Scotty Cam vs SeeMore

Vadim

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi gang, going to get fitted for a putter today, want your opinion on the basic differences and advantages of one brand over the other given that i will have the same feel etc from both type of putter and brand and given that the price doesnt matter

If it were me I would not want anyone's opinion on putters. Go in with an open mind and see what you like best. Putter is the most personal club in the bag. JMO though. Good luck and hope you find the one.

If it were me I would not want anyone's opinion on putters. Go in with an open mind and see what you like best. Putter is the most personal club in the bag. JMO though. Good luck and hope you find the one.
This. Try them both and just go with your gut.

Putters are very personal, what might be great for one person may not work for another person. Its all up personal preference. There are a lot of places that have a guarantee, so if you end up purchasing one and using it for a couple of weeks and not liking it, you can return it and get the other one.

I would echo the thoughts of my fellow THP'ers. Putters are the most personal club in the bag and you just have to hit them several times (at least I did) to find the one you like. I think you have chosen two great brands, but dont discount some of the lesser known ones as well b/c you might be surprised how well some of them actually are. Best of luck with the search.

SMG

I'd also add that you should try lots of putters that meet your basic criteria (style, shape, length, etc.). For example, while a Scotty might cost $300+, a Cleveland classic might do the trick just as well or better for $69. You never know what will work for you. Like everyone else has said, go in with an open mind.

Adding my $0.02...you'll know once you're in the store which one you'll want. Like others have said, putters are more 'personal' than other clubs and the one that'll work for you will be "love at first stroke" once you try it out.

I agree, it's definitely personal. However, I am partial to my Seemore. I did try every brand, almost every model before settling on my m7 though, and I am not looking back.

I don't think that brand is how you should approach the problem.It could be one of many brands and many styles that ends up being the putter you have confidence in.

Hi gang, going to get fitted for a putter today, want your opinion on the basic differences and advantages of one brand over the other given that i will have the same feel etc from both type of putter and brand and given that the price doesnt matter

Lot's of good advice here. I'd never go putter shopping with any preconceived ideas. You can sometimes find the perfect putter for you in the strangest places. My brother-in-law found his putter at a garage sale for $1, and he loves that stick. Keep an open mind and try everything you can get your hands on.

Back