Bridgestone Demo Day THP Outing Reviews

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Fall Golf Outing has concluded and one of the many features of the THP Golf Outings is a rather large demo day with more equipment than you could ever imagine for all of the people to try out. We provided notebooks, pens, and gear and ask that people give their thoughts on the equipment that they tried.

This thread will be devoted for the Bridgestone Golf equipment that was out there.

J38 Pocket Cavity
J38 Dual Pocket Cavity
B330-RX
B330-RXS

This is the list and we look forward to hearing everybody's thoughts that got to experience this incredible day of demoing equipment.

I am happy to say that I walked away with 2 of the B330-Rx balls left. I must say that I loved the RXS ball. They both performed great for me but I liked the s better. I started my round out hitting pretty consistently(with the S). as I neered the bear trap, thats where I lost all of my balls. Overall, I was very impressed with the Bridgestone balls.

First of all, thanks again to Bridgestone for the balls! I have been so excited to get to the outing to try the RX and RXS balls and I am happy to say I was not disappointed in the least. I played 1 RX ball the entire way around the Champion course and when we finished it looked practically brand new even with one trip down a cart path! I couldn't tell if I was getting more distance with this than I get with the B330-S I currently play but I'm happy to say I have a sleeve left and I'll be testing it out side by side next time I play at home.

The single saddest thing for me was that I did not get a chance to hit the Bridgestone irons, the look of these are simply gorgeous and that was for sure the biggest disappointment to me that I didn't get to hit them. :sad:

This was the ONE thing I could find that made me feel even slightly better for not attending, that the j38 driver and 3 wood were not involved. I may have lost my mind....

Glad to hear the balls worked out well for you guys!

I did not demo the irons since I was lost in GI land, but they looked incredible. Especially next to JB's staff bag.

I played the RX and e6 (that I bought) ball during my rounds. Due to the wind I thought the e6 would help me out. I love both of those balls equally and I'm having a hard time deciding which one I want to game regularly. They both are great off the tee and long approaches. The RX is the ball to take if you need a short shot to stick, but I didn't have any problem stopping the e6 short either. I'm a Bridgestone ball fanboy in a bad way. Thanks for sending them our way!

Hawk, P4B and One-T and everyone else,

we're glad you got so much enjoyment out of the balls. It was our pleasure to be the official ball of the THP Demo Day. Sounds like everyone had a blast at the outing. I know PGA National is an amazing place and JB and GG are fantastic hosts so I had no doubts this would be one to remember. Keep Booming it! Hope next time I'll be able to join you and meet everyone that helps make up this incredible community we call THP.

Oh, I almost forgot.

I lost a bunch of balls on Saturday, but Sunday I didn't lose one. I had an e6 that became possessed and absolutely wouldn't get lost. At one point I smacked it off two trees and then I bounced it off of some rocks about 20 feet in the air, just missing the water. It was beat to hell, but I couldn't put it away. That ball is getting put on a display shelf.

Hawk, P4B and One-T and everyone else,

we're glad you got so much enjoyment out of the balls. It was our pleasure to be the official ball of the THP Demo Day. Sounds like everyone had a blast at the outing. I know PGA National is an amazing place and JB and GG are fantastic hosts so I had no doubts this would be one to remember. Keep Booming it! Hope next time I'll be able to join you and meet everyone that helps make up this incredible community we call THP.

well, we were very happy and thankful you(bridgestone) participated. Everyone talked about how nice that was. Hope to see you next time

The B330-RXS is my ball of choice now and as much as I loved it I had to switch to the regular RX in an attempt to get more roll. The fairways seemed really soft and a bit lower flight in the wind was key. I will say I scuffed one up pretty bad on a hole. We counted three times off the cart path before it found grass, lol. My longest drive of the weekend, haha

Thanks Bridgestone for all the support.

I played both Bridgestone balls on both days. I thought the distance was great, the feel was very good, and the spin around the green was just what I was looking for. When I run out of what I have I will definitely be changing over to Bridgestone

i know that setho enjoyed the j38 irons so hopefully he'll chime in with his thoughts at some point. the j38 line of irons is incredibly sleek and attractive. it was the one iron that i kept staring at, when i was suppose to be helping set up for the demo day. great looking iron. hopefully bridgestone will put a lefty in their stable so we can see some LH offerings some day.

everyone knows how much of a fan of the b330rx i am already, so i'll just say thanks to bridgestone for being our official ball. i know everyone appreciated them and i do believe that you'll have a few guys making the switch b/c you put your products in their hands (isn't that right yoccos!!!!)

Thanks to Bridgestone for providing balls for us to game. I was definitely feeling the RXS balls as they were a highlight of my round on Sunday. I was gaming the E6 prior to this and it didn't surprise me that the RXS performed well. Kudos to Bridgestone.

I took the J38 Cavity back Irons out... Man, these things were really good to me as long as I kept my head down!!!
If we drank/ate less at the outing I would have ordered a set already!!

They have great weight and balance, look amazing... and are a bit forgiving. The feel off the ball is great, it gives you feedback, but no vibration... it feels solid!
I really enjoyed every minute of em... and really look forward to owning a set!!

Great to hear that you guys had the Bridgestone J38 irons out there! I know I really liked them last year when I got to hit the J38 Cavity Backs well ahead of release and was impressed. Unfortunately, they are also designed for a better ball striker than me, but something to shoot towards getting enough game to be able to do them justice on the course!

I didn't get a swing with the clubs but I did manage to play a sleeve of the highly touted RX and RXS balls.

Saturday was my date with the RXS. Can I just say, what a sweet ball!!!! I didn't hit a whole lot of great shots but I can say off the irons there hasn't been an equal for me. The balls felt sweet off the irons and even better off the putter. While made for us slower swing speed guys they did not feel like mush. I have a really tough choice because I'm going to say this now, I'm sold. I didn't think I would be to be honest. Hitting the E5, E6 and E7 at PGA SS I wasn't overly impressed. But getting actualy game time with the RXS really sold me. The driver, these things were absolutely as long as anything I have hit before. They just seemed really hot off the face and felt great.

Sunday was my RX day. ANother fantastic ball. It did not spin as much but honestly I would need more time with both balls to determine what would be a better fit. Im thinking the RX because it was straight when I managed to hit a straight drive and I was drilling the ball with my 3W. It was ridiculous. The irons felt just as good as the RXS and I really liked the roll I got off the putter. What a fantastic ball. I also loved the ball off the driver face. It's really hard to find a ball that feels great off of both types of clubs for me. And then to combine it with fantastic putter feel you have a real winner. I have last years RX and once I go through those and my stock pile I will go back to bfit for a final fitting. But I'm pretty sure I'm set on the RX. Both balls were great but I think the less spin I have the better for my game right now. However I still want some around the green and this ball provides more than enough!

Great review Yoccos ! Now myself already being a Bridgestone fan, I was totally pleased with the bag of goodies at demo day that had a sleeve of each ball (RX/RXS) for us to enjoy. KellyBo has been giving me the evil eye thinking I will try to steal hers and hide them in my bag :eek:).. Hey if those puppies are anywhere in my sight, they might just walk into my bag :golf2: :D. I love the RXS version as I found them to be extremely pleasing around the green with all the distance I need off the tee. What a great company to proudly sponser their product in this year's event as "The Ball", for our THP outing. I for one hope this relationship will last for many, if not all, of future outings to come!

The J38 full pocket irons were amazing! Probably my favorite item at the outing.

didn't have the chance to hit the irons at all but loved hitting the 330-RX and RXS around. Not sure if they'd replace the 330-S for me or not but hitting the RX's this weekend solidified my feeling that Bridgestone is the #1 ball co. in golf, period.

I didn't get a swing with the clubs but I did manage to play a sleeve of the highly touted RX and RXS balls.

Saturday was my date with the RXS. Can I just say, what a sweet ball!!!! I didn't hit a whole lot of great shots but I can say off the irons there hasn't been an equal for me. The balls felt sweet off the irons and even better off the putter. While made for us slower swing speed guys they did not feel like mush. I have a really tough choice because I'm going to say this now, I'm sold. I didn't think I would be to be honest. Hitting the E5, E6 and E7 at PGA SS I wasn't overly impressed. But getting actualy game time with the RXS really sold me. The driver, these things were absolutely as long as anything I have hit before. They just seemed really hot off the face and felt great.

Sunday was my RX day. ANother fantastic ball. It did not spin as much but honestly I would need more time with both balls to determine what would be a better fit. Im thinking the RX because it was straight when I managed to hit a straight drive and I was drilling the ball with my 3W. It was ridiculous. The irons felt just as good as the RXS and I really liked the roll I got off the putter. What a fantastic ball. I also loved the ball off the driver face. It's really hard to find a ball that feels great off of both types of clubs for me. And then to combine it with fantastic putter feel you have a real winner. I have last years RX and once I go through those and my stock pile I will go back to bfit for a final fitting. But I'm pretty sure I'm set on the RX. Both balls were great but I think the less spin I have the better for my game right now. However I still want some around the green and this ball provides more than enough!

I played with Yoccos on Saturday and I can attest to the wicked amount of spin that the RXS ball provides (The RX and RXS are a little soft for me off the driver, but now I can't wait to try the 330-S and 330 when I get a chance). He hit a short pitch shot out of the rough, and STILL backed it up a couple feet on the green. I was shocked!!! I turned around half expecting to see Phil Mickelson standing there.

Did everyone else find that the durability of the Bridgestone balls we were given was simply top notch like I do? I played that same RX the entire way around the Champion course and it looked great when I finished, so great in fact that whoever found it in their backyard next to the Palmer course had to have been happy!

Did everyone else find that the durability of the Bridgestone balls we were given was simply top notch like I do? I played that same RX the entire way around the Champion course and it looked great when I finished, so great in fact that whoever found it in their backyard next to the Palmer course had to have been happy!

You played that ball Sunday? Are you kidding me? That would have been put on display!

was that your second attempt to get over said lake....granted you were hitting into a gale force wind lol My RX flew beautifully over that lake but that's because I finally threw it over lol
Yeah I played it and lost it in the bottom of a lake toward the end of the round. :sad:

I actually thought about putting the J38 DPCs in my bag for Sundays round. I just love those irons so much.

I absolutely loved the durability of those balls. My BP's and XFT Wedge really seem to shred balls even with just one good shot and I didn't notice any of that with these balls. I can't believe I waited so long to try the RX series.

Back