2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

one thing that slipped my mind, but would be nice...
If the location has a variety of food... I was kinda bored by the repetitive menu... I really enjoy food, and while the food was good this past weekend, the menu was the same everywhere!!

Good point Danilo!

+1 guys! Food was awesome, but different restaurants should have different menus.

You guys are clearly working very very hard on this. It is appreciated by all. IF a place like PGA National(or elsewhere) gives us more bang for our buck, lets do it! I can't wait to get to the next outing

Thanks WR. We are going to weigh all the options and pick a place that offers best bang for your buck for everybody. The good news, is that we know PGA National LOVED having each and every person there and definitely wants our group back again. THey said that avid golfers showed respect of the courses. That is a great thing to hear.

We also know that many want variety and to see other courses and resorts. For that we are working on other options. We hope that wherever we decide to host it, that people do realize that we are working (GG, myself, & TC) to find the best possible venue, at the best possible price for what we are trying to do.

Thanks to the awesome THP staff! I'm sure wherever we end up, the experience will be great. I too am really looking forward to it!

Great thing about PGA National is that there are two courses we didn't "Officially" play out there. Of course, I'd like to get my revenge on the Champ.

Great thing about PGA National is that there are two courses we didn't "Officially" play out there. Of course, I'd like to get my revenge on the Champ.

I played all 4 and the other 2 are no walk in the park either!!

Last edited:

As one of the people fortunate enough to play all four course, I can say all are beautiful, but hard! It was a very challenging weekend golf-wise, but was still a blast for me. The experience was awesome!

Having played 3 of the 4 courses available at PGA National, I was extremely impressed. It was quite a challenge for me. The best thing about it (whether the outing is in Spring or in Fall) is that I have a lot of time to get better before the next outing. Although it might be a little bit more difficult if it is a Spring outing just in the fact that the weather won't be getting decent here until then which really limits time to practice/play. But it will all be worth going back again! :smile:

As one of the people fortunate enough to play all four course, I can say all are beautiful, but hard! It was a very challenging weekend golf-wise, but was still a blast for me. The experience was awesome!

I have little doubt that you will have an easier time next year, 9i. It will be cool to see your progress!

I only played 2 courses, would like to play at least 1 more.

I have little doubt that you will have an easier time next year, 9i. It will be cool to see your progress!

JB gave me a prediction: By next outing, I'll be breaking 100. So that is my goal, it may be a bit difficult to do with a Spring Outing, but I'll try to get as much practice in as possible. In door driving ranges here I come!

JB gave me a prediction: By next outing, I'll be breaking 100. So that is my goal, it may be a bit difficult to do with a Spring Outing, but I'll try to get as much practice in as possible. In door driving ranges here I come!

Oh yeah. I think you will be there with some practice. Soon as we fixed your chipping, you were carving up the short game.

Oh yeah. I think you will be there with some practice. Soon as we fixed your chipping, you were carving up the short game.

Next step, everything else!! :D (Minus the putting)

Thanks again for the tip!

After spending the morning here with my jaw hitting the floor at every turn, may I suggest World Golf Village?

After spending the morning here with my jaw hitting the floor at every turn, may I suggest World Golf Village?

Its on our list. Cost is a bit high for participants in an outing setting and they have certain rules and criteria that dont work so well with what we do. However it is on the list and we should know more soon. Having played those courses, they CAN be quite nice at times.

I honestly thought the Squire from the blues was tougher than the Palmer... And, by the numbers, it was tougher than the champion from the blues too.

I honestly thought the Squire from the blues was tougher than the Palmer... And, by the numbers, it was tougher than the champion from the blues too.

Really? I liked the Squire a lot. Thought it was a fun course, but I also shot 80 there and that was my best score of the weekend. I found the other two more challenging because of the approach shots.

I thought the rough on the Champion was more difficult.

Really? I liked the Squire a lot. Thought it was a fun course, but I also shot 80 there and that was my best score of the weekend. I found the other two more challenging because of the approach shots.

I shot my best round on the Squire too. I thought the rough and around the greenside was tougher on the squire vs the Palmer. Just more trouble to get into. I really got punished with errant drives and struggled with my short game. I can see how the approach shots on the Palmer were more difficult too.

The hardest rough was by far the haig. That thing was tough, but I don't remember a ton about the course... It was soooo long ago!

While I don't think it was harder than the champ it's Rating/slope say that it is.

I shot my best round on the Squire too. I thought the rough and around the greenside was tougher on the squire vs the Palmer. Just more trouble to get into. I really got punished with errant drives and struggled with my short game. I can see how the approach shots on the Palmer were more difficult too.

The hardest rough was by far the haig. That thing was tough, but I don't remember a ton about the course... It was soooo long ago!

While I don't think it was harder than the champ it's Rating/slope say that it is.

Agree 100% That stuff was terrible!!

how would everyone feel about an itinerary that looked something like this:

friday: all day demo
saturday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
sunday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
monday: (for those who wish to stay an extra day) ryder cup format!!! we'll draw teams, evening them out as much as possible based on hcp. if enough are interested JB's trying to secure an official shirt sponsor for each team, and the winning team wins some shwag!!!!!

thoughts?

how would everyone feel about an itinerary that looked something like this:

friday: all day demo
saturday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
sunday: am golf w/option for afternoon replay (at own expense) or chill or do whatever
monday: (for those who wish to stay an extra day) ryder cup format!!! we'll draw teams, evening them out as much as possible based on hcp. if enough are interested JB's trying to secure an official shirt sponsor for each team, and the winning team wins some shwag!!!!!

thoughts?

Ryder Cup Idea would be interesting. I do like the idea of Demo Day being its own day. I did like the Putter Demo being before Sunday's round

Sounds good to me TC!

Back