Contest - True Temper DG Spinner Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One contest ending today, so it is time to start another one of course. Recently myself and a few of the THP Staff Members have become quite enamored with a new shaft coming out from True Temper called the DG Spinner shaft for the wedge.

A few weeks ago, we had the creator of this shaft on the THP Radio show, and in case you missed that, here is that show available for download or listening.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10556

We also have a rather lengthy forum thread on this shaft from the people that have had a chance to try it out. You can read all their feedback right here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?11313-True-Temper-DG-Spinner-Shafts-Interview

With all the excitement surrounding this new launch, we wanted some of our readers to have the opportunity to try them out as well and let us know their thoughts. So with the help of True Temper, THP is going to give away a brand new shaft to FIVE people.

You will have the opportunity to have it installed on the wedge of your choice and let us know your feedback that you are seeing in this brand new technology.

1045064922_Aj88L-M-1.jpg

Prize
The winners of the contest will receive a brand new True Temper DG Spinner Shaft.

Contest
Name Your New Wedge
Some people name their putters, their drivers, heck anything that works for them on the golf course. Well, we believe with this new wedge shaft, that you will be quite happy, and may even want to name the wedge it goes into. So the contest is NAME YOUR WEDGE. What will you call your wedge once the DG Spinner Shaft from True Temper is installed in it?

Rules
Only one entry per person
US & Canada residents Only
The deadline of this contest is Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. All entries must be received by then to be considered.

This contest is open to THP forum members with a minimum of 10 posts and 5 in the last 30 days.
If you are not a member, no sweat.
Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

By entering this contest you agree to post pictures of your prize, should you win, in our Contest Winners Thread in our forum.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?1323-Contest-Winners-Thread

To Enter
Entering this one is extremely easy. You will respond in this thread with the answer to these three questions.

1. What wedges do you currently play?
2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in?
3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win?

Good luck everybody and let's have some fun with this one. Creativity counts and the winner will be chosen by THP Staff Members with some assistance from the fine folks at True Temper.

This thread should be a lot of fun and feel free to banter about all the names that people come up with. Good luck everybody.

Last edited:
WOW! THP you are absolutely amazing! TY TY TY

OMG I just reread and somehow i missed it - FIVE people are winning! AHHHH How will i decide which of my wedges to put it on lol.

OK here goes my entry:
1.) Currently play Cleveland CG-15 in Black Nickel, 50,56,60
2.) What loft: So tough here - I love that 50 - but i think it would be best in my 56 - since i can do so much with the 56... so its the 56!
3.) My name is: "The Answer" yeap lebron style - since this is my scoring club- just like lebron - the answer to my problems - hit it close -and put for birds.

Thanks so much for ANOTHER awesome contest. Dang - you all are amazing.

Nice job too True Temper - i have not read one negative review on these -except that they are not out yet LOL!

good luck everyone! Yet ANOTHER great contest here at THP

1. What wedges do you currently play? Miura 52 & 58
2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in? 58
3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win? MONEY

great contest. I know when I played with golf4life last weekend he was raving about this shaft

Another great contest put on by THP...you never cease to amaze me !

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 52* 56* 58*

2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in? 56*

3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win? Hop-N-Stop

• Admin
This has been added to the home page as well. If you decide to enter, drop a comment down on the home page and show the company that you are excited about this contest.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10823

1.) Callaway X Forged 52* 56* and 62*
2.) I would put the DG Spinner on my 56* Wedge
3.) I would name my wedge "Little Miss Can't be Wrong" Which is...of course...a Spin Doctor's song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWbMu4PtpE

I'll also stamp "LMCBW" on the wedge

Thanks

Wooot! Thanks to TT and THP!

1. What wedges do you currently play? TM XFT 50° and Mizuno MP T Series 56°
2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in? 56°
3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win? Mizzter Spin!

1:Currently play either a Mizuno MP/T 56/10 or a Titleist SM54/10
2:I'd put it in a 58 degree
3:I'd name it "The Chipmaster"

Callaway XTour 52, TM Xft 54, Dunlop 56
My TM 54 degree because its my favorite
Antilles!! (After the character in Star Wars, Wedge Antilles)

1. Cleveland CG 15 (54, 60)
2. 64 degree.
3. "The God Wedge", to go along with my "The God Stick", my putter.

Awesome Contest! Thanks THP and True Temper!

1. What wedges do you currently play? TaylorMade xFT 52* 56* 60*

2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in? 52*

3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win? Mac Daddy Jr.

Adams Tom Watson 52, 56, 60
The Spininator (been watching too much Phineas and Ferb with the kids just love Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz)

Thanks a ton to THP and True Temper for a great opportunity to play this great new shaft!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cobra UFI & S2 Wedges -- 50 (S2), 54, & 58 degree wedges
2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in? 54 degree wedge
3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win? Ellie May -- Cause this purty little shaft will have the locals wanting to get one :D

my answers

my answers

1) Mizuno MP-T Black Nickel 52, 56, 60 + Vokey Oil Can 64
2) I'd slap onto the Vokey 64 for sure since I use it for everything 70 yards in. Plus the existing shaft is already a little different than the other wedges.
3) I'd name it after Tim Lincecum, "The Freak"

Another great contest. Thanks!

Thanks THP for all the great contests!

1. Taylormade Z TP Smoke 52* 56*
2. I would put it in the 56*
3. I'll call it The Old Spinster

1. I play the Cleveland cg 14 wedges, 52*, 56*, and 60* . I also have PineMeadow 64* and 68* wedges with a Feel 73* for good measure. The Dr. Knockdown 80* is used on occasion.

2. I would put the shaft in the 60* Cleveland because I have an extra brand new one with perfect grooves.

3. What name? It would have to be Swirly McSpinspin, because Ludicrous Axhandle McShaftwielder is already taken.

Thanks as always THP!

1. R9 PW/R9 AW/Titleist Vokey 56/Callaway X Tour 60
2. 60 - not too enamored with the Titleist and the 60 is what I use for pretty much everything around the greens
3. The skinner.......for all those balls I'll skin hitting full wedge approaches. :)

LOL at Clam Fist's name! Can't wait to see everything people come up with.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Callaway X-Forged 54° & 58°
2. What loft would you put the new True Temper DG Spinner shaft in? 58°
3. What will you be naming your new wedge if you win? Unreliable

1) Mizuno MP-T Black Nickel 52, 56, 60 + Vokey Oil Can 64
2) I'd slap onto the Vokey 64 for sure since I use it for everything 70 yards in. Plus the existing shaft is already a little different than the other wedges.
3) I'd name it after Tim Lincecum, "The Freak"

Another great contest. Thanks!

Ya, im going to have to VETO this! haha

- I'm currently playing the Taylormade xFT wedges.

- I'd put the new shaft in a 56* wedge. I have always had trouble spinning the ball out of bunkers, so maybe this shaft will help!

- "The Spin-tuation" - Because I'll have a real spin-tuation when this shaft helps me GTL (G - GET it close to the pin, T - knock it TIGHT and L - LOVE my short game again).

Thanks THP!

Great contest, thanks to THP and True Temper for the opportunity!

1. I'm all over the place with my wedges, CG15 52, Bridgestone J38 Black Oxide 56, and CG14 60
2. I would put this thing in my J38 Black Oxide (56 degree)
3. Name: Excalibur, the legendary sword of King Puttin4Bird

- I'm currently playing the Taylormade xFT wedges.

- I'd put the new shaft in a 56* wedge. I have always had trouble spinning the ball out of bunkers, so maybe this shaft will help!

- "The Spin-tuation" - Because I'll have a real spin-tuation when this shaft helps me GTL (G - GET it close to the pin, T - knock it TIGHT and L - LOVE my short game again).

Thanks THP!

LOL...you should "A Pauly gize" for making a Jersey Shore reference ! :banghead:

Back