Putter Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

SeeMoreM9Putter.jpg

The M9 SeeMore that caught my eye is a classic small mallet with a slightly back-of-center shaft. It is the straight shaft option, featuring 1/3 toe hang and has the alignment benefits of RifleScope Technology (RST). It had a soft milled aluminum face insert. The ball meeting clubface just had that ahhhhhhhhhhh feel about it. I love the looks of this flatstick as it had a beautiful Platinum finish. It putted so sweet on the practice green that I forgot about most of the other putters. Guess what, I did not even get to try or see the "Famed Mystery Putter " :banghead:! The putter of the decade is still a mystery to old Gray... I thank JB needs to send me a PM with a pic of that charmer. I promise that I will honor the embargo date... Ok back to the SeeMore. I took it out for my Sunday round and rolled as I had expected, very good. I absolutely loved the soft feel of the face on this putter! If you have a putter that zings the ball off the face, faster than a two dollar pistol, you will love the M9. Like others who were trying the different putters I would have preferred a larger grip. That's just what I'm accustomed to. Putting with the smaller grip and the straight neck design was tough for me to get use to with just one round of golf. My Never Compromise "VooDoo Daddy" comes with a bit of a crook neck design hosel. If I had more time with this putter and the right setup, I would have no problem falling head over heels with this beauty.

I have to second the love for the super secret putter. It was absolutely a beast in the feel department and the looks were striking. I'm trying to be real careful with what I say because man o man was it sweet.

Nike Method: I rolled the blade style putter a lot. I absolutely loved the feel and roll of the putter. I have to say, I didn't come into the outing looking at getting a new putter but this and the bad boy listed above have me thinking.

Seemore: I tried a couple of their models. I do like the feel alot but they don't seem to fit my putting stroke. I press forward quite a bit and the red dot is always showing lol. Nice look to the putters thouhg.

West Coast: The putter I used for the contest was awesome.

Taylormade: Kia Ma putter was what I rolled. I liked it but not as much as I thought I would for feel. Absolutely a beautiful putter though. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am, but it had an insert and what looked to be a milling pattern. Felt softer than I thought it would be. Not a bad thing at all but just not what I prefer.

I really had no intention to check out these putters as I am very happy with my Cleveland. However I did start to check them and found one that was absolutly awesome in my opinion. It was one from Machine Putter. It was very pleasin to the eye, looked like one with a center shaft and then curled aound to the back of the putter. It was bronze and silver and I believe JB mentioned part of it can be removed for a different look.

JB, I am sure you know the one I am referring to, if you could please post a picture of it here so all can see it. Also maybe a model# for me if you know ( I think you said it was a prototype) as I would love to see if I can get one of these down the road.

I really had no intention to check out these putters as I am very happy with my Cleveland. However I did start to check them and found one that was absolutly awesome in my opinion. It was one from Machine Putter. It was very pleasin to the eye, looked like one with a center shaft and then curled aound to the back of the putter. It was bronze and silver and I believe JB mentioned part of it can be removed for a different look.

JB, I am sure you know the one I am referring to, if you could please post a picture of it here so all can see it. Also maybe a model# for me if you know ( I think you said it was a prototype) as I would love to see if I can get one of these down the road.

Thats the one I mentioned above. You turned me on to it and it was very nice. The thing put a serious nice roll on the ball. No idea the model.

Thats the one I mentioned above. You turned me on to it and it was very nice. The thing put a serious nice roll on the ball. No idea the model.

Saw your post after I added mine but yea that one rolled nicely!!!

Saw your post after I added mine but yea that one rolled nicely!!!

I'm sure its one of the Machine M2A Converter series style putters. You can change/add to the flange as well as different hosel's. Gorgeous flatsticks and the milling does indeed put a serious roll on the ball.

www.doglegright.com is their site.

Thanks Jman, I bet your right on.

Thanks Jman, I bet your right on.

I do love and know my putters! LOL

Pretty sure the THP one had a special finish on it though, they are such sweet flatsticks.

It is their version of the center shaft. Here ya go.

807227106_FzL8o-L-1.jpg

That was pretty sweet. The long extention with the aim line made it easy to square the head right on the target. At first glance I thought it would be way to heavy and it had a little extra weight, but about right for a good solid stroke without closing the face.

Too much info for right now. More to come soon.

If it's so secret, how come the people who went on the outing are allowed to know what it is? Or don't they? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just don't understand how this works and so I'm asking.

It is their version of the center shaft. Here ya go.

807227106_FzL8o-L-1.jpg

Rhino was hitting some nice putts with that putter.

If it's so secret, how come the people who went on the outing are allowed to know what it is? Or don't they? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just don't understand how this works and so I'm asking.

not only do we know what it is, we got to test it. I think we were actually some of the first consumers to see this product. I can't wait to see the "finished" product

I didn't spend too much time with any of the putters, as I opted to try out my new Ghost. Let me say officially now that I have it that it is just the best putter I've ever tried. Case in point, my one putt from 20' on #1 of the Palmer. I made 3 other one putts that day from over 10 feet. The Ghost is winner IMO.

Because the embargo date has not been lifted by the company. The company got real world testing out of the demo day and feedback, and we had all golfers sign NDAs to not photo or release equipment. We honor embargo dates at this site if the company requests we do so.

not only do we know what it is, we got to test it. I think we were actually some of the first consumers to see this product. I can't wait to see the "finished" product

Me neither.

Beat me to it. Should have known ;)

what did everyone think of the west coast putters that were available for the contest?

i wished i would've put that seemore in the bag for sunday's round but i just completely spaced.

what did everyone think of the west coast putters that were available for the contest?

i wished i would've put that seemore in the bag for sunday's round but i just completely spaced.

I used the shortest one, thought it had a good feel. Almost holed the putt. Thought they all had good weighting and a nice look to them. Can't wait to see which one Bulldogs decides to order.

I used the shortest one, thought it had a good feel. Almost holed the putt. Thought they all had good weighting and a nice look to them. Can't wait to see which one Bulldogs decides to order.

i can't either. it'll be cool to see one that isn't a proto, one that's all painted and finished up! i didn't spend a ton of time with them for obvious reasons but i know that JB loved the heel shafted one.

I used the giant heavy one and was pleasantly surprised. It still had a nice feel to it and the weight helped me on the 100 ft putt. I hadn't taken a practice putt, but was still able to get the ball within a few feet of the hole. I'd love to see it finished.

I have not been able to stop dreaming about that Zen Prototype West Coast Putter, it feels so good and coupled with the cool look of the yellow grip it was hands down my favorite putter there. I rolled it up against every other top putter brand there (including SethO's Scotty) and this thing just flat out rocked each time. My goodness what a putter!!

I swear it is funny cause I had a dream about that Lajosi...hahaha

I swear it is funny cause I had a dream about that Lajosi...hahaha

Kari is a master craftsman for sure. If he was stateside he'd be HUGE. Such a pleasure to work with on designing a flatstick too, some of the stuff he is doing now is amazing.

i think the lajosi was extremely popular. everyone that rolled it had nothing but goodness to say about it. plus the dude like AFL, how cool is that?

Back