What cigar did you smoke today?

Waiting for UPS to deliver a package of LGC Wavell Naturals (Special from Famous Cigar). I'll be lighting up one or two late Thursday afternoon as my partner and I play for our league championship! Doesn't get much better than that.

Father gave me a Cohiba #2...so good. These things are worse than drugs.

I've got big plans tonight to smoke a San Cristobal and a Tatuaje P1. I may go nuts and have a Punch Rare Corojo as well.

Montecristo Media Noche #2

I had a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 on the weekend. I rather enjoyed it.

I had a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 on the weekend. I rather enjoyed it.

I have a cigar dinner sponsored by Rocky Patel later this month. I am very much looking forward to it. I don't believe I have tried the brand before so I am looking forward to it.

Partagas corona, quite interesting

Last edited:
Well, it's cold in Utah, so I'm sticking with petite coronas/mareva until I put a fan in my soon to be be cigar room. This cigar is one of my favorite, one I've been aging for quite a while (2+ years), a montecristo no 4 (cuba), it was tremendous and paired well with a local whiskey from Park City, High West, Otherwise my go to short smoke would be a Tatuaje VI angeles.

Absolutely love la aroma de cuba in the monarch size or a good brickhouse. Cannot beat either of those for the value. If i could smoke any cigar whenever I wanted to it would have to be an Ashton VSG or Padron anniversary. With a nice glass of scotch after a round of golf and I think you have a fantastic day.

Padron 1926...robusto, what a great smoke!

Padron 1926...robusto, what a great smoke!
That is a phenomenal smoke! Hope u enjoyed it. I got a couple padron anniversarios in the humi that I will have to light up soon.

That is a phenomenal smoke! Hope u enjoyed it. I got a couple padron anniversarios in the humi that I will have to light up soon.

I need to visit the smoke shop again soon and try one of the 40th or 80th anniversary but they are like $30 smokes!

I need to visit the smoke shop again soon and try one of the 40th or 80th anniversary but they are like $30 smokes!
Agreed fortunately the wife loved me enough this Xmas to get a few smokes that I wouldn't have normally bought myself. I'm kind of waiting on a special occasion to pull it out with a nice glass of lagavulin.

Absolutely love la aroma de cuba in the monarch size or a good brickhouse. Cannot beat either of those for the value. If i could smoke any cigar whenever I wanted to it would have to be an Ashton VSG or Padron anniversary. With a nice glass of scotch after a round of golf and I think you have a fantastic day.

just saw that you also smoke the Ashton VSG...I agree they are hard to beat. I enjoyed those many a night with buddies in Afghanistan. Time to visit Cigars International!

just saw that you also smoke the Ashton VSG...I agree they are hard to beat. I enjoyed those many a night with buddies in Afghanistan. Time to visit Cigars International!

That VSG is so smooth, tasty and consistent. Be sure to mention which cigars you pick up. I am always curious about new sticks (as there are so many options when I visit the cigar store).

I take it you served from your mention of Afghanistan and the handle in your name (Ranger1989)...

nothing new for me but if you like Ashton VSG and Padron...you should also like Oliva V series (double robusto) and also try the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Special (Belicoso) they are both great!

View attachment 1824

here is a good pic from Bagram about two years ago...good times

Well I would just like to say thank you for your service. Our country is truly blessed to have people like yourself and fellow soldiers that have put their lives on the life for the safety of our country. Thank You!

nothing new for me but if you like Ashton VSG and Padron...you should also like Oliva V series (double robusto) and also try the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Special (Belicoso) they are both great!

That Oliva Serie V is nice. I enjoyed that one. I have tried the La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial and did not enjoy that one as much as the regular La Aroma De Cuba (especially after they brought out the new blend).I might need to check but I dont think they changed the La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial but I could be wrong. I tell you they brought out anohter one in the last couple of months which is the La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor which is great. It is a little spicier than the regular La Aroma De Cuba but is a good smoke. I have usually smoked the monarchs in the LADC but am sure the other sizes would be enjoyable as well.

Well I would just like to say thank you for your service. Our country is truly blessed to have people like yourself and fellow soldiers that have put their lives on the life for the safety of our country. Thank You!

thank you, it has been an honor for me to serve such a great country for the last 24 years...look forward to a few more.

Man I can get anywhere around a cigar and get drunk as a coot :drinks:... Our golf course super keeps one in his mouth and if I'm anywhere within five yds of him my head starts spinning. One day it was cold and I had my cartcover on with the proplane heater. He wanted to ride with me and he had that cigar going inside the cover. About the fourth hole I could not stand up straight and was dizzy, like I had just got off a merry go round traveling 200 mph. I was even a bit nauseated. I am allergic to tobacco so I suppose that is what makes me so ill. I have good friends who love a good smoke but I just can't hang with em. I'm a wimp when it comes to a good cigar :banghead:. Cigarette smoke get's me too so I have to stay upwind from my buddies that smoke. You guys/gals enjoy your smokes and I know they make some great tobacco products.

Man I can get anywhere around a cigar and get drunk as a coot :drinks:... Our golf course super keeps one in his mouth and if I'm anywhere within five yds of him my head starts spinning. One day it was cold and I had my cartcover on with the proplane heater. He wanted to ride with me and he had that cigar going inside the cover. About the fourth hole I could not stand up straight and was dizzy, like I had just got off a merry go round traveling 200 mph. I was even a bit nauseated. I am allergic to tobacco so I suppose that is what makes me so ill. I have good friends who love a good smoke but I just can't hang with em. I'm a wimp when it comes to a good cigar :banghead:. Cigarette smoke get's me too so I have to stay upwind from my buddies that smoke. You guys/gals enjoy your smokes and I know they make some great tobacco products.

LOL Gray you crack me up sir. You have got to be the coolest person I have never met.

Back