What is the strength of your golf game?

Short game.
I have practiced 100 yds and in much more than any other area of the game. When I first started playing I read somewhere that 100 yds and in are 75% of the shots you make per round so I practiced that 75% of the time.

So that explains why my driver sucks and my putting is average at best...

Length off the tee has always been my strong suit.
The old saying of "Drive for show...putt for dough" is somewhat true, but if you are hitting a 4 or 5 iron into the green and I am hitting my 7 or 8 iron, my putts are going to be a lot shorter than yours are on average.

Definately my driving accuracy. /sarcasm off

Its a toss up between my distance with my driver and chips and pitches with my wedges.I guess if i had to choose one it would be my wedge play.I am really long off the tee but,i can sometimes get a little bit wild with pull hooks but if i am on its long and in the fairway with a little draw.My wedge play on the other hand is money i can hit whatever shot that i need with my 56*.I do hit it thin maybe once a round but,as long as i keep my head down and dont "peek" its a good shot.I actually chipped one in today and that was great cause i cant putt worth a damn,lol.

my strength is probably playing under pressure, if you can call that a strength. I perform better the more that's on the line. I think it's from playing so many other competitive sports before golf, especially basketball. I am also good at blocking out all distractions, like noise, and especially bad holes. On to the next one!

About 100 yards and in is where I'm the best!! I hit the pin a lot of times with my wedge shots :smile:

My wedge game never let me down.

My wedge game around the green is my strong point and my weakest link is fairway woods. I seem to hit my hybrids much more consistant than traditional type fairway woods.

Making par from some of the situations I put myself in.

That's optimism, taking a strength from a weakness!

For me, its putting. Ive always had a good feel for putting and always been good at reading the break of the green and the speed. When my putting is on, I can usually make about 75% of my putts within 10' and the ones that I miss are usually within a foot of the hole.

can i change my answer to the practice area/range lol

My strength is approach wedges. I've worked really hard on them this year and I love to hit the low one hop and stop spinner wedges. I'm changing my focus to putting over the winter. I will emerge into the sunshine as a deadly putter next spring!

Shorter putting definitely. I was 16 for 16 inside 8 feet my last round. Of course, having 16 shorter putts in one round means I wasn't sinking any of the longer round. I had 7 lag puts outside of 5-6 feet. It was ridiculous.

By far my wedge game. Anything 75 yards and in is money in the bank.

through the years, my iron play has always been consistent and typically saves me if putting or tee-shots are not working on any given day. I am working on my game off the tee, and welcome any advice for putting drills, etc...

a strong iron game has always kept me hopeful and coming back to the game during long absences from the game

Lately it has been my short game that's keeping me "decent".

The best part of my game is always reviewed in the clubhouse after a round. In fact, after each review it gets better and better!
No sense ruining a great day with the truth....

I would go with pitching and putting, it has saved me so many times!

Putting is the greatest strength of my game. I average slightly less than 2 putts per hole. My wedge game is second.
The worst part of my game is my driver.

A. Putting
B. Driving accuracy
C. Short game

Bottom of the list: approach shots/iron accuracy and distance

I generally hit the ball straight, and I know my way around the snack bar menu.

1. Putting (still use a putter I bought from the driving range that Kelly Tilghman worked at in her youth...unfortunately my youth was a little before her's but her family owned the golf course and range so I guess I contributed to her education a little. Paid about $20 24 years ago for this putter and still love it to this day...

2. Length (PW is around 150, 5i around 200, and Driver tops 300 and beyond when I hit it right...not bad for a 42 year old). Of course length is also my nemisis since I am not always straight off the tee as I once was and not the longer I hit the further I am from finding it sometimes.

3. Chipping

Back