SprayTech

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my putting that may or may not have a solid answer .
I quit playing 6 years ago and wore NO eye glasses when I quit , and putted fairly decent . I have gotten back to playing again and now wear smooth transition Tri-Focals . I am a right handed player and left eye dominate , I seem to be having a problem reading the line and it is very unsettling as any little movement from my head I will get a different line depending on the area of my glasses I look through .
This may not even be an honest question for a teaching Pro but I just thought I would at least ask my question and see if there is something that may be suggested that could possibly help .
And Lasic eye surgery is not an option for my condition , already checked :(

SprayTech ( Darrell )

You may want to look into golf specific lenses. This is the same problem my father was having. Standing over a ball if he moved his head at all the ball appeared to move or look like the ball was way below his feet at setup. He had his people make him golf specific lenses and he plays much better with little to no issues with head movement now.

Thanks for the advice . I will be asking my eye Dr. about this , as I have an appointment in a few more months . Its just with my putting as I have gotten used to setting up to the ball for full swings .
Its when I set up to putt I will catch the transition area in my glasses and WOW it makes your brain do all sorts of things , mainly Bad .... Nothing like a 6" break from behind the ball and turning into a 4 foot breaker when set up to putt ... LOL
And having your golfing partners say "damn , the holes over here" , or your left with a 6" putt and they say " make him putt it , I've seen him putt "

Back