Adams Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Fall Golf Outing has concluded and one of the many features of the THP Golf Outings is a rather large demo day with more equipment than you could ever imagine for all of the people to try out. We provided notebooks, pens, and gear and ask that people give their thoughts on the equipment that they tried.

This thread will be devoted for the Adams Golf equipment that was out there.

SuperBlack Hybird
Idea V3 Hybrid
9064LS Speedline Driver
Adams CB2 Irons

This is the list and we look forward to hearing everybody's thoughts that got to experience this incredible day of demoing equipment.

I spent some time hitting the Adams CB2 irons. I thought they were the best feeling irons I hit all day. I was very surprised when I took swings with this club. I thought the SuperBlack was a great club 2, but I would not trade it for my A7, just personal preference there.

I spent some time with the Adams stuff and even added the V3 hybrid to the bag for both rounds. My thoughts:

SuperBlack Hybird -I have this club at home and I still like it
Idea V3 Hybrid - Very easy to hit, good distance and looks great. Enjoyed using this during my rounds
9064LS Speedline Driver - its ok but it was a 10.5 and thats too much loft in that wind for me to get a good idea
Adams CB2 Irons - I took a few swings with the 7 irons I think, felt a bit harsh and I found it hard to hit well

I am prob in the minority here but I did not care for the Superblack at all.

JB, can I assume that anything that was there but not on the list above should not be talked about in these threads, even in generalities?

• Admin
JB, can I assume that anything that was there but not on the list above should not be talked about in these threads, even in generalities?

For the most part yes. We will start adding more and more threads over the next few days as we get permission to do so.

Hit the Speedline and it just wasn't for me. The CB2's I hit as well and when you hit it right it's great but it was hard on mishits. I love the shafts on them but that's because the KBS 90's were fit for me.

OEM, i'm curious, how did the V3 stack up compared to the superblack hybrid (well, anyone who hit both can happily chime in too)

OEM, i'm curious, how did the V3 stack up compared to the superblack hybrid (well, anyone who hit both can happily chime in too)

Very well. I think it's actually easier to hit. I hit both at the demo day and the V3 just seemed a tad easier to hit. So that's why I took it on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well. I think it's actually easier to hit. I hit both at the demo day and the V3 just seemed a tad easier to hit. So that's why I took it on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me more about the V3 OEM, or anyone else that hit it? We have talked before about hybrids and this seems like it might fit what we talked about.

Can you tell me more about the V3 OEM, or anyone else that hit it? We have talked before about hybrids and this seems like it might fit what we talked about.

did anyone else hit the V3 compared to the superblack? i'm as curious as RW on this one.

did anyone else hit the V3 compared to the superblack? i'm as curious as RW on this one.

I did hit it and liked it quite a bit. Neither compare to the a7 for me but I also found the a7 to be one of the best out there. I love the nice high trajectory out of the new V3 and really thought that the forgiveness shined through. My miss with a hybrid is high up on the club face from getting it a groove or two heavy and with this one the ball just flies off the face even hitting it heavy.

I did hit it and liked it quite a bit. Neither compare to the a7 for me but I also found the a7 to be one of the best out there. I love the nice high trajectory out of the new V3 and really thought that the forgiveness shined through. My miss with a hybrid is high up on the club face from getting it a groove or two heavy and with this one the ball just flies off the face even hitting it heavy.

so you preferred the V3 over the superblack?

I agree with JB, I think the V3 was better then the Super Hybrid. It was just really easy to hit well. Where the Super Hyrbid is less forgiving on mishits the V3 is very forgiving and seems to just get up in the air with ease. I think the face seemed very lively too, ball popped off of it. And the yet to be released secret hybrid was by far better then both of the Adams.

Thanks for the reply guys...but OEM your killin me...haha...now i have ta wait for the new secret release to come out.

Thanks for the reply guys...but OEM your killin me...haha...now i have ta wait for the new secret release to come out.

I think EVERYONE who hit the secret hybrid would agree, its worth waiting for. I'll be adding one to my bag and maybe even two.

I think EVERYONE who hit the secret hybrid would agree, its worth waiting for. I'll be adding one to my bag and maybe even two.

+1 that hybrid was sweet

I struggled a bit withthe Super Black but stil found it to be a nice club. you could really feel the power behind it

SuperBlack Hybird- best looking hybrid in the demo, best overall hybrid? No, I can't say yes. There was one there better, just one though.
9064LS Speedline Driver- what a pleasant surprise! I probably wouldn't have ever thought I'd be loving an Adams driver but the Speedline is legit!!
Adams CB2 Irons- GORGEOUS! I love love love these irons!! The look and feel were top notch!

Im with OEM on this one. I prefer the V3 over the SuperBlack.

I am not a superblack fan, but I stated that ealier. Its missing something to me

I am prob in the minority here but I did not care for the Superblack at all.

You're not in the minority. I didn't like it either. In fact, overall the manufacturer that dissapointed me the most with the gear I tried was the Adams line. I found both hybrids too hard on feel and not easy for me to control/hit.

hmm, sounds like adams may have a serious winner with the V3. i've demo'd the superblack before and quite liked it. i think it's one of the better looking hybrids out there but from what i saw and heard from others, the V3 really brought it. i'm also a huge fan of the CB2's, as far as the look and the fact that they have KBS shafts in them. i'd love to hear some more feedback on those irons if you hit them.

Dunno if I am supposed to contribute being I wasn't at PGA but I recently had a chance to hit the CB2's and they were an amazing iron. The feel was immaculate and the distance was ridiculous. I've actually considered putting a set of these in the bag.

Back