Cleveland & Never Compromise Demo Day Reviews

Me (and my wallet) are waiting on the Mashie with much anticipation
For those that were at the demo (or heck, even those that werent and are reading this thread), how many are just waiting and waiting for the Mashie and the Gambler?

For those that were at the demo (or heck, even those that werent and are reading this thread), how many are just waiting and waiting for the Mashie and the Gambler?

You could say that. I REALLY want the Mashie.

i definitely want to try the mashie, but not sure if it'll be the best thing for me until i hit it. although i think it will be based on what i was seeing it do for everyone else.

the gambler also intrigues me. you know i dig on that style of putter, but i'm not even sure if it will be available for me in lh or not.

Mashie.... Mashie... Mashie....

Gambler.. maybe. But's not having the Mashie sucks. lol.

i definitely want to try the mashie, but not sure if it'll be the best thing for me until i hit it. although i think it will be based on what i was seeing it do for everyone else.

the gambler also intrigues me. you know i dig on that style of putter, but i'm not even sure if it will be available for me in lh or not.

It will be.

I am really excited about both. I would love to add them to my bag, not sure I will have the $ to do so. I didn't write down the lofts of the mashie...does anyone remember what the 3 and 4 lofts were?

It will be.

well, the fact that you can customize it, and the fact that it happens to be my absolute favorite style of putter, and the fact that it will be available, means there's a solid chance that i go that route. it's so gorgeous, and it's nice to be able to have somewhat of a say in how you want it to look.

well, the fact that you can customize it, and the fact that it happens to be my absolute favorite style of putter, and the fact that it will be available, means there's a solid chance that i go that route. it's so gorgeous, and it's nice to be able to have somewhat of a say in how you want it to look.

agreed...great that its going to be in LH too.

I am really excited about both. I would love to add them to my bag, not sure I will have the $ to do so. I didn't write down the lofts of the mashie...does anyone remember what the 3 and 4 lofts were?

18, 20.5, 23

18, 20.5, 23

thanks...23 is just what I am looking for to fill my gap between my 19 and 27(5 iron).

I am really looking forward to trying out the Mashie again. I'm trying to decide what direction to take my bag in next year and want to look at moving from three hybrids to two.

The Gamber mid-mallet was just plain sexy. The chomed out sole was stunning and the face was very nice. It actually was one of three putters that made me consider a milled face instead of an insert.

Generally speaking, how much further were people at the outing hitting the Mashie compared to their regular hybrid ? You may also want to differentiate on your current hybrid's stated loft compared to the Mashie's 18*, 20.5*, 23* lofts. Are the Mashies easier to get airborne as well ?

Generally speaking, how much further were people at the outing hitting the Mashie compared to their regular hybrid ? You may also want to differentiate on your current hybrid's stated loft compared to the Mashie's 18*, 20.5*, 23* lofts. Are the Mashies easier to get airborne as well ?

I was not hitting them further, (but I love my current DST hybrid with Miyazaki C.Kua shaft). For me it was about the shot dispersion. I was more accurate to the center by far. I also think the feel is much improved as is the balance. And the final straw for me. I think its the best looking hybrid I have seen to date.

Eyeballing distances it was farther but I'd have to take it out to verify. The main thing for me was the feel and how easy it was to hit the club. I have 4h... and the mashie was easier to get up in the air. My hybrid is easy now but this was definitely easier.

For me (and probably the others), it was a little hard to gauge distance versus our regular hybrids because I don't think many brought their clubs to the demo day practice area, and also, there was a 20 mph headwind making it very hard to gauge typical distance carried. BUT to answer your second question, they were very easy to get airborne, and best of all, they didn't balloon into the 20 mph wind much at all for me. I was hitting the 23* Mashie and if I had to guess, I was getting similar distance to my current 22* Taylormade Rescue Mid.

Launcher Ultralite (270, 290, 310) - W/Miyazaki C.Kua Shafts
Launcher Ultralite FW Woods - W/Miyazaki C.Kua Shafts
Cleveland Mashie - W/Miyazaki C.Kua Shafts
CG16 Irons (2 Finishes)
CG16 Wedges
Never Compromise Gambler Putters (3 Models)

I wanna say that Cleveland is bringing the pain this year with their new equipment. It was def the talk of the day and I cant wait til it hits the shelves.

The drivers were your tpical Launcher driver, which I personally do not care for, they do not suit my eye. But the fact that they all come with the M shafts....absolutely incredible! Some dumb dumb will off one of the drivers on the cheap and I would yank the shaft out of that bad boy in a second.

The Mashies were awesome, great feeling hybrid and looked awesome too. Thats one thing cleveland did is made all of their new gear just look incredible.

The irons and wedges, JB described the irons to a T. I know for a fact I heard many people raving about both the irons and wedges and I know a few people who have said they are gonna buy them.

The putters, oh oh oh....that was my O face. The really brought the pain with these putters. I can assure you I WILL have one of these putters when they come out. Looks alone they will sell a lot, but when you putt one of these, its a MUST HAVE!!!

for me it wasn't about distance, it was about trajectory. for instance the 4h I hit took off like a 4h but definitely had the length of a 3h for sure.

I agree with what most have already said. From my first swing I was wow'ed. Just by the sweetness of the shot. Felt great, looked great and super easy to hit. It was so windy Im not even sure how the distances would compare to tell you the truth. And JB makes a good point, seemed every shot was pure and on the money.

Launcher Ultralite (270, 290, 310) - W/Miyazaki C.Kua Shafts
Launcher Ultralite FW Woods - W/Miyazaki C.Kua Shafts
Cleveland Mashie - W/Miyazaki C.Kua Shafts
CG16 Irons (2 Finishes)
CG16 Wedges
Never Compromise Gambler Putters (3 Models)

I wanna say that Cleveland is bringing the pain this year with their new equipment. It was def the talk of the day and I cant wait til it hits the shelves.

The drivers were your tpical Launcher driver, which I personally do not care for, they do not suit my eye. But the fact that they all come with the M shafts....absolutely incredible! Some dumb dumb will off one of the drivers on the cheap and I would yank the shaft out of that bad boy in a second.

The Mashies were awesome, great feeling hybrid and looked awesome too. Thats one thing cleveland did is made all of their new gear just look incredible.

The irons and wedges, JB described the irons to a T. I know for a fact I heard many people raving about both the irons and wedges and I know a few people who have said they are gonna buy them.

The putters, oh oh oh....that was my O face. The really brought the pain with these putters. I can assure you I WILL have one of these putters when they come out. Looks alone they will sell a lot, but when you putt one of these, its a MUST HAVE!!!

Great review there T!! I love the "pain" statements :D.. You know when a club performs as well as these new Clevelands do, the pain of purchasing these new toys is a bit less stressful. I know both Kelly and I are looking at two of the products as a done deal. Cleveland hit the nail on the head with their 2011 products. I might add, just try em, you will have a smilie on your face :O)....

Hit some of the Mashie's again today. Im in love!

*sigh Cleveland needs to let these bad boys out now. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I really like my Nickents and my Bobby Jones hybrids, but all this talk about the Mashies already has me putting away some cash for a spring purchase! If they perform anything like the Cleveland Niblicks I may go back to having no irons in the bag again! What was the highest loft on the Mashies- 30? 34?

And I was sure my only new buy was going to be couple of Trilogy fairway woods.

This game can get expensive!

I am totally waiting for the Gambler. But not for the Mashie, I just couldn't hit that thing for the life of me. I must have been the only one there that didn't like it. But the CG16 Wedges, and irons were beautiful. I hit the new Cleveland Driver too, (can't remember which one) but it was an absolute beast. I was getting crazy launch monitor numbers with that thing. My experience with the Driver and Mashie were the complete opposite of OEM.

That being said, the Gambler will likely unseat my putter of 4+ years as soon as it is available.

nobody likes a bragger lol of course I'm just jealous

Funny, I really like my Nickents and my Bobby Jones hybrids, but all this talk about the Mashies already has me putting away some cash for a spring purchase! If they perform anything like the Cleveland Niblicks I may go back to having no irons in the bag again! What was the highest loft on the Mashies- 30? 34?

And I was sure my only new buy was going to be couple of Trilogy fairway woods.

This game can get expensive!

The highest loft we had was 23

Back