Putter Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

Hey folks,
Again so glad you liked the putters from West Coast Putter Co. There were four models displayed for testing; The Proto (Anser style blade), The mmmMallet (mid-weight mallet, raw finish), The Macro-Blade (the big heavy monster) and lastly The Piccolina (heel-shafted Mickleson style blade). Both The Proto and Piccolina are classic blade styles that I was hoping would appeal to most people who appreciate a classic look to their flat sticks. The mmmMallet is an average sized mallet with perfect face balance and promotes a smooth pendulum swing. The Macro-Blade combines a heavier head weight in a classic short-hosel blade shape which works with any swing type to slow down swing tempo and make more putts.
Our main goal here is to make a putter anyone can use in any playing conditions regardless of where in the world golf is played. We combine the softest Carbon Steel construction with swappable inserts and moveable weights so you can have the PERFECT putter everyday you play.
Thanks to everyone for their feedback and another CONGRATS to THP Member bulldog for sinking the monster putt and becoming our first contest winner! Thanks also to JB and GG for being such good friends to West Coast Putter Co. Maybe next year we can arrange a custom fitting with me on the last day of the Fall Outing (hint, hint).

Marco@West Coast Putter Co.; Vancouver, BC

^^^so awesome of you to sponsor the contest. trust me, it wasn't an easy putt, and it was even harder having to do it right handed. i loved the Piccolina myself, and rolled it quite a bit, but i am a bit of a heel shafted fan myself. your participation in the outing was fantastic and i speak for all of us when i say thank you!

I think there are a few that fell head over heels for the previously reviewed Zen Prototype from WCP.

I second everything FLTC just said. I think everyone enjoyed the contest and thanks for sponsoring it. I also liked the Piccolina even though it didnt win the contest for me it had nice feel.

I'd like a little more with the macro-blade. At first, it seemed pretty crazy, but it has a very crisp feel to it.

West Coast Putter, thanks so much for sponsoring that awesome contest. I wish you could have been there to hear the yells!!! It was truly memorable. M favorite was The Piccolina as well. As you can see I am a heal shafted putter person

Thanks guys. The Piccolina is my favourite too, I dropped a 45 footer for eagle this past weekend with it. The Macro-Blade was an inspiration watching old video of Arnie and The Bear putting; so much wrist action back then I had to come up with a design you simply couldn't swing using your wrists. This club simply won't let you cheat with your swing. The mmmMallet was inspired by Cameron's Square Back putter, just softer looking and feeling.
Everything is currently manufactured using 1081 Carbon Steel for the best feel possible although we're beginning testing with various stainless steel compounds to develop a more affordable system for everyone.
Keep the feedback coming, we take EVERY suggestion, compliment and complaint very seriously. Who knows maybe THP Forum Members' suggestions will turn up in future iterations of our products.

Thanks guys. The Piccolina is my favourite too, I dropped a 45 footer for eagle this past weekend with it. The Macro-Blade was an inspiration watching old video of Arnie and The Bear putting; so much wrist action back then I had to come up with a design you simply couldn't swing using your wrists. This club simply won't let you cheat with your swing. The mmmMallet was inspired by Cameron's Square Back putter, just softer looking and feeling.
Everything is currently manufactured using 1081 Carbon Steel for the best feel possible although we're beginning testing with various stainless steel compounds to develop a more affordable system for everyone.
Keep the feedback coming, we take EVERY suggestion, compliment and complaint very seriously. Who knows maybe THP Forum Members' suggestions will turn up in future iterations of our products.

I didn't even get to go to the outing or roll one but I want one from the way everyone is talking!

Awesome to have you on THP!

I think there are a few that fell head over heels for the previously reviewed Zen Prototype from WCP.
I know I was! I was probably hogging it but I just could not get over this thing!

I know I was! I was probably hogging it but I just could not get over this thing!

so selfish! i honestly rolled only it and the heel shafted one. i prefered the heel shafted model but i am also biased towards them. how about a LH version called "FLTC" i'd be on it? haha, OEM may buy one too!

so selfish! i honestly rolled only it and the heel shafted one. i prefered the heel shafted model but i am also biased towards them. how about a LH version called "FLTC" i'd be on it? haha, OEM may buy one too!

I actually have a couple of the original Proto putters in lefty (Limited to ONLY 5 made). The Piccolina, not yet. Once we're out of the prototyping phase you'll see all our models in right and left hand designs.

I actually have a couple of the original Proto putters in lefty (Limited to ONLY 5 made). The Piccolina, not yet. Once we're out of the prototyping phase you'll see all our models in right and left hand designs.

that's encouraging to hear. i hate it when i like a putter to find out that it's "RH ONLY". so who tests those LH protos you got over there?

*crosses fingers*

I was voted to make the first contest putt, :banghead: showing everone a line, haha. I loved your Piccolina and first put was 10 feet. That thing is just sweet. Thanks for supporting THP and allowing us Hackers to play with such quality toys.

I was voted to make the first contest putt, :banghead: showing everone a line, haha. I loved your Piccolina and first put was 10 feet. That thing is just sweet. Thanks for supporting THP and allowing us Hackers to play with such quality toys.

sorry duey, i just kind of picked you out, b/c of your wonderful personality and smile. i know you didn't win this one but you did leave with a pretty sweet putter.

sorry duey, i just kind of picked you out, b/c of your wonderful personality and smile. i know you didn't win this one but you did leave with a pretty sweet putter.

No complaints here buddy. I rather enjoyed getting right up there and doing it and yes I came away very fortunate.

that's encouraging to hear. i hate it when i like a putter to find out that it's "RH ONLY". so who tests those LH protos you got over there?

*crosses fingers*

I'm a righty, but 1/4 of all golfers in Canada are lefties. Eliminating that size of market is foolish, plus it reminds me of the days you'd get your knuckles wrapped by the nuns for using your left hand. So archaic.
Our testing program let's you try out the putter for 45 days, file 3 reports about your experience and if you like the putter you can buy it at a serious discount. Our testing pool is currently filled but I will see if we can't send you one.

I'm a righty, but 1/4 of all golfers in Canada are lefties. Eliminating that size of market is foolish, plus it reminds me of the days you'd get your knuckles wrapped by the nuns for using your left hand. So archaic.
Our testing program let's you try out the putter for 45 days, file 3 reports about your experience and if you like the putter you can buy it at a serious discount. Our testing pool is currently filled but I will see if we can't send you one.

whoa! ho! seriously!!!??? i was just messing around. this is one of those moments in my life where i can say i love canadians. i've always heard that the LH market is huge compared to down here. but wouldn't most companies have a north american division? good for you guys for not ignoring that demographic of golfer. serious kudos!

whoa! ho! seriously!!!??? i was just messing around. this is one of those moments in my life where i can say i love canadians. i've always heard that the LH market is huge compared to down here. but wouldn't most companies have a north american division? good for you guys for not ignoring that demographic of golfer. serious kudos!

Dude, your going to run out of room in your house soon, lol. Congrats and what a great company!

sounds like TC is A) moving in with Belbin up in Canada and B) dumping that Odyssey for a great feeling West Coast Putter

sounds like TC is A) moving in with Belbin up in Canada and B) dumping that Odyssey for a great feeling West Coast Putter

A. is never gonna happen but B. certainly could ddec.

I tried out very few putters (did not want to loose the feeling to my putter, since I am sure the ones I like are out there price wise)
The notables were:
Machine (not sure which model) but it was sweet!! Good weight, very solid face, and it stopped the oval motion I have when I put... AMAZING!! Wish I had the $$ for one of these bad boys (it was very similar to the one that Bama won)
The other one I believe was a Proto West Coast putter (been out for a while, but this was the proto for it I guess) It's the only one of the 5 for the putting contest that had a yellow grip on it! That grip was amazing, and the putter felt great!!! I put my first put 81'' from the hole, I was amazed!!

I would love to own either of those 2, more so the actual westcoast proto... which of course is not happening unless Josh looses a few screws.

I wish I remembered about the super secret putter that no one could have guessed what it was... but after demo day 1, and me falling in love with a set of irons and a driver that I can not own... I completely forgot about the "secret amazing putter"

westcoastputter: what is the MSRP and where can a guy purchase the proto that was at the outing?

He is referring to the Zen putter that we reviewed 6 months ago. In fact both P4B and Danillo are.

JB, do you know when the secret putters will be released? I am very IMPATIENTLY waiting!

Back