Bridgestone Releases NEW B330 & B330 S Golf Balls

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I have been playing this new B330 and B330-S for the past month or so, I'll give my feedback in a new post but here is the press release announcing this ball.

This is a press release

BRIDGESTONE INCORPORATES MATERIAL INNOVATION IN NEW B330 BALLS FOR LONGER DISTANCE AND SAME GREAT FEEL

New Proprietary Mantle Layer Material Benefits Kuchar in Career Year on PGA TOUR

Covington, GA — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf, is set to unveil the latest versions of its popular B330 series of Tour performance golf balls, featuring a proprietary new material used in the dual mantle construction. Scheduled to hit retailers’ shelves later this Fall, the 2011 version of the TOUR B330 and TOUR B330-S golf balls will offer high swing speed players more distance off the tee and the same great spin and feel that better golfers have become accustomed to with Bridgestone.

TOUR B330 and TOUR B330-S
The 2011 versions of the Bridgestone Golf TOUR B330 and B330-S get a power boost as a result of Bridgestone’s new RD10 resin mantle layers. Bridgestone engineers created RD10 by subdividing the constituent of high repulsion, which increased the material density and resulted in higher initial velocity and an overall softening of the mantle layers.

The new RD10 material is currently in play on the PGA TOUR in the presence of Ryder Cup rookie Matt Kuchar. Kuchar is the first player on the Bridgestone Tour team to benefit from the new RD10 mantle layer material, currently using a TOUR prototype version of the new B330-S that has helped improve his driving distance while maintaining tremendous spin and feel on the greens. In addition, the new DUAL MANTLE design scientifically engineered to promote quicker restoration at impact, results in faster rebound and reduced spin at tour-level swing speeds. By further reducing the spin off of the longer clubs in the bag (driver, fairway metals, hybrids and long irons), the 2011 B330 series provides better wind piercing performance than ever before. In addition, Bridgestone’s modified Gradational Hardness Layering, from the center of the core to the outer mantle allows for the smoothest and most efficient power transition of any Tour ball, ever. This means booming distance and superior accuracy off of longer clubs.

“With the new B330 family of balls we’re letting better players know that it’s OK to be long,” said Dan Murphy, Vice President of Marketing – Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “We’ve heard our high-swing speed customers loud and clear, and the overwhelming majority still want one thing in their golf balls, more distance. According to a recent consumer survey we conducted, golfers are very pleased with our balls’ spin performance around the greens. The thing every golfer wanted was more length. With all the industry spin on the new grooves out there right now, we think it is important that someone let golfers know what is really going to improve their scores – better length and accuracy. Neither of which comes from creating more spin.”

Like their predecessors, the new B330 and B330-S will feature a SOFT Urethane 330-dimple design seamless cover for the ultimate in piercing consistent flight, and tour-level spin and control on the greens. However, for 2011, the Tour B330-S dimple pattern will be redesigned to compensate for its softer cover and compression, and slightly higher driver spin that comes as a result. Bridgestone engineers have created a new shallower 330-dimple pattern with modified dimple spacing designed to reduce up-shoot spin, creating a flatter trajectory and wind performance consistent with that of the B330. In addition, the new dimple pattern fosters a shallower landing angle on tee-shots for more fairway roll.

Optimized for players with swing speeds greater than 105 mph, the 2011 TOUR B330 and TOUR B330-S golf balls feature a street price of $42.99 per dozen (suggested retail price of $56 per dozen) and will be available November 1st at golf specialty stores and green grass retailers nationwide.

For more information on the entire Bridgestone Golf ball line and how to determine which ball is right for your game, visit www.bridgestonegolf.com or attend a Bridgestone Golf ball-fitting in your area. The upcoming Bridgestone Golf ball-fitting schedule can be accessed at www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/fitting. If you cannot get out to a ball-fitting, chat live with one of our expert ball-fitting technicians via Bridgestone’s free B-FIT service by visiting www.bridgestonegolf.com, or by calling 1-877-411-BFIT.

B330-Sdozen1.jpg

TOURB330dozen1.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I was contacted by JB about the possibility of playing a new ball...if you have read any of my recent posts about the B330-S I've been fit for and have been playing all summer you know I am completely in love with these. I was a little skeptical at first, I said yeah I like the idea but really how can you possibly improve on this already great ball I'm using? I'm assured the ball is as great as always but now longer, in fact robot swing tests showed an addition of up to 7 yards with the new ball, so I say sure I'll play along. The ball comes and it feels pretty much exactly like the same ball I've always loved so I'm happy, then everything changes. I took the B330-S to my course waiting to see if I would notice this 7 yard gain in distance and I was completely blown away when the 7 yard addition in length turned out to be more like 10 to 15 yards longer. I've played most of my golf on the same golf course for most of the last 8 years and there are just certain shots I know I can't hit, like cutting the corner on our 2nd hole par 5, or driving over the fairway bunker on our 9th hole. I'm not trying to sound too much like an infomercial here but playing this ball has changed the way I play my home course. I am completely blown away and have been just dying to tell you all about this ball since I started using it about a month ago! How can an already great golf ball get better? Simple, fly further while keeping the same awesome feel and durability that I've already fallen in love with.

Thanks Bridgestone, you've once again outdone yourselves!!

We will have some pretty cool news regarding this new line coming up soon.

can't wait to hear the news JB. I loved playing the bridgestone balls at the outing.

Imagine my surprise when I was contacted by JB about the possibility of playing a new ball...if you have read any of my recent posts about the B330-S I've been fit for and have been playing all summer you know I am completely in love with these. I was a little skeptical at first, I said yeah I like the idea but really how can you possibly improve on this already great ball I'm using? I'm assured the ball is as great as always but now longer, in fact robot swing tests showed an addition of up to 7 yards with the new ball, so I say sure I'll play along. The ball comes and it feels pretty much exactly like the same ball I've always loved so I'm happy, then everything changes. I took the B330-S to my course waiting to see if I would notice this 7 yard gain in distance and I was completely blown away when the 7 yard addition in length turned out to be more like 10 to 15 yards longer. I've played most of my golf on the same golf course for most of the last 8 years and there are just certain shots I know I can't hit, like cutting the corner on our 2nd hole par 5, or driving over the fairway bunker on our 9th hole. I'm not trying to sound too much like an infomercial here but playing this ball has changed the way I play my home course. I am completely blown away and have been just dying to tell you all about this ball since I started using it about a month ago! How can an already great golf ball get better? Simple, fly further while keeping the same awesome feel and durability that I've already fallen in love with.

Thanks Bridgestone, you've once again outdone yourselves!!

Were you gaming these at WPB?

Were you gaming these at WPB?
No, I was faced with a tough decision there. I went with the RX and RXS ball they provided because I had never played them before and was told by BFit that the RX may be longer since I'd be able to compress it more. I did have these new B330's in my bag though.

I got news from a friend on the Tar Heel Tour that has switched to these and was getting considerably more distance off the tee than his previous golf ball. They are not for everybody, but those that can compress them, should be excited about this new offering. THe best part of that is, those that cannot compress it, can also get the best of both worlds with the RX & RXS

I got news from a friend on the Tar Heel Tour that has switched to these and was getting considerably more distance off the tee than his previous golf ball. They are not for everybody, but those that can compress them, should be excited about this new offering. THe best part of that is, those that cannot compress it, can also get the best of both worlds with the RX & RXS
Well said JB, that is exactly what I love about playing the Bridgestone family of balls. One other nice little perk about going to the outing and getting on the launch monitor was that I found my swing speed while warmed up and on an outdoor driving range was about 10 mph more than I was measured at previously. So the B330 or the B330-S is an absolute perfect fit for my game.

While these are more ball than i can game, it is a testiment to their R&D that they make make a great ball even better.

P4B,
Do you mind sharing what your driver swing speed is? I'm guessing from the shaft that you play in your driver that yours is a bit above mine (102-104 mph), but I'm pretty intrigued by the new B330-S ball. I haven't played the B330-S since 2007 or so, but I remembered that while I loved the short-game spin, the distance left a little to be desired and didn't do well off the driver into the wind. So I'm guessing that the ball has gotten better since then, and the lower spin off of the longer clubs would be good for me. I just wanted to know your swing speed to get a sense in relation to me, since you've had so much success with it.

P4B,
Do you mind sharing what your driver swing speed is? I'm guessing from the shaft that you play in your driver that yours is a bit above mine (102-104 mph), but I'm pretty intrigued by the new B330-S ball. I haven't played the B330-S since 2007 or so, but I remembered that while I loved the short-game spin, the distance left a little to be desired and didn't do well off the driver into the wind. So I'm guessing that the ball has gotten better since then, and the lower spin off of the longer clubs would be good for me. I just wanted to know your swing speed to get a sense in relation to me, since you've had so much success with it.

Your SS is closer to mine and I found the reason that the ball struggled off teh driver for us is that it is not made for golfers like us. It is made for SS faster than 105. If you liked the other aspects of the ball, the RX & RXS both are similar but can be fully compressed by a slower SS.

Have you gone through B-Fit? Quick and easy and very informational.

I think this last year has just been the best year for golf balls ever. I've been blown away by the B330 family and hate that it took me so long to go to their ball fitting but I will say between the B330 RX and the Taylormade Penta (which is an awesome ball as well), I can't believe how hard it has been to decide which ball I want to play. My scores have dropped this year and those two balls have done alot to help that I'm sure.

P4B,
I was swinging 106 when I was first fit for the B330-S, that is why I was also told to try the RX. Then at the outing I had some swings measured around 110 to 115 when swinging a normal good rhythm driver.

Your SS is closer to mine and I found the reason that the ball struggled off teh driver for us is that it is not made for golfers like us. It is made for SS faster than 105. If you liked the other aspects of the ball, the RX & RXS both are similar but can be fully compressed by a slower SS.

Have you gone through B-Fit? Quick and easy and very informational.

I went through B-fit a couple of weeks ago. I just haven't been wowed by the RX-S ball, so when I was talking to the Bridgestone guy online, he told me to think about the B330-S ball as well as he had fit some guys into that ball on the lower end of swing speeds for that ball. Of course, at that time they recommended it for guys 103 mph and above, so I'm not sure how big a 2 mph difference makes now that they're saying it's for >105 mph. I've got a bunch of Penta balls right now to go through, so I might not be looking at another ball until next season anyways.

Can't wait to grab some of these. I started playing the B330-S this year and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's a great ball and it sounds like it's only getting better!

I know you've been playing these for a while P4B and you've always been amazed at what this ball has been able to do for you. Can't wait for you to share with the rest of the group!

Great job again Bridgestone!!!!! I am in love with the RXS now :in-love:.. All I need is a pretty blue Bridgestone cap and I'm another walking billboard :D

Interesting.I've loved the B330 since the first day.My supply of the 08 version is running very low.I personally didn't care for the 2010 version.This new one sounds good

I wish I new how much different the new model was from the "old". Sometimes I wonder if the "new" is really that much different at all or is just marketing hype. A lot like golf clubs. Or, like a refresh of an automobile (same engine, chassis, etc., just a different look).

It would be interesting if you could take two of three iterations of the same model, white out any logos, put the golf balls through the paces and see which one came out on top...if any.

I wish I new how much different the new model was from the "old". Sometimes I wonder if the "new" is really that much different at all or is just marketing hype. A lot like golf clubs. Or, like a refresh of an automobile (same engine, chassis, etc., just a different look).

It would be interesting if you could take two of three iterations of the same model, white out any logos, put the golf balls through the paces and see which one came out on top...if any.

Im curious what is stopping you from doing so? hehe

From what we are hearing from two VERY good testers, the distance is the biggest factor.

Sean,

The truth of the matter is that the ball is mainly different in that it is longer. Why would we want to make a ball that is loved by so many people very different. That is a great way to alienate current customers. Change just for the sake of change is never a good idea in golf ball marketing. Just ask the market leader.

JB, this ball sounds like it has some of the same properties of the new Nike ball with the "resin" technology, is that true?

JB, this ball sounds like it has some of the same properties of the new Nike ball with the "resin" technology, is that true?

I cant answer that. Sorry. But the balls are not the same. ( i know you did not imply that) In fact made in very different places now.

Back