Nike MachSpeed Black Driver

I can't tell from the pictures, but does this model still have the convex shaped face as the original machspeed has? Don't know is convex is the right descriptive term, but it's what comes to mind first.

The square machspeed black is absolutely great in my hands!! The stock (S) stiff shaft is a great paring. I was looking forward to actually playing with it (did not happen)
It's got the right feel to it, sounds super nice when you hit it, and to me, it was easy to hit!!
The round one... not so much.
I like this driver much more than the Supertri or the VR!!
I am def. coming to the next outing with the Machspeed Black square driver in my bag!!

clubmakers cant keep inventing new technology each year so now they just repackage it in different colors and slightly different shapes....LOL

clubmakers cant keep inventing new technology each year so now they just repackage it in different colors and slightly different shapes....LOL

Do you know this as fact? And didnt you just say you got new clubs? :D

Ill be the party pooper here. I want to preface everything by saying I absolutely love the Str8 fit line of clubs. I like the fact Nike is back to the 8 way config. Unless I read something wrong haha.

I played the Str8 Fit Dymo2 (square) for awhile. It was in my bag during the outing in fact. Once you get used to the square head it really is a great driver.

I did not care for the Machspeed Black. The contact on the sweet spot felt dead to me with this club. It was easy to tell where I was hitting the club but I just couldn't get a good feeling with it. I was hitting the center for the most part and just didn't care for the feel.

The ball flight was ok to me. I just didn't get the wow feeling like I did with the first Str8 Fit line. I really liked the VR line but not the Machspeed line of drivers. Maybe it was just carry over. I will definitely be hitting this one again. Hopefully my first impressions weren't right because I really love Nike drivers.

did you hit the round or square one?
Ill be the party pooper here. I want to preface everything by saying I absolutely love the Str8 fit line of clubs. I like the fact Nike is back to the 8 way config. Unless I read something wrong haha.

I played the Str8 Fit Dymo2 (square) for awhile. It was in my bag during the outing in fact. Once you get used to the square head it really is a great driver.

I did not care for the Machspeed Black. The contact on the sweet spot felt dead to me with this club. It was easy to tell where I was hitting the club but I just couldn't get a good feeling with it. I was hitting the center for the most part and just didn't care for the feel.

The ball flight was ok to me. I just didn't get the wow feeling like I did with the first Str8 Fit line. I really liked the VR line but not the Machspeed line of drivers. Maybe it was just carry over. I will definitely be hitting this one again. Hopefully my first impressions weren't right because I really love Nike drivers.

I hit the sqaure one. To be honest I had no idea a round one was out there lol.
===== QUOTE Hanks ====

did you hit the round or square one?

===== /QUOTE ====

That's what the round one felt like to me, but the square felt great, which was odd. I have never like the feel of a square driver.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've hit both and honestly the round one I think is a little hotter. the square is definitely more forgiving and more 'club-like' but the the round seems to get the ball off the face sooner than the square one does. The square seems to absorb more of the impact and holds the ball on the face a tad more. just my opinion though

funny you say that, I hit the round and had no idea the square was there

I've hit both and honestly the round one I think is a little hotter. the square is definitely more forgiving and more 'club-like' but the the round seems to get the ball off the face sooner than the square one does. The square seems to absorb more of the impact and holds the ball on the face a tad more. just my opinion though
That is a pretty accurate description of exactly what I am seeing with the square compared to what I noticed with the round I played the 1 round with at the outing.

I've had the same experience with the Dymo line (square felt hotter).

I hope the second go around is better because I want to like these clubs.

Took them out to the range today and really liked what I was seeing here. We have a pretty cool review coming up on these soon with multiple writers contributing. It has been a fun process.

do you find the face 'dull' like some others have experienced?
Took them out to the range today and really liked what I was seeing here. We have a pretty cool review coming up on these soon with multiple writers contributing. It has been a fun process.

do you find the face 'dull' like some others have experienced?

I will say it in two answers.

I find that the sound makes it feel muted and a little dull.

But on the monitor today, the distance was quite good.

EXACTLY what P4B and I have been talking about. Nothing special in terms of feel and sound but the results are hard to ignore
I will say it in two answers.

I find that the sound makes it feel muted and a little dull.

But on the monitor today, the distance was quite good.

EXACTLY what P4B and I have been talking about. Nothing special in terms of feel and sound but the results are hard to ignore

Interesting.

Funny thing is, that none of us have compared notes at all. Havent really discussed it for a second. Yet we are all getting the exact same results. Three different players, three different swings and three different skill levels and all of us have the same results.

question is.....would you be willing ot get rid of the R9 to game this?

question is.....would you be willing ot get rid of the R9 to game this?

Dont know yet. Maybe. ANd definitely maybe if I was playing stock shafts in both.

Dont know yet. Maybe. ANd definitely maybe if I was playing stock shafts in both.

hmmm. I wasnt too impressed, but again, I think it was the weight. How hard would it be to get one of the better shafts tipped for this?

Back