Wilson Staff Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

Were the Ci9's at the outing?

Wilson Staff is on fire, for me personally they are rivaled only by Cleveland at this point. Great, great cubs.

The HS Fybrids have been great to me.

Yes they were. The list is on the 1st post.

Yes they were. The list is on the 1st post.

Sorry JB, I teach freshmen all day, they suck all common sense out of the area they are in. Like miniature black holes.

Sorry JB, I teach freshmen all day, they suck all common sense out of the area they are in. Like miniature black holes.

No worries, just a reminder.

Nice reviews. This past summer I started playing Wilson balls from time to time because they are pretty inexpensive and Ive always heard good things about Wilson clubs as well. I used to have a Wilson Augusta putter (basically a Bullseye clone) and really liked it.
Looks like I might have to give Wilson some serious consideration the next time Im in the market for new clubs.

Good luck!!! I still have my Ci7's sitting in my garage hoping to be played again one day. Lol. If nothing else they just look cool!

They had a set of Ci7's at edwinn watts last week when i hit the FG's i am not sure if they were used or not but i hit them to.They felt real good but they had a uniflex shaft i wasnt aware that Ci7's had a uniflex but,maybe thats how someone had ordered them or maybe they did come out with it on some.They also had a set of Pi7's and they were really really sweet i hit them great but,i dont know if they were used or not either and they didnt have as much forgivness as the FG Tours i didnt think.I was going to ask about them both and find out if they were used or not but,the guy that was working there was acting like i was getting on his nerves and i probably was LOL,so i let it go.The Ci7's were around $240 and the Pi7's were $300.I hit the Ci9's and the Di9's too and i liked them both but,i liked the Ci9's a little better and the stepless shaft was really nice i think it was a FST i dont know much about them but it felt and looked great.

the ci9's do have FST, stepless shafts. they feel fantastic and FST makes the KBS' that lots rave about.

Nice reviews. This past summer I started playing Wilson balls from time to time because they are pretty inexpensive and Ive always heard good things about Wilson clubs as well. I used to have a Wilson Augusta putter (basically a Bullseye clone) and really liked it.
Looks like I might have to give Wilson some serious consideration the next time Im in the market for new clubs.

I love all of my Wilson Staff equipment so i would say you should definently put them on your list but,make sure they are Wilson Staff and not just regular Wilson.Wilson Staff is the high end stuff not that the regular Wilson stuff is not good but Wilson Staff is what would be comparible to Mizunos and Taylor Made and the other brand names.You probably know this but you only mentioned Wilson in your post it might be hard to find W/S but,Edwinn Watts carries them.

the ci9's do have FST, stepless shafts. they feel fantastic and FST makes the KBS' that lots rave about.

Oh ok so it is basically a KBS shaft,thanks TC i didnt know that.

yeah, i don't think they are the same, but FST does make them. i love the FST shafts myself, but i also love the kbs'. it's hard to compare b/c the fst's i've hit are in the R9 and obviously the fst's are in the ci9's. too completely different irons imo.

I didnt really mean that they were the exact same i just meant since FST makes KBS then FST must be pretty good too,judging by all the good things i have heard about KBS.

yeah, i don't think they are the same, but FST does make them. i love the FST shafts myself, but i also love the kbs'. it's hard to compare b/c the fst's i've hit are in the R9 and obviously the fst's are in the ci9's. too completely different irons imo.

Yeah they are made by the same place. So are UST "made for" shafts and the ATTAS shafts. Not comparing, just using an example.

Nothing wrong with any shaft if it fits ones game. I too like the FST shafts, but I know quite a few that did not care for them.

I have a question for smooth.

As a complete brand loyalist (nothing wrong with that), and at the same time new to the game, do you ever wonder if other equipment would fit you better? Or heck how good something else might work? I mean I cant imagine being a 1 year player and looking to pick up FG Tours. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the FG Tours, but they are not forgiving much at all. I have never had a "complete brand" bag, and often wonder if it would be so limiting. For instance, I love the W/S irons. Really like the hybrids too. The wedges are a nice surprise as well. But I I have tried all of their woods and had them in the shoot outs and they did not stack up. Again, just for me and our testers.

But without trying other things, how does one know what works best for them?

Yeah they are made by the same place. So are UST "made for" shafts and the ATTAS shafts. Not comparing, just using an example.

Nothing wrong with any shaft if it fits ones game. I too like the FST shafts, but I know quite a few that did not care for them.

I have a question for smooth.

As a complete brand loyalist (nothing wrong with that), and at the same time new to the game, do you ever wonder if other equipment would fit you better? Or heck how good something else might work? I mean I cant imagine being a 1 year player and looking to pick up FG Tours. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the FG Tours, but they are not forgiving much at all. I have never had a "complete brand" bag, and often wonder if it would be so limiting. For instance, I love the W/S irons. Really like the hybrids too. The wedges are a nice surprise as well. But I I have tried all of their woods and had them in the shoot outs and they did not stack up. Again, just for me and our testers.

But without trying other things, how does one know what works best for them?

I have thought about it and i have only had this bag and all the W/S for about 7 months my first bag looked like this
Driver:Nike it was just blue and had a swoosh
3-wd:Nike Sasquatch
Hybrid:T.M.rescue mid
Irons:vulcan woody z3:3-pw full set of hybrids
Wedges:Cleveland Cg 12's i think 55* 58*
Putter:Odessey 2-ball
Ball:Whatever was in the 50 cent box
But one day i got the Di7's and immediately loved them and started looking at W/S and noticed nobody else gamed them and i like being different and somehow i turned into a brand loyalist.It wasnt something i was really trying to do it just happened pretty much one club at a time and then i looked in my bag and it was all W/S lol.To answer your question no i dont worry about if something else would fit me or help me get better because i am getting pretty good with what i got.I have read reviews that say W/S's woods are not that good but i put my Smooth down the middle of the fairway 7 out of 10 times and,i outdrive drivers that are supposed to be better 9 times out of 10.Seriously i havent seen any evidence that it isnt good what is wrong with 300 yards and in the fairway.As for why i want to get the FG Tours....its simple i think i can hit them and take my game to the next level,i know i am only a year into golf but,i grew up playing baseball and basketball and i excelled at both.I had 4 scholarship offers in basketball in just my junior season but then i blew every ligament in my knee out so i didnt get to go but,i have always been good at whatever sport i played.I have a confession to tell you about my handicap,i said it was 18 and it was.........about 8 months ago when one of my friends at the golf course figured it up for me.I have no idea how to do it and that friend moved away and i am afraid i would look like a complete moron if i asked anyone so,if somebody asks me i just say 18.I will just tell you what i shot today i played 18 holes(par-72) and I shot 80 and i didnt even play good today cause it is really cold here in TN. right now and my knee was hurting really bad today but,I break 80 consistently.I played in a club scramble Sunday at my golf course and my team won with a score of -13 and i was the best player on the team but i was the D player.Some of the people on the other teams got mad and the club manager informed me that when the scrambles start up again next year i will be either an A player or a B player.So its true i have only been playing a year and i dont want to sound like i am tooting my own horn(toot tooot,just joking) but,i am pretty damn good and getting better everyday.And I just took my first lesson ever last week,and after the first 5 holes me and the teacher played he asked me how long i had been playing i told him almost a year and his jaw dropped and he said REALLY.He was shocked cause thru 5 holes i was -2 and the teacher was even par LOL so, if W/S's equipment has gotten me this far i dont see any reason i should switch and for some reason i am just not interested in any other companies stuff.I guess i just dont see it the same way you do.Say 2 teams are playing a basketball game there would be 10 players 5 to each team and,everyone of them use the same basketball and the same goal the thing that sets one apart from the other is talent not a different ball.Every golf company in the upper echelon of equipment manufacturers make quality equipment (W/S included) and they each make alot of equipment (W/S included) so, out of all of the quality equipment that each one makes if i cant find 14 clubs from one manufacturer and not play well then i might as well not play cause its not the clubs its the lack of talent.

Last edited:
I have thought about it and i have only had this bag and all the W/S for about 7 months my first bag looked like this
Driver:Nike it was just blue and had a swoosh
3-wd:Nike Sasquatch
Hybrid:T.M.rescue mid
Irons:vulcan woody z3:3-pw full set of hybrids
Wedges:Cleveland Cg 12's i think 55* 58*
Putter:Odessey 2-ball
Ball:Whatever was in the 50 cent box
But one day i got the Di7's and immediately loved them and started looking at W/S and noticed nobody else gamed them and i like being different and somehow i turned into a brand loyalist.It wasnt something i was really trying to do it just happened pretty much one club at a time and then i looked in my bag and it was all W/S lol.To answer your question no i dont worry about if something else would fit me or help me get better because i am getting pretty good with what i got.I have read reviews that say W/S's woods are not that good but i put my Smooth down the middle of the fairway 7 out of 10 times and,i outdrive drivers that are supposed to be better 9 times out of 10.Seriously i havent seen any evidence that it isnt good what is wrong with 300 yards and in the fairway.As for why i want to get the FG Tours....its simple i think i can hit them and take my game to the next level,i know i am only a year into golf but,i grew up playing baseball and basketball and i excelled at both.I had 4 scholarship offers in basketball in just my junior season but then i blew every ligament in my knee out so i didnt get to go but,i have always been good at whatever sport i played.I have a confession to tell you about my handicap,i said it was 18 and it was.........about 8 months ago when one of my friends at the golf course figured it up for me.I have no idea how to do it and that friend moved away and i am afraid i would look like a complete moron if i asked anyone so,if somebody asks me i just say 18.I will just tell you what i shot today i played 18 holes(par-72) and I shot 80 and i didnt even play good today cause it is really cold here in TN. right now and my knee was hurting really bad today but,I break 80 consistently.I played in a club scramble Sunday at my golf course and my team won with a score of -13 and i was the best player on the team but i was the D player.Some of the people on the other teams got mad and the club manager informed me that when the scrambles start up again next year i will be either an A player or a B player.So its true i have only been playing a year and i dont want to sound like i am tooting my own horn(toot tooot,just joking) but,i am pretty damn good and getting better everyday.And I just took my first lesson ever last week,and after the first 5 holes me and the teacher played he asked me how long i had been playing i told him almost a year and his jaw dropped and he said REALLY.He was shocked cause thru 5 holes i was -2 and the teacher was even par LOL so, if W/S's equipment has gotten me this far i dont see any reason i should switch and for some reason i am just not interested in any other companies stuff.I guess i just dont see it the same way you do.Say 2 teams are playing a basketball game there would be 10 players 5 to each team and,everyone of them use the same basketball and the same goal the thing that sets one apart from the other is talent not a different ball.Every golf company in the upper echelon of equipment manufacturers make quality equipment (W/S included) and they each make alot of equipment (W/S included) so, out of all of the quality equipment that each one makes if i cant find 14 clubs from one manufacturer and not play well then i might as well not play cause its not the clubs its the lack of talent.

Ummm I asked about missing properly fit equipment for someone. Not about your athletic achievements, but thanks for the background I think. Not sure how someone who consistently breaks 80 is considered the D player in a club scramble, but Im glad to see the game is coming along well...I think. Im also glad to see that in less than a year you out drive most tour pros and hit the fairways more often as well. Its quite an achievement. Enjoy the Wilson Staff stuff. I know so many love their gear and find it perfect for them.

Just asking questions and it seems every time I ask you one, you get so defensive. Simmer down a tad killer. We are all friends here. And I swear the space bar does not bite.:D

Last edited:
i wasnt defensive i was the D player because i told them when i signed up to play that my handicap is 18 but what does it matter everytime i post something you accuse me of lying or in some way ridicule me so forget it.this is my last one,enjoy

i wasnt defensive i was the D player because i told them when i signed up to play that my handicap is 18 but what does it matter everytime i post something you accuse me of lying or in some way ridicule me so forget it.this is my last one,enjoy

Dude, nobody has ever accused you of lying. Heck, you even apologized in the last thread when you thought that. Simple questions. You might be used to that at other forums, but not here. Im very curious about things, and like to ask questions. Never saw a single accusation, but whatever works best for you.

In case you have not noticed, I like a lot of W/S equipment. Check out our reviews. You just seem to get SOOO defensive anytime someone asks a question. Oh well, I always thought forums were for conversation, I guess not in all cases.

I love all of my Wilson Staff equipment so i would say you should definently put them on your list but,make sure they are Wilson Staff and not just regular Wilson.Wilson Staff is the high end stuff not that the regular Wilson stuff is not good but Wilson Staff is what would be comparible to Mizunos and Taylor Made and the other brand names.You probably know this but you only mentioned Wilson in your post it might be hard to find W/S but,Edwinn Watts carries them.
W/S does seem to be harder to find, but the next time I hear of a Wilson demo day in my area I might have to check it out. I love my Mizunos but Im also open to what else is out there that might suit me better. If I hadnt been, Id still be blindly loyal to Titleist! LOL

Dude, nobody has ever accused you of lying. Heck, you even apologized in the last thread when you thought that. Simple questions. You might be used to that at other forums, but not here. Im very curious about things, and like to ask questions. Never saw a single accusation, but whatever works best for you.

In case you have not noticed, I like a lot of W/S equipment. Check out our reviews. You just seem to get SOOO defensive anytime someone asks a question. Oh well, I always thought forums were for conversation, I guess not in all cases.

You saying im glad you can do this and do that better than pros was your way of saying that i was full of it.I can break 80 and hit fairways on my home course which is a pretty easy course.I have played it (weather permitting) 4-5 times every week for the past year so,i know every nook and krany and,every break on every green i know where my drive needs to go to be most effective and,i know what shot to hit so i can get to each pin.Could i break 80 and hit 70% of fairways on a course that pros play or even a hard course that you play,HECK NO i couldnt i would be lucky to break 100 and find 5 fairways a round.I can drive the ball 300 yards no matter where im at i dont know why but,i have been long off the tee from day one.I miss logging onto THP and from now on i will stop being a crybaby and taking everything so serious and,i know i posted too much info but,it was like 4 in the morning my knee was hurting so bad i couldnt sleep and i guess i just wanted to talk but,i agree it was ridiculous and too much info.

You saying im glad you can do this and do that better than pros was your way of saying that i was full of it.I can break 80 and hit fairways on my home course which is a pretty easy course.I have played it (weather permitting) 4-5 times every week for the past year so,i know every nook and krany and,every break on every green i know where my drive needs to go to be most effective and,i know what shot to hit so i can get to each pin.Could i break 80 and hit 70% of fairways on a course that pros play or even a hard course that you play,HECK NO i couldnt i would be lucky to break 100 and find 5 fairways a round.I can drive the ball 300 yards no matter where im at i dont know why but,i have been long off the tee from day one.I miss logging onto THP and from now on i will stop being a crybaby and taking everything so serious and,i know i posted too much info but,it was like 4 in the morning my knee was hurting so bad i couldnt sleep and i guess i just wanted to talk but,i agree it was ridiculous and too much info.

i say just shake it off and get back to posting man. what you are/have gone through (taking some time off from the board happens to a lot of us). tones, humors, they're tough to read through just words. i know JB personally, and i can promise you that he's not calling you a liar or making fun of you, he just doesn't work that way. but you also have to understand what he does all day, everyday, that's test equipment (whether it be by him or by multiple testers) and one thing he's found (b/c we've had this conversation many of times) is that most golfers think that they hit the ball further than they actually do. a lot of that has to do with measuring drives off of scorecards and not with gps' and rangefinders.

it's all good bro, i promise. c'mon back and get your chat on. you being gone meant you missed out on a round with me and another forum member two weeks ago at graysburg hills!!!

i'm glad you're posting again.

Thanx man i appreciate it and,i do understand that i took it the wrong way,i do have a tendacy to do that LOL i dont know why.And i do understand that people think they hit the ball longer than they really do (heck before i found out for sure i thought and would've bet a bill that i was driving the ball close to 400 yards) and,im not saying i average 300 yards but i do put it out that far when my swing is in sync.I have been to launch monitors at edwinn watts,golf galaxy and golf pro stores and trust me i really can hit it 300 yards but,i understand what you mean.But regardless of that i just wanna say im sorry to all and,i am glad to be back.I really like this site ALOT and,i missed it more than i thought i would so,i am back.

Last edited:
Thanx man i appreciate it and,i do understand that i took it the wrong way,i do have a tendacy to do that LOL i dont know why.And i do understand that people think they hit the ball longer than they really do (heck before i found out for sure i thought and would've bet a bill that i was driving the ball close to 400 yards) and,im not saying i average 300 yards but i do put it out that far when my swing is in sync.I have been to launch monitors at edwinn watts,golf galaxy and golf pro stores and trust me i really can hit it 300 yards but,i understand what you mean.But regardless of that i just wanna say im sorry to all and,i am glad to be back.I really like this site ALOT and,i missed it more than i thought i would so,i am back.

well, i'm glad you're back and i can promise that i wasn't disputing how far you hit the ball at all. it's funny how hard it is to stay away from this place though.

First of all I am so glad to be welcomed back Thank you and i am sorry i was such a crybaby (i am a grown man for crying out loud,LOL).

I was wondering if you guys were gonna test the new Wilson Staff DXI driver,fairways and hybrids the new FG Tour wedges and the new vizor putters,if you are when will it be.And if you are not planning on testing them would you consider doing it ? I am curious if they are good and how they stack up to other companies stuff that will be coming out this year.

I was wondering if you guys were gonna test the new Wilson Staff DXI driver,fairways and hybrids the new FG Tour wedges and the new vizor putters,if you are when will it be.And if you are not planning on testing them would you consider doing it ? I am curious if they are good and how they stack up to other companies stuff that will be coming out this year.

I hope so, I love the stuff they have out there right now, especially the Fybrid's both the 08 and HS versions. I know some people here have their current putter line and like them a lot too.

First of all I am so glad to be welcomed back Thank you and i am sorry i was such a crybaby (i am a grown man for crying out loud,LOL).

I hope so, I love the stuff they have out there right now, especially the Fybrid's both the 08 and HS versions. I know some people here have their current putter line and like them a lot too.

The plan is yes, like we do all brands.

Yea i love my fybrids they are soo easy to hit and i have the heavy sole version and they really get the ball high so if i get lucky enough to hit a green that far out the ball will hold most times.I have three of the putters (i know its a little overboard) the 8885,8884 and 8883,the 8883 is my gamer and,i want to get a fourth also the,8882.I dont care if i game it or not i just want one putter like "THE WILSON 8802" i will game it if it makes putts but,i just want that style before its gone.I like my 888 series putters but,i have been thinking that i might need to try a more forgiving high MOI putter.Since i started gaming the 8883 i have seen quite a reduction in 3 and 4 putts,they are almost nonexistent now and,i am becoming more cosistent.But i still hit it on the toe sometimes especially under pressure so,i think i will look at some forgiving putters for next year.I do love my 8883 tho so,i wont be surprised if i am still gaming it,LOL.

Back