Adams A7os Hybrid opinions

simonk83

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Anyone got any opinions on the Adams A7os hybrid? I’m a high handicapper and am looking to get something to replace my 4 iron for the time being. I’ve heard good things about Adams hybrids in general, and the OS’s are apparently more forgiving for the high handicapper like myself :)

Managed to get in on that ebay promotion today so I’ll get $50 off the club when I buy it on Friday. Planning on getting it from timtheputterman.

Interested in your thoughts :)

Love mine. 19 degree. Easy to hit, straight, nice ball flight. On Monday I hit to within 6 feet of the pin from 195. Confident when I swing this club.

I would try to demo it first. I bought an iron set that had three a30S hybrids and I just didn't care for them. They are quality hybrids, but didn't work for me.

I would try to demo it first. I bought an iron set that had three a30S hybrids and I just didn't care for them. They are quality hybrids, but didn't work for me.

I'd love to, but the problem is I need to buy it in a 1 hour window tomorrow to qualify for this promotion. I live in Melbourne Australia, and as far as I'm aware we don't have any of those fancy VR machine things that plot your trajectory on a screen after you hit the ball. All the shops I've been in just have nets set up, which doesn't really help me a great deal as I can't tell if the ball is slicing, or travelling straight etc. I might just have to take a punt and sell it on if it's no good for me.

Yea, that makes it tough. I will say this. The a30S set up more like an iron for (even though they have a big back-end) and I prefer more of a fairway wood styled hybrid.

Yea, that makes it tough. I will say this. The a30S set up more like an iron for (even though they have a big back-end) and I prefer more of a fairway wood styled hybrid.

Right, ok. See I'm a relative beginner and haven't actually hit a hybrid before, so I'm really just looking for a more forgiving 4 iron alternative. From all accounts the A7's are pretty forgiving (the OS's even more so), so I guess it's possible the tech has changed fairly drastically between the A3's and A7's. Alternatively I might have the same issue as you when it arrives :D

I was able to hit it ok, it just didn't suit my eye. Hopefully it works well for you. Adams makes great hybrids. There is no debating that :)

i have an A7(non OS) and like it. I purchased it from Timtheputterman on ebay.

I was able to hit it ok, it just didn't suit my eye. Hopefully it works well for you. Adams makes great hybrids. There is no debating that :)

Cool, thanks for the thoughts guys, very helpful :) I haven't really seen much talk of the OS versions of these clubs in forums. Most just seem to have the straight A7 version (obviously more confident in their abilities than I am :D)

Back