Mizuno JPX-800 and 800 Pros

Minarets

Reaction score
Handicap
anyone hit the yet?

JB, will you have a review of these anytime soon?
official release is tom. very curious about these irons.

thanks.

Edit: Further down this page has our unboxing post with all of the pictures, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit them over the weekend at Golf Galaxy. The 800 Pro's are phenomenal. One of the nicest feeling irons when hit well. I hope to be getting a set this week.

We have all the sets on their way for the THP Fall Golf Outing and Demo Day. So better than a review, you will get close to 50 reviews from all the forum members in attendance.

We have all the sets on their way for the THP Fall Golf Outing and Demo Day. So better than a review, you will get close to 50 reviews from all the forum members in attendance.

Few things make me as happy as knowing I'll get to hit the Pro's at the outing... and that I am going to be winning a full set of Mizzie iron's in the giveaway later that night!

saw some pics of these today and they look nice.....can't wait to see them in the flesh. if everything i've read about these holds true, we're looking at some long, nice feeling irons.

Mizuno JPX-800 & JPX-800 Pro Irons

Mizuno JPX-800 & JPX-800 Pro Irons

JPX 800
A serious looking iron designed to be amazingly forgiving and explosively long, the JPX-800™ is the first model to bring Mizuno’s Global JPX technology platform to the United States. The unbelievable distance of the JPX-800 irons is achieved by combining MAX COR Technology, Hot Metal™ Face construction, and an exotic pocket cavity to hit the maximum allowable limits for energy transfer.

Hot Metal construction utilizes a new manufacturing process that increases the material’s natural strength to create and ultra-thin and multi-thickness face for maximum, consistent ball speed, while the innovative pocket cavity with external power bar design expands and extends the sweet area and lowers the center of gravity for unsurpassed forgiveness.

An aggressive triple cut sole ensures solid ball striking from all types of lies, and a multi-material cavity badge provides tuned impact sound with enhanced feel and sharp looks. Simply put, the JPX-800 irons utilize the world’s most advanced Game Improvement technologies to help the serious mid to high-handicap player score like never before!

4-7 iron utilize MAX COR construction which delivers the highest allowable COR and low deep COG for amazing distance.
8-PW utilize deep pocket cavity design for extreme forgiveness a high penetrating trajectory.
GW & SW utilize a solid power bar design for greater control and pinpoint accuracy.
A multi-level, multi-thickness exotic pocket cavity™ (4 – 7 iron) creates the largest MOI for the most forgiving iron in MIZUNO’s award-winning line-up.
Massive external Power Bar design expands and extends the sweet area for maximum forgiveness across the face.
Multi-material badge to enhance feel and deliver aggressive styling.
Aggressive Triple Cut sole for consistent forgiveness from all types of lies and playing conditions.
Durable double nickel chrome plated finish.
Modified U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.
Conforms to the 2010 USGA/R&A Condition of Competition.

JPX 800 Pro
Designed for forgiveness, distance, and feel, the new JPX-800 PRO™ features the highest COR ever developed in a legendary Mizuno one-piece Grain Flow Forged™ iron. A large cavity is created using a CNC cavity milling process which thins the face to raise ball speeds for maximum distance, and optimizes a low, deep center of gravity for increased forgiveness on less than perfect shots.

The JPX-800 PRO delivers a perfectly tuned sound at impact for the ultimate in feel. The kind of soft, solid, consistent feel that’s only attainable through Mizuno’s patented Grain Flow Forging process and exceptional use of Modal Analysis and Harmonic Impact Technology. The JPX-800 PRO is also extremely pleasing to the eye, with a traditional look at address, minimal progressive off-set, thinner top line, and a modest, workable head size. In addition, the sole of the JPX-800 PRO implements an aggressive Triple Cut design that ensures solid ball striking from all types of lies.

The JPX-800 Pro irons deliver the perfect balance of forgiveness, distance, feel and ball control.

CNC cavity milling and "Under Cut Forging" technique creates a thin face that delivers amazing distance and a low deep center of gravity for forgiveness.
Patented Grain Flow Forged® 1025E "Pure Select" mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, and consistent feel.
Scientifically designed to optimize sound and feel at impact utilizing Modal Analysis and Harmonic Impact Technology.
Modified U-grooves, which conform to the Condition of Competition 2010, produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.

1006230170_U9vnm-L-1.jpg

1006230220_ka2KH-L-1.jpg

1006230244_tPjpa-L-1.jpg

1006230297_3sQqn-L-1.jpg

1006226175_PjXKM-L-2.jpg

1006226275_LgymJ-L-2.jpg

1006226335_ASuPu-L-1.jpg

1006226360_C3X8t-L-2.jpg

I like the looks of these, I wonder how the forgiveness is compared to others in its class

Lol.. I like these too. Soooooooooooo many good irons coming out gonna make my pledge to stay with my current set that much tougher.

ok, the 800 Pros are my fave Mizzys so far this year. Well done Mizuno!

Those are both nice looking irons.

(Homer Simpson voice)

"Mmmmm....Mizuno.....(drools)!"

I have been lusting after the 800 pro's for since I first saw their pictures. If I hit them well at the outing you can bet they will be in my bag for next spring!

Man, I love the look of all these new Mizzie irons.... its going to take me a long time to figure out which irons I'm going to be gaming soon... not that that is a horrible thing.

Sweeeeet. I can't wait to swing those pro bad boys!

Wow, these sure do look good. Both sets. I get to hit them in 5 days, yayayaaya

kinda of a busy cavity for a mizuno stick huh? (at least for the non pro version)

Are these clubs oversized compared to the 53 and 63 JB?

and Another set of great looking irons! Mizzy is putting out some awesome looking stuff this year.

The Pro version is one of the best irons I've ever tried. The sample I hit wasn't even in my spec but it was so forgiving and felt lovely. Obviously I cannot give a long-term opinion but on first test it was fantastic.

Have you hit them yet JB? If so, what did you think?

Have you hit them yet JB? If so, what did you think?

Havent hit them yet. Will this weekend at the outing. They are boxed up already and I have about 9 other irons in front of them to get to unfortunately. ha

I hit both a few days ago and can say the 800's are much more forgiving. The 800's felt great and although not forged like the Pro's version they had a buttery feel for a cast iron. For me, I cant wait to hit the Burner 2.0's to compare the two.

The pro is pretty sweet but I wouldn't say anything bad about either.

Back