Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Has anyone ever been? How is it? My friend is having a surprise birthday for her husband at a go kart racing place this weekend and I've never gone to one. Its going to be her treat for all of us, so I'm thinking of trying it :)

Lots of fun. You should do well since the lighter person always has a faster car.

we used to go to a place outside of miramar air base called the miramar grand prix
you had to have a license to drive those go karts and take a safety class
it was serious and fun

Lots of fun. You should do well since the lighter person always has a faster car.

Yup. Nothing funnier than your fat friend getting lapped consistently.

It is a BLAST we went almost every friday after football games in highschool, literally just about the whole team. We had 12 cart eliminations (6 offense and 6 defense) losing team had to haul the water to and from practice on Monday.

Its a BLAST! You'll have so much fun!

Depends on the cars, but you should have a great time. I hope they have a curve that they spray with water, thats always fun

great fun, and depending on how "hardcore" the carts are you may have to wear firesuits, helmets and a neck brace

you may end up sweaty and gross from the effort

Have fun, GC!

I used to love go-kart racing, but managed to get myself blacklisted from the only track I know of around here...long story.

Luckily I have my own helmet, I wear it when I autocross, I'll be going really slow :D

It's just like driving a golf cart only faster, smaller, and noisier. Have fun!

Have fun, GC!

I used to love go-kart racing, but managed to get myself blacklisted from the only track I know of around here...long story.

It can't beat my drunk buddy overreacting when they told him he was too big to drive the go-karts. He flipped out and started screaming. As soon as the 16 year old clerk behind the counter considered the "funny" factor of a drunk 350 pound man wedging himseld into a cart meant for teenagers, he immediatly changed his mind and let my friend Tony ride.
The image of his knees sticking out of the cart, his head barely staying straight and upright, will be burned into my head forever.

Its awesome fun! Just remember, dont brake too much, the limits on most carts are pretty high and a lot of bends can be taken at full throttle.

I had such a BLAST yesterday!! I didn't take pictures, but when I get the pictures, I'll share :)

I have a nice bruise on my leg from when I crashed right into someone who spun out in front of me. I crashed right into the wall and then got a "flag" when I passed that I need to not crash into walls (but it couldn't be helped) and I also got another flag that said to pull over because I was going too slow, LOL, and that was it!

There were 3 laps of 15 and boy am I sore today!! Glad I brought my own helmet :D But it was A LOT of fun!! The first lap I came in dead last, and then I'm not sure how I did the 2nd and 3rd laps, but I know I wasn't last :clapp: I'd definitely do it again. And it was cheap too. My friend paid of all 10 of us and it just came out to be $120. And I got a free t-shirt, LOL.

Our next adventure is zip lining, but I don't think I could do that.... :nailbiting:

thats awesome!
zip lining is funnnnn just watch out for you hair

Back