2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

That's awesome! Blue Monster looks like a fun place to loose a dozen balls!

Played their on a few occasions and it is a great course. Timing plays a role with the FL swing with Doral (and others) as well as price. Planning a THP event is not the same as planning just a group outing. There is a lot more to it. I know Danilo did not say that or insinuate anything, but I just figured I would explain the other side of it here.

Being a media outlet there is more to it than just booking tee times and scheduling a banquet dinner. Private ranges, unlimited range balls, banquet dinner, multiple rounds, hotel rooms with group rates being paid for by 2 individuals (roomate), all of this setup with no payment (being as though that comes from participants). Guarantees if people dont book, etc...

I am in no way complaining, so please do not take it that way. Just that some see deals, and figure its the same and it really isnt. We wish it was that easy. We saw that when we posted rates from the last one. We will be very careful to lay out ALL the fine print this time so people see what the trip entails.

Again, no complaints, just want people to see it from the other side. TC is seeing it now as well and we thank him SO MUCH for his assistance in this.

One more thing to add. We want to get the initial announcement made very early so people will have a full 6 months to work on things. Plus it gives us more time to announce things that go along with the outing.

One more thing to add. We want to get the initial announcement made very early so people will have a full 6 months to work on things. Plus it gives us more time to announce things that go along with the outing.

I can definitely appreciate this. Thank you.

the more i've been thinking about this the more it just makes sense to have one resort be our annual host. pga national really did a wonderful job and they want us back. we'll continue to explore options but imo, there's nothing wrong with having a regular stop. i also like the idea of getting a chance to get familiar with the courses, see how differently i can play them in a plethora of conditions.

You may be right TC. I know you are busy exploring options like we are and will weigh them all out when we have everything together.

You may be right TC. I know you are busy exploring options like we are and will weigh them all out when we have everything together.

well, i have a few that i expect to get back in touch with or hear from next week, but after seeing just a couple of initial prices, PGA National may be tough to beat. i have hope and i have a good feeling about one place in particular, and can't wait to hear from them. it sure is fun trying to figure it all out, i will say that much.

I like the idea of the sam eplace each year as a regular stop for THP Outings. It certainly eliminates the time-consuming effort it takes to plan such an event for sure. And from all I have read and seen about the last outing the service, courses and activities were top notch. My only concern would be the shipping of all the equipment there could be cumbersome. How did that work logisticaly this last time?

I like the idea of the sam eplace each year as a regular stop for THP Outings. It certainly eliminates the time-consuming effort it takes to plan such an event for sure. And from all I have read and seen about the last outing the service, courses and activities were top notch. My only concern would be the shipping of all the equipment there could be cumbersome. How did that work logisticaly this last time?

Almost all of it was shipped to GG and I and we brought it over in 2 cars.

Ok, here's my thoughts: I think the event should be held every year and we should try a different place if possible every time. I think the best months are April/May and then September. We should definately be at a stay and play resort whenever possible and I vote for Ponte Vedra (Jacksonville) next or somewhere in Orlando. I like the idea of 3 days of golf if possible (Fri-Sun). I thought the dinner was perfect and I liked the contests and prizes (even though I didn't win anything). I will try to attend all future outings as long as I have enough notice. And lastly, my favorite part of the whole event was playing those superior golf courses and relaxing at night at that beautiful facility with all you nice golfers out there. Can't wait till the next one.........

Ok, here's my thoughts: I think the event should be held every year and we should try a different place if possible every time. I think the best months are April/May and then September. We should definately be at a stay and play resort whenever possible and I vote for Ponte Vedra (Jacksonville) next or somewhere in Orlando. I like the idea of 3 days of golf if possible (Fri-Sun). I thought the dinner was perfect and I liked the contests and prizes (even though I didn't win anything). I will try to attend all future outings as long as I have enough notice. And lastly, my favorite part of the whole event was playing those superior golf courses and relaxing at night at that beautiful facility with all you nice golfers out there. Can't wait till the next one.........

And when ya win the lotto. you could come pic me up in your new Citiation X.:bashful:

i've been on the phone and emailing a couple of resorts all morning. finally got a quote back from one i've been waiting on, and while it's pretty good, i think i can get it much better for everyone. i want this one in particular to happen in a bad, bad way and the guy i'm working with there has been awesome!

i must admit, having been working on this, i have this unbelievable desire to get a place locked down so we can announce and start getting pumped up again!

just wanted to let you guys know that we're working hard on this!!!!

Thanks TC, glad you're on our side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TC, glad you're on our side

TC is a man of the people!

Can't wait to hear what the destination will be

I want to give another shout out to Forum Leader Extraordinaire TC. He is working so hard on this and deserves so much of the credit when it comes to be. We have a rather long list of great destinations through the state of FL for this outing, and he has helped with the burden of taking a handful of these off of us and worked with us to find the PERFECT destination for our next outing.

Once we have proposals from every resort, a group of us will get together and determine where the next outing will be.

And I have to say it again. Its amazing working with some of these resorts and seeing what they are offering and then looking back at PGA National and seeing how they BROUGHT IT for our last outing in terms of price for people.

I want to give another shout out to Forum Leader Extraordinaire TC. .

I dunno if that would all fit above his picture. Maybe you could stack the titles on top of each other: Forum Leader, Travel Agent, Man of the People, Amish Golf Professional. :D

I dunno if that would all fit above his picture. Maybe you could stack the titles on top of each other: Forum Leader, Travel Agent, Man of the People, Amish Golf Professional. :D

i love it: Amish Golf Professional

Great job to all! JB, GG, and TC are working their arse off to pick us a fun and exciting place for our next trip. We appreciate all of you for the dedication and determination to find us a first class resort to serve your members. WPB set the standard and THAT will be hard to beat.

Good to hear that you got your nose to the grindstone, TC. I'm glad that you guys are moving forward with the quickness on this so people can plan waaaay ahead. As many on here, I cannot wait to hear the news.

FLETC, huh? Can anyone come up with something that starts with an H so we can just call him FLETCH?

TC has to be exhausted after today. HAHAH

TC has to be exhausted after today. HAHAH

I'm hanging in there. Just eager to get some responses.

Lol @ fletc spank!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

well, we have another player in the fold! i had an awesome discussion with a resort yesterday afternoon and finally i feel as though i spoke with someone who "gets" what THP can bring! can't wait to hear back from this place, it's a GOOD ONE!

sweet! Good news big bro. Keep up the good work!

did you have to use the Outside Voice of TC to get your points across haha
well, we have another player in the fold! i had an awesome discussion with a resort yesterday afternoon and finally i feel as though i spoke with someone who "gets" what THP can bring! can't wait to hear back from this place, it's a GOOD ONE!

This is good news as competition is always healthy and I think someone competing with PGA National is going to have to really step it up.

This is good news as competition is always healthy and I think someone competing with PGA National is going to have to really step it up.

I fully agree with this. PGA brought some things that can easily be forgotten or taken for granted such as very quick service in almost everything. Heck, even the elevators were to you in a hurry. All the options for driving ranges and putting greens and great customer service through out the resort, including the pro-shop.

Back