The Outing Concludes

:popcorn: it was great... maybe that's what led to my sleepwalking elevator incident

I think it was this...

firefly_sweet_tea_vodka_large.jpg

I think it was this...

firefly_sweet_tea_vodka_large.jpg

I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard now. Good news, I found a liquor store in Albany that carries FireFly Sweet Tea Vodka. Luckily there are no elevators in my apartment.

We are so glad to see so many people share their thoughts on the weekend and the memories that were created. We are already doing our research for the next outing and will have a thread on questions and feedback coming up tomorrow.

THank you all for the incredible weekend. These events have created memories for GG and I and friends for life.

We are so glad to see so many people share their thoughts on the weekend and the memories that were created. We are already doing our research for the next outing and will have a thread on questions and feedback coming up tomorrow.

THank you all for the incredible weekend. These events have created memories for GG and I and friends for life.

*MaryC orders Prison Calendar 2 from Amazon*

*TheDue calls newspaper to place an ad to sell bassboat and first born child*

*ddec takes back engagement ring from Jenn and tells her we need to attend the next outing*

*feverishly applies for a new credit card*

So I finally got some time to chime in on the weekend so I popped my Hungry Man in the nuker, ate a little and thought so this is what food tastes like that doesn't have 18% attached. Anyways, overall it was a blast and it was good to see some familiar faces and some new ones. I'll second the "no weirdo" comment except for the magician which just freaks me out.

JB & GG thanks again for putting this together. You guys are setting the bar real high and keep breaking through it. I know you said that it'll be hard to top this one but I have the utmost confidence that you will. Thanks as well should go to the OEM's for letting us hacks hit some of your wares. As a consumer it shows a great deal to us that all the companies that participated have that must faith in the average consumer to test and write up about them. Kudos.

Big ups to team THP as well, P4B, THanks, FLTC for setting up all that stuff and even Smallie for holding the ship down while we were enjoying the sunshine.

I'm not going to draw this out since much of what I remember has been said already concerning the members... all of you are stand up folks. I've gotten to share rounds with some of the funniest people and the most enjoyable company one can imagine. In a nutshell:

Yoccos: we was like 2 peas in a pod. Glad to share Saturday's round with you and to chat it up the whole weekend. Look, I think those lizards are about to do "it"!
Golf4Life: dude, we had some laughs and thank goodness because I definitely needed it on the "assume the position" course. We'll be hitting it up soon.
Bulldog: you are the short game highlight reel of my trip. Between the looooong putt and Saturday, I'm flying over to take some lessons.
RBelbin: you can hit that thing a ton and it hurts just thinking of what that ball goes through at impact. And yes, the wedges are a done deal.
One-T: Utz chips or not, you are one awesome dude. Put that divot mat to good use. I promise that I'll smile more, especially when I hole one out.
W&N: that was definitely the best $60 investment in your golf life. Keep on sleeping with that flat stick so you can putt the way you were putting on Sunday.

Some noteables: Gus, I don't understand why you can't just have 4 different pipes so I could smoke the pipe everyday. Ddec, congrats bro, it would be epic if you had your ceremony in an elevator. WR, no playing this time but I'll see you soon. Bama, you are one mean cuss and I'm glad to have met you because I could shoot the :poop: for hours with you. P4B, I'm still relatively scared of your physique and it's probably why I almost crapped my pants on the bear trap. Duey, you crack me up dude. This whole trip, you were like a traveling omen. I promise not to drive through the projects next time we want a quarter pounder. Gray and Kelly, you both are sweet as pie and can play as well. I'm hoping there will be a SE get together so I can swing by and hit around with you two. Fildini, G*nial is not just a river in Egypt. 9-Iron, it was a pleasure to meet you and AdamsGirl. I'm glad to see that Canada has its fine points. MaryC, what... cookies! Danilo, you are one cool dude and I'm glad you didn't give me too much crap with my UF visor. I know I'm forgetting some more folks and I apologize. It's like info overload at one of these outings between the equipment and the people.

Of course what would an outing be without the OG's. It was great to see the majority of the gang back together. I'm glad that it seemed that no time passed between the last outing and this. You all know how I feel about you guys so I'll leave it at that. Honestly they could've held this thing at a rundown motel using a local course and I still think it would have been fun.

Which brings me to my final comment... I'm glad that the new folks had a chance to experience what the folks in the first outing had experienced which was the camaraderie of the folks on this site. Aside from the cool equipment, and the info we get, it's the people that make this site and this outing special. It's what keeps the majority of us here. It's what I enjoyed the most about this experience. I don't know about you but I already can't wait for the next one.

*promises to eat house food and cut back cocaine addiction*

Great read Spank, your right about having it anywhere and we would have a fantastic time. I must send a very special thank you out to you and bama. You guys were as nice as it gets and actually made me feel, (and look), tall! hehe.

Oh yeah, the South Florida projects at 11pm was a bit uncomfortable. I was wondering if you side panels could withstand a drive-by.

Rooming with Spank was great. Nothing sweeter than waking up to that pretty face after 18 beers and 5 hours of sleep.

So I finally got some time to chime in on the weekend so I popped my Hungry Man in the nuker, ate a little and thought so this is what food tastes like that doesn't have 18% attached.

Most of the nice golf resorts I have ever stayed at have included tip into the bills of food and drink. They do this because many tourists seem to forget that aspect under the "they wont ever see me again" philosophy or tipping is not done in other countries. I assume under the conditions, it was not too big of a deal, but if it is for some, I will certainly find out if it is going to be part of our next outing depending on where we hold it. Being that most of the meals were paid for, it really only came to place on the drinks.

Most of the nice golf resorts I have ever stayed at have included tip into the bills of food and drink. They do this because many tourists seem to forget that aspect under the "they wont ever see me again" philosophy or tipping is not done in other countries. I assume under the conditions, it was not too big of a deal, but if it is for some, I will certainly find out if it is going to be part of our next outing depending on where we hold it. Being that most of the meals were paid for, it really only came to place on the drinks.

I certainly understand that aspect JB as I know most resorts have to have their bases covered. I'll PM you.

I certainly understand that aspect JB as I know most resorts have to have their bases covered. I'll PM you.

My only complaint about the included gratuity is that I didnt realize that it was included in everything until sometime Saturday evening.

I did some serious double tipping on Friday at the iBar.

My only complaint about the included gratuity is that I didnt realize that it was included in everything until sometime Saturday evening.

I did some serious double tipping on Friday at the iBar.

And you thought that they were nice to you because you looked pretty. :D

I am going to say this publicly. We apologize if people did not feel that 18% gratuity should be included in their bill. Perhaps we should have noted it beforehand, but truthfully I kind of expected that most knew it based on all of the golf traveling I have done before. That is my fault and I am truly sorry about it.

Servers make around $3 an hour and the 18% is included because of the reasons I said above. Because in some areas tipping is not customary and the servers would be left with nothing. It has been the same at almost every resort I have stayed at. I know most have no issue with it at all, but for those that do, I apologize.

We enjoyed our outing being held at a stay and play location. We believe the next one will be as well. Because of that, there will most likely be a 18% gratuity included in your checks, so if that is an issue, please take it up with the hotel ahead of time or after you receive service that you do not feel deserves the tip.

GG and I had a great time hosting quite a few meals and will do so again, but I guess we kind of expected that gratuity and felt as though 18% was less or even than what we would have given (both being from the service industry in the past).

Again we are sorry that some have issues with this.

Spank,
Its ironic that you live in Orlando, because in our travels there over there searching for homes, tons of restaurants included 18% in their checks for the exact same reasons noted above. Tourism is different throughout the world and hospitality must cover the guests somehow.

I hope too many are not "upset" over this. Thanks for understanding.

I didn't mind. I know how the industry works. I thought the service was generally good or great, with a few duds (but you'll get that anywhere). I think it is more of an eye shock when you see it on paper, but if I tip a dollar per beer (which is not uncommon) I am usually spending far more than 18%.

I really had no issue with it either and Im pretty sure I was well aware of it before hand. Ive been to a few other resorts and they were always the same way. The only place it seems out of place is at a bar when your buying drinks. But I had a great time and enjoyed every bit of it anyway.

I didn't mind. I know how the industry works. I thought the service was generally good or great, with a few duds (but you'll get that anywhere). I think it is more of an eye shock when you see it on paper, but if I tip a dollar per beer (which is not uncommon) I am usually spending far more than 18%.

my thoughts exactly hawk. i kinda preferred having the gratuity established already.

hahaha, I still didnt know the 18% was included at the ibar. Nor do I care. well, maybe thats why I got a couple free drinks at the ibar....hey hun, thi sones on me....ok. hehe. As far as 18%, that sucks for them because I ALWAYS give 20% or more. So, on the food side of it I came out a bit cheaper.

I am going to say this publicly. We apologize if people did not feel that 18% gratuity should be included in their bill. Perhaps we should have noted it beforehand, but truthfully I kind of expected that most knew it based on all of the golf traveling I have done before. That is my fault and I am truly sorry about it.

Servers make around $3 an hour and the 18% is included because of the reasons I said above. Because in some areas tipping is not customary and the servers would be left with nothing. It has been the same at almost every resort I have stayed at. I know most have no issue with it at all, but for those that do, I apologize.

We enjoyed our outing being held at a stay and play location. We believe the next one will be as well. Because of that, there will most likely be a 18% gratuity included in your checks, so if that is an issue, please take it up with the hotel ahead of time or after you receive service that you do not feel deserves the tip.

GG and I had a great time hosting quite a few meals and will do so again, but I guess we kind of expected that gratuity and felt as though 18% was less or even than what we would have given (both being from the service industry in the past).

Again we are sorry that some have issues with this.

Spank,
Its ironic that you live in Orlando, because in our travels there over there searching for homes, tons of restaurants included 18% in their checks for the exact same reasons noted above. Tourism is different throughout the world and hospitality must cover the guests somehow.

I hope too many are not "upset" over this. Thanks for understanding.

Don't worry JB. Most of the service I encountered at the resort would have warranted my normal 20% tip I leave folks to begin with (except for our Sunday night Bear Trap staff, they might have gotten my .20%).

I hope this won't unduly influence the choice of the next outing location because as you have stated, this is normal and standard at the type of resort that PGA National is with the type of package we had and actually 18% isn't as bad as I've seen at some resorts (20% + service charge isn't uncommon at a few high end resorts like Sea Island, Greenbriar, or on a cruise ship).

And like Hawk said, if you tip a dollar a beer and the beer was $4, that is more than 18%. The way I see it with the 2 for 1 drink specials we had going at the restaurants/bars, the resort lost money on us over the weekend when it came to the waitstaff and tips.

Big ups to team THP as well, P4B, THanks, FLTC for setting up all that stuff and even Smallie for holding the ship down while we were enjoying the sunshine.

My pleasure! But I would have rather have been in Florida with all ya'll.

It's a pretty standard thing for most high end destinations, I would have been surprised had they not done that. Wish I could do that in a few Sonic drive-Ins I know of, but not the case. The service was also pretty standard at PGA National and I mean that from a high end standard. It was good to great in almost every situation. I did have a bit of a wait for my bags after the round and not real sure the guy appreciated me asking if he had time to try everything on, but standard is 18% if on the ticket and at least $1 per bag brought to the room. That's the one that always bugs me, because they always have one person get the bags inside from your car and another take to your room, but I expect it, so no issues.

If my waitress is exceptionally talented, (looks good), I'll tip a bit more, hehe. (How many of you tipped better at the I-bar than you did to the bar maid???) lol

My pleasure! But I would have rather have been in Florida with all ya'll.

Yes Smallie, thanks for the extra work load so we could all enjoy the sun. I'd have loved seeing you there.

Like I told a lot of ya, I'm not to good on the keyboard or being artistic, but here it goes.
JB & GG, great job on the outing, not only the nice job @ the gathering but also the way ya worked with the manufactures. WOW lot of equipment & our gift packs.
ddec, Congrats to the two of ya, also for puttin up with my self-implosion tie raid thru the round. . Your fun to be around.
I had a blast with the guys I played with Sat. "Yoco", Spank & G4L, I would jump at a chance to play another round with ya'll. I know Yoco & Spank struggled a lil bit but they showed the got some game. G4L, hell, I know you can play.
Sunday was still a blast because of the company I was privilege to get to play with. Rhino & DDEC even though I couldn't play a lick, Rhino, I think we just peaked to early in the weekend, well thats the story I'm stickin with. LOL. I think we would of tied on our self cussin. lmao.
Didnt get to hang & chat enough with alot of ya as I would like, that there is a good reason to try to make the next outing.
RxGus. your attire for Sat. was just classic!! no bull. Mary, your just a sweetheart, Bill & Kelly, dang nice pleasure to talk & great with.
Bama we'll hav'ta bring the bowling balls next year.
I know I'm leavin out a lot of folks that I enjoyed they heck out of their company, & I'm sorry for not writing about here, but ya know me I killed to many brain cells.

Back