was looking for, but be warned that if you're fairway woods are large, the skinny sticks may not fit.

I'll update this thread with my thoughts after I've had these for a while and have used them on the course, taken them on and off repeatedly, etc. For now, I'm pleased with the covers, the look in my bag and the company for being awesome and honoring an expired promotion.

You can check them out here if you're interested: http://www.rockettour.com/

Just to follow up on this thread...I've had my Rocket Tour headcovers for almost two months now and so far, so good. They look great, and they're holding up pretty well given how often I take them on and off. This is my first experience with knit-type headcovers, so I'm just guessing here but the stretching that has occurred thus far seems to be about what I expected. They're not so lose that they fall off, but they do go on/off noticeably easier than when they first arrived. I haven't noticed anything pulling loose yet, loose threads, etc., so overall I'm pretty pleased. It will be interesting to see what they look like in another few months. I'll report any problems back here.

Appreciate the follow up!!!!!!!!!! I love the look of these types of headcovers.

I know, I love that they are going with the throwback headcovers...I'm a big fan (obviously)!

They didn't fit my Superfast. It felt like I was going rip it to shreds trying to put it on. I like the style, just think they need to add more acrylic to the weave.

I really like mine and have had no issues with them holding up. The Adams Idea Pro Gold hybrid stock headcover has the rocket tour logo on but in my experience is not of the same quality so I may be picking up one more. I hope you enjoy them.

Back