Old irons or new?

Old irons or new?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jefffann

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
THP is always giving us great reviews on new equipment as well as a lot of shootouts between various brands they have access too.
Today I got to see the new Cleveland CG16 irons here.
I thought I'd put a poll up to see how we are keeping up with the new iron choices out there.

Well I just updated my old Callaway X14 Pros to the new Adams Idea Tech V3 Hybrids , as when I seen them posted here I had to get them and I am not sorry I spent the money !

I picked my Full Cavity VRs this summer, but they originally came out in 2008. I plan to keep them for the time being.

I guess mine must be 09's. They are the Nickent 4DX and I bought them new in January 2010 as the company was going out of business. I do have some from early 70's and 90's, lol.

Last edited:
did I just wake up from hibernation ? its January 2011 ???? :D

I guess mine must be 09's. They are the Nickent 4DX and I bought them new in January 2011 as the company was going out of business. I do have some from early 70's and 90's, lol.

nicely done duey hahahaha

my ping g15's were released in 2009.... i bought mine in 2010

2003- Taylormade RAC-HT

Callaway Diablo Edge irons bought in 2010.

2003 irons bought new last year...

Adams Idea Pro Gold irons, still waiting for my next staff deal to come along so that I can replace them......

Mizuno MP58's and 68's bought this year. However I really did not have a choice as I came back to the game after many years away. I had an entirely different set of objectives for my golf game this time around so I had to get new irons.

I bought my 09 Burners this year and have a backup set of Titleist DCI OS+.

I bought my Cobra SZ 09 early this year..

I am still hitting a set of Callaway knock-offs built for me in 2001 after my Dunlop pawn-shop sticks were stolen in a burglary. I've replaced the driver this season, and just added a couple of Cleveland wedges to the bag a couple of weeks ago and plan to replace the irons next season.

Using a set of Bridgestone J33 Combo irons that I picked up used in 2008.

A big fan of combo/progressive sets so even if I were to switch to another set, it would still be something older like the Titleist 735CM, Bridgestone J36 Combo or Mizuno custom combo (ie MP33+MP60).

I picked up a set of 2006-2007 Titleist 775.cb's in 2009 and they kicked out of the bag PING i5's which kicked out Callaway X20's

I bought a 2008 model in 2008. I don't see me changing them anytime soon.

I switched from new to old recently. I now play a set of sweet Mizuno T Zoid Pro II. The irons are straight butter!

My current gamer setup is in my signature, all purchased new, or slightly used this year. Most of it is 2009 models except the hybrid, not sure on model year of the putter.

Today I played a set of Australian Blades circa late 80's early 90's. What a wake up call on the range this morning. My hands were just SCREAMING at me.

I switched from new to old recently. I now play a set of sweet Mizuno T Zoid Pro II. The irons are straight butter!
I switched from the T Zoid Pros to my G5s. I may switch back, as I just can't get used to the G5s. I bought them new last year, but they are an '05 model. All depends on what I see that catches my eye for next year.

I am still playing the X14's from 2000 I think? Still lots of game left in them.

I'm playing my Nike Slingshots that I bought in '05 or '06, can't remember exactly. I also have a TaylorMade r7 quad which I'm going to reshaft for next year. And, my putter is a Ping Anser from the '90s!!

Started last year with a borrowed set of old Cobra irons then bought the Diablo Edge Hybrid and Iron set. I nicknamed them the "training wheels"

Back