Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

For those who care... Tiger has his last name on his warmup now, and I think I saw a smile. Good to see.

I'm in!!!

Home internet went down. No clue why. Cell phone it is!

Is it just me or does Martin Kaymer with that white knit hat on look like one of the bad guys in Die Hard 2?

And we are off! I love the heckling of JD has his ball drifted right. Gotta take note for next fall!

pretty solid tee shots for team euro! can't wait for the next few hours of coverage!

You would think they could run this without a billion commercials- but you would be wrong

I didn't expect that team USA would have the two shortest drives.

Looks like some jitters. Phil's got a bit of adrenalin going

It will be interesting to watch the US kids response to the sort of home team cheering they will be subjected to in this format. This always reminds me of first timers at the Davis Cup as they face the same sort of issues.

Hope the rain does not get too heavy and shut down play.

Go USA

this weather sucks! they'll suspend play for sure. horrible welsh weather!

Interesting how much they push the weather envelope in RC. We would have been done and dusted long ago in a tour event. Probably would have not let the first group tee off.

I love how nobody sounds very confident chanting 'Europe, Europe, Europe' it's a bit of a weird thing to be chanting.

Interesting to see how much the push the weather envelope in RC. We would have done and dusted long ago for a tour event. I don't think they would have let the first group tee off.

This is bad weather even by Welsh standards.

It's bad when Graeme is having his line squeegeed so that he can putt. Can't believe they are just letting this go on.

so, the weather is really making my RC experience suck. i am shocked that they are still playing to be honest. it's ridiculous really.

first blood goes to the euros b/c kuch sucked it up. what a great way to start your ryder cup debut with a double.

uggghhhh!

so, the weather is really making my RC experience suck. i am shocked that they are still playing to be honest. it's ridiculous really.

first blood goes to the euros b/c kuch sucked it up. what a great way to start your ryder cup debut with a double.

camera crews can't even spot balls.....terrible.

I wonder who's raingear the US team is wearing. It looks a little like Zero Restriction but I cannot imagine their stuff getting that wet and heavy that quick unless it is some customized Zero Restriction gear. Does not look like Sunice at all. The only one I can think of that would get that wet and heavy that quick would be the Sun Mountain Rainflex as that weave will not hold up to heavy rain. That said if they went to RC with Rainflex gear I would be very surprised as it is simply not designed for heavy rain. I do notice that some of the guys are wearing short sleeves and that makes me suspect that it is Zero Restriction. A number of guys tend to come back from playing over there saying that none of the US made stuff is as water ready as the stuff you can buy over there regardless of technology. Its almost like there is rain and then there is RAIN and they are prepared for the latter.

Can you imagine the nerves going through them right now? hell, Rory went from right front bunker to over the green. Graeme, on the other hand, has at least played this before. Just give them some time, and they will settle down, best they can in this weather, and we should get some...well, interesting golf to say the least.

ooops, DJ/phil down 1 after 2.

my brother is about to tee off.

Awesome golf weather!!!
They just need to add gale force winds and lightning for a really good time!!

So far, Lee playing fairly well considering what he came back from. Can't believe the spin that DJ put on that approach, just to miss the birdie putt.

"The rainsuits aren't up to par" Nice, 'Zinger

Anyone have a theory about why the Americans seem to struggle in fourball?

Back