Today at the course!

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I was at one of my cheaper end but still nice local golf courses Eagle Run in Omaha, and I just played nine. It wasn't that great of a day, I ended up with a 34 (it is par 32) and the course is pretty easy. But when I was waiting for my ride home, one of the pro's at the course had noticed how much I had been there and we had made some small talk sometimes. Anyways to make a long story short, he offered me a job! I start this spring when I turn 16 and I guess if I have to be working, why not at a golf course!

well congradulations..hope it works out

Congrats! Hope you like it.

Sounds like a good way to spend your time to me. Best of luck!

There are a lot worse places where you could be working than a golf course! Congrats!

Thanks everyone! I was pumped and had to get this out there.

Very cool dude! That is the absolute best place for a kid to work in my opinion, constantly around good people, get to golf for free, what better job is there!?!

SWEEETT SCORE! Enjoy the summer out in the open air and around something you like to do

Today I was at one of my cheaper end but still nice local golf courses Eagle Run in Omaha, and I just played nine. It wasn't that great of a day, I ended up with a 34 (it is par 32) and the course is pretty easy. But when I was waiting for my ride home, one of the pro's at the course had noticed how much I had been there and we had made some small talk sometimes. Anyways to make a long story short, he offered me a job! I start this spring when I turn 16 and I guess if I have to be working, why not at a golf course!

Awesome. Do you know what type of work you will be doing? Or is it just a "whatever needs being done" type of deal? Should be a fun job.

Awesome. Do you know what type of work you will be doing? Or is it just a "whatever needs being done" type of deal? Should be a fun job.
Ha, its not much, but it will mainly be handling the carts and cleaning and putting them away and ya probably a little bit of anything that can be done. IMO its one of the best things I could find though!

That's amazing. Just think...FREE GOLF!

You're going to be able to practice so much. Awesome.

Congrats! I started working part-time at our local county golf course a few months after I retired. I have all the free golf I can handle and I love it! Easy job, meet a lot of great people, and play til your heart's content. I even receive a paycheck as an added bonus. :D I'm sure you'll love it!

That is awesome. Work hard, make friends with the management & members and you never know what can come from it.

Gratz on the job!!!! Free golf, free range balls and you get paid to go to the golf course..... Have fun.......

I wish you the very best. As every job working with the public, please be careful. There are some one off's out there. Congrats on the free golf.....

Back