Where do you play your driver

jdjanda

Reaction score
Handicap
For those with adjustable drivers how do you have it set; open, closed, or neutral?

For those without do you set with the face more open or closed or let the club dictate the face position?

NU, weight back

I have given a little bit of thought to putting the weight to a draw, but on the range when I have messed with my weights my dispersion gets thrown off. My swing now is much better than the last time I tried, so it may be worth a shot again before the season is out.

I will never own another neutral/draw faced driver in my life. Gotta be at least 1* open.

I will never own another neutral/draw faced driver in my life. Gotta be at least 1* open.

Why do you say that? I can understand not playing a draw driver... but nothing neutral either?

Why do you say that? I can understand not playing a draw driver... but nothing neutral either?

Well with my swing I cannot play a fade when its neutral...with an open face I can fade/draw it as much as I like....when I am swinging well of course. Right now I am just trying to hit fairways hehe.

I float between square and 1* open.

I started off 2 deg open and since getting my swing more in order with several lessons have now moved through 1 deg open and now have it NU with the weight to assist a draw.

Quite a change over the summer but when you develop as many small flaws as I had that's going to happen.

With the weight at the back and NU at the moment I tend to hit slightly too big a fade for my liking so the weight just addresses that without going too far. Having been crippled by a hook for months I don't feel comfortable going to a closed face. It's a neat feature to have and has allowed me to play better while still ingraining my swing modifications.

I play mine on neutral and 80 percent of my shots are draw bias. The few that go right are when I do not complete my swing correctly thus more of a push than a slice.

neutral upright

neutral for me. use to have it 1* closed but when i know that it is closed, bad things happen for some reason. i'm a head case.

Sometimes I just don't even look and adjust it. I like the unknown. I also figure since I can't hit it right 50% might as well have some fun. I especially like to adjust it on the course, in the middle of a handicap/tournament round.

But really I play it neutral. I will also adjust it to where it feels a little more flat too. Just depends how I'm hitting it at the range :)

I dont game a adjustable driver,iv never hit one.But i let my swing path and or feet-body set up dictate a draw or fade.If i want to fade i will set up open and swing normal-for a dogleg slice i will set up open and add a over the top swing path,and to draw and dogleg hook i will do the opposite.Most of the time it is slightly open with a lil bit steep swing path.Its what works for me(most of the time anyway,somedays nothing works)but we have all had those long days.

I naturally have a draw so closed wouldn't work. I have tried many settings and neutral seems to work best. When i have tried open a slice creeps in.

I have mine setup at 1.5* open right now. When I first got the driver the standard position with it was neutral upright and I was hitting draws. I flipped it to standard standard and the ball flight was better. I opend the face for more workability and I am pretty happy with it right now.

I used the TM ST at the outing and I left it in the N position. Worked well for me.

I play it 1 degree open.

I have a superfast so no adjustment. I play with it a bit open around 2* if not a little more with the balls a few inches farther forward than the average person. But I always hit it square and Long :)

I've just switched to the Diablo Edge from my 'ol TM r7. I setup the r7 weights for a fade, but the Diablo Edge is neutral face with no weighting.

I use a strong grip on my driver, which naturally closes the face a little bit. On a good swing I get a slight draw.

With a Nike Dymo2 STR8-Fit:
1 degree closed and 1 degree flat lie

I cannot mentally get over an over-closed face, and this is subtle and even when I had it 2* closed it was good for me.

Plus, if I ever rehab my swing, I can set it to neutral (not likely needed).

With a Nike Dymo2 STR8-Fit:
1 degree closed and 1 degree flat lie

I cannot mentally get over an over-closed face, and this is subtle and even when I had it 2* closed it was good for me.

Plus, if I ever rehab my swing, I can set it to neutral (not likely needed).

I have exactly the same setting ATM.

Back