Cleveland or Vokey wedges

BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
Looks like I have to find another OEM for my wedges.I require a 48* wedge and TM no longer offers a 48* wedge even on Tour.:(

I'm leaning towards Cleveland cause the appearance is very similar to the TM's,even though I don't care for the only finish avil for LH is the black pearl.

If you had to choose between Cleveland and Vokey's,what would you choose and why?

Of the two, I like Clevelands a little better. But the TM xFT I feel are a little heavier and easier for me to swing.

Cleveland! I have both and I just feel the cleveland performs better.

I have played Titleist wedges since 1990 something so I am biased but I loved my Vokeys. feel is amazing, love the classic shape and they are relatively durable.

I prefere the Clevelands. Mostly due to feel and looks.

I've never played a Vokey, so my opinion doesn't really count for much here. I have gamed a Cleveland Reg588 and a CG15, along with a couple Callaway X-Tours. Of the ones that I have played I prefer the CG15 the most. I get the most feel and the best spin out of them.

Being "The Year of the Wedge", try going into a golf shop and pick up a couple used wedges for cheap. The grooves may be worn but you'll be able to get a feel for them before dropping $120 per wedge. Try them out and see what you think. I know the Golfsmith here (and the Golf Galaxy) have more used wedges right now than any other used club in the store.

Neither, go for Eidolon ;) Seriously, I love my set. I used Vokey's before and it really doesn't compare, IMO it's mainly the shaft that makes the difference. The stock Vokey wedge shaft was far too stiff for me, and with the 30 (or 60) day money back guarentee you can't go wrong! Terry (the owner of the company) is really helpful regarding what set up to go for too e.g. shaft stiffness, lie angle etc...

Neither, go for Eidolon ;) Seriously, I love my set. I used Vokey's before and it really doesn't compare, IMO it's mainly the shaft that makes the difference. The stock Vokey wedge shaft was far too stiff for me, and with the 30 (or 60) day money back guarentee you can't go wrong! Terry (the owner of the company) is really helpful regarding what set up to go for too e.g. shaft stiffness, lie angle etc...

Thats a preference and while I love Eidolon wedges, myself and quite a few others still prefer others. His question was not which is your favorite wedge, but deciding from the two, which would you take.

Yeah I know...just thought I'd add it in.

Between the two...I can't really say having never hit the Clevelands. So count me out :( lol

Haven't hit the Vokey's but the new CG16's are awesome. They look great and put some mean spin on the ball.

i use to only game the vokeys myself big lefty and while they are very good wedges, i musc preferred my cg14's when i went to them. now that could have to do with the fact that i was an improving golfer but i found the cleveland to offer a softer feel, less clicky i suppose you could say. at any rate, i'm sure you can conduct a little shootout of your own between the two. i'd certainly be interested in following. or perhaps you've already made your decision by now?

Back