What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have you as a scramble partner, Kelly.

Hawk - I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing that round of golf with you! You are one cool guy who is just great to be around! I loved seeing the excitement you had as we arrived in the shuttle at the PGA. You are one of those people who just light up a room!

I would love to have you as a scramble partner, Kelly.

Thanks Gus but it was a team effort. Our team made some really great putts...everyone contributed, even the 46 handicapper made a 15 foot putt for us. It was amazing how well everyone came through when we needed them. Don't forget to head down to GA on your next vacation! We would absolutely love for you to come join us for our next outing!

Well played- especially when you consider the handicaps of the other people you were playing with. Something tells me they used your drives and approaches a fair amount.

My play throughout the outing was simply horrindous. I can understand Saturdays round after the demo day, I had very little left to give, lol. I legs were like lead after what seemed like 2000 balls at the range, but I played similar in Orlando and Saturday at the Palmer. My swing was nothing more than arms and chest. I do this everytime a get with a new group, guess I'm just trying to steer the ball.

Pretty disapointing when I play the home course around 80 and go to a nice course and shoot a 109, lmao. I expect a higher score, but gee.

DooDue -- Dude I love your Avatar! I will have to "ditto" everthing you said above. I really had a great time with my playing partners and the courses were soooooo fricking pretty. With that said my golf game was on the sucky side of life :bad:.. I have to fess up that I shot a crowd pleasing 103 Saturday at PGA National & 95 Sunday at the Palmer. I actually liked the Palmer better as the condition of the course, traps, and every other thing about it was good. It wasn't nerves, the folks I were playing with had a calming effect on me. Everyone was just easy to get along with and I personally never felt like I was put under microscope. Andy could have stepped in and said "ol gray" get your piece of sh*t swing plane more upright or something but instead, he was always very encouraging on good and bad shots. I love that dude! I told him we would have to talk later about golf issues as I did not want to take anything away from his enjoyment. RxGus on Sunday,, heck we were too busy laughing to worry about scoring well so there. I found out you can go to an outing and have fun regardless of your ball striking skill for that particular weekend etc. Years back I would have had a pity party. Life is too short :eek:)....

Last edited:
Well, wasn't actually today, but since i just arrived at the forums i will post anyway.

Played my first tournament (stableford, not stroke play) ever last week (for the fun of it) and had a horrible round. Felt like nothing worked but managed to get myself 34 points after a good last 9 holes.
My shot of the day was the last 150yards to green on hole 13. Played a 7 iron and this was the result. Par 4 hole and this shot gave me a nice birdie.
007.jpg

So easy in theory, but as soon as i leave the range and enter the course it goes all down hill ;)

Great shot there Flix! Birdies always taste good huh? :hungry:

oh yes they sure do!! :egyptian:

and ty!

shot a 50-40 90. Front was ok besides 2 blowup holes that included a 4 and 3 putt. made me question the putter purchase, but of course this is the first round with it. Only had 14 putts on the back though, and I had a lot more confidence on those birdie putts, even though I didn't make any. This putter seems to help me keep my hands forward, giving me better feel, and the weight causes me to not waver in the backswing, minimizing pushes and pulls. I definitely look forward to practicing with it more to use it to it's fullest potential.

Shot an 85. Best round all year so far. It's always easier when you play the same ball the whole day.

Shot an 85. Best round all year so far. It's always easier when you play the same ball the whole day.

Great round BB! I especially like the part of playing with one ball all day. I know a few of us can not claim this feat who were playing at WPB :banghead:....

Shot an 82 (40, 42) this morning. Driver was working perfectly while irons and putting were still letting me down. Went and tested a few new iron sets a few days ago and may be making a change and getting custom fitted here soon.

Shot 84 today. Lots of pars, 1 birdie, and others. Errrrrr. Golf can be so frustrating. (But fun)

Shot an 85 today from the red tees. I swore I was going to rest today but my son is here from Vegas and it was my first chance to play with him. We had a good time but I sure wasn't striking the ball very well. Luckily I was chipping pretty good today. My body is saying REST REST REST but I guess I'm just too addicted. Darn game has a hold on me.

Shot an 85 today from the red tees. I swore I was going to rest today but my son is here from Vegas and it was my first chance to play with him. We had a good time but I sure wasn't striking the ball very well. Luckily I was chipping pretty good today. My body is saying REST REST REST but I guess I'm just too addicted. Darn game has a hold on me.
Good score KB! I'm actually dying to get out but it's been raining here the last 2 days so I'm stuck inside. :sad:

Great round BB! I especially like the part of playing with one ball all day. I know a few of us can not claim this feat who were playing at WPB :banghead:....

Thanks. Maybe if i keep playing well enough to only use 1 or 2 balls per round I will start paying more than $15 a dozen for them :)

Breaking 80.

Breaking 80.

I have FINALLY done it. After about 1.5 years of golfing, I have broken one of the last scoring barriers!
The crazy thing is that I didn't have a driver (the face cracked I sent it back to TaylorMade), and I don't own any fairway woods... So, I teed off on every hole with a 3i or less.

Willow Springs Golf Course
6979 yds

4 birdies
5 pars
7 bogeys
2 doubles

I went 5 over through the first 5 holes... then 3 under on the remaining 4 holes through the front 9. Craziest stretch of good shots I've ever had.

Scorecard

It was so relieving to tap in the bogey to finish the round. Now... to figure out a way to stay under 80... WOO!!!!

congrats dtak!!!!!! great score esp considering you haven't played for long AND you played with no driver or fairway woods!

Great job dtak. Congrats on the 79!

damn, thats is well played! gratz!!

dtak!!!!!! Nice round.

I am still trying for that goal as well. Best I have done is an 80.

Shot a 78 (39,39) today with only 1 birdie on #1. Hit the ball really good off the tee. Made all the difference! I really have to improve my long putting. That's my next goal!

Last edited:
Dang, KB. You are going to be a 7-10 hcp by November at this rate!

Blasted out an 85 today, I think about half of those shots were from greenside bunkers...I guess my irons read THP too since I was blabbering about falling in love with Mizzy JPX's earlier. The Slingshots got their revenge and I and couldn't hit a green from more than 100 yds. But I hit every fairway today except 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back