Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Pavin can still rally this team and they can come out stronger and more united when play resumes.

1. Pavin needs to call a meeting and humble himself. "guys, I really screwed up. I made us look bad on an international stage. I need you guys to bail me out."

2. Self depreciating humor. Take the team out back and burn/burry/destroy the rain suits. Bond as a team over the ridiculousness of the situation.

If pavin takes the aloof, disconnected path I think he will- the USA could be screwed

Paul Azinger just tweeted players are back in position at 4:45pm local time/Play to resume at 5pm local. That means noon here east coast.

I can't even believe some people are saying the US is screwed right now, the conditions were horrible and they were playing in the most horrible rain suits ever made. Not only are they ugly they're about as rain resistance as a plain white tee shirt! They're going to be fine, shoot they lead in 1 match and the other matches are still well within reach.

play will resume @ 12 EST

Call me crazy, but I don't think they have cougars in Wales. Cougars gravitate towards the sun. Jeff, can you confirm?

There has been one or two couger spottings so far in this tournament. Turns out that it was just a couple of U.S. team members mothers. I will keep you posted on other sightings. Just cant Tweet about it.

lmao!!!

sorry, the whole title of Princess of Wales threw me off.

But what about Moby Dick...oh wait

LOL - c'est banter, just get back to the abuse please, this is no thread for apologies ya rootin' tootin' flag wavin' varmint.

I've just heard that during the wait the US guys have spent the time learning to master using cutlery

hmmmm, I have a feeling these guys are not quite as upset/beaten/concerned as they are being made out to be. A wet rainsuit is annoying, but I'm sure they are dry now and they have new suits. I would bet that they are thinking about it far less than everybody else. We have multiple MAJOR champions on our team. They know how to handle pressure.

I agree Hawk. All I am saying is that they will need to turn this around and they won't turn it around if they just keep on keepin on so to speak. They are pros, they are champions but they certainly are not ahead right now and as early as it is, unless they do the right things they could be in a lotta' trouble. In addition I am saying that I doubt the leadership that will be needed to make it happen will be coming from Pavin at this point. Much of what he has done here looks just plain silly at this point and that is hard to deal with especially for guys as proud as these guys.

He had two years to prepare and was not ready for the first hour of the first day. He was not ready for the first 15 minutes of the first day.

Anyone running out to buy some SunMountain rain gear?

Turns out, in the U.S. we have cougers. In the picture below, bottom left, purple scarf, you will see what the natives consider a "couger". looks more like Master Splinter from the teenage mutant ninja turtles

613x.jpg

No wonder they all look so defeated. Does Wales have any Perkins Restaurants for a man to go relax at?

Time to stop fondling your cousins dudes, we are back on in 40 mins!!

Well before Sun Mountain gets whacked too hard in all this, there stuff is not that bad. I don’t like the way they market it. They market it as waterproof and I would categorize it as water resistant. It simply does not tolerate moisture well enough to deserve a waterproof rating. The way they market it the audience could easily be lead to believe that it is in the same league as Zero Restriction’s tour lite suits or Sunice Hurricane. They are more quiet than Sunice and stretch more than ZR but they are simply not in the same league for moisture resistance. I do have one of their rain jackets but I wear it in situations that are right for it.

Unless Team Pavin provided SM with a set of performance specs and SM simply did not truthfully respond to those performance specs it is tough to lay this one on them. Team Pavin screwed this up and badly and if some of the stuff we have heard in little snippets is true, some team members were trying to forewarn them while there were doing it.

ESPN Coverage starts again at 11:50am East Coast time.

Getting ready to sit down and watch, if for nothing else to see what we're wearing. (Never thought I'd say THAT about a golf tourny)

Looks like we will get some action, they just showed Tiger warming up on the range......

Sunice Hurricane has a lifetime waterproof guarantee. I think you mean the Sunice Typhoon
The way they market it the audience could easily be lead to believe that it is in the same league as Zero Restriction’s tour lite suits or Sunice Hurricane.

I wonder what they purchased. Pavin says they fixed the issue by purchasing new suits.

So maybe they will play for 1 hour, 45 min or maybe 2 hours I guess.

^^^^lmao Hanks!

Back