Ecco Introduces its Spring/Summer Men's Golf Collection

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Renowned Danish shoemaker ECCO announces its Spring/Summer 2011 men's golf collection, featuring a focused range of hand-crafted, high-tech and stylish new introductions in the World Class, classic and fashion categories, as well as the game's first-ever natural motion shoe - BIOM Golf.

Born from a foot-first approach that's redefining the golf footwear experience, the new collection highlights ECCO's unrivalled devotion to exceptional design, craftsmanship, comfort and performance. This is guaranteed by a proprietary, direct-injection process that takes place entirely at company owned factories.

"We're exceedingly proud to be shoemakers first and foremost, but also one of the largest producers of premium leathers," says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. "And because we control the entire manufacturing process - from rawhide to retail - we are uniquely positioned to provide customers with the world's best golf shoes."

Offered in three distinct leather types - waterproof GORE-TEX®, weather-resistant HYDROMAX™ and high-grade Premier - ECCO men's golf shoes are worn in competition by scores of international Tour stars, including Fred Couples, Thomas Bjorn, Aaron Baddeley, Stuart Appleby, Thongchai Jaidee and many others.

Highlights of the Spring/Summer 2011 men's golf collection include:

World Class GTX: The only leather-soled golf shoe offered by a major manufacturer, this waterproof shoe represents the accomplished union of traditional luxury and modern technology.

BIOM Golf: Created from decades of ECCO research into the human foot, the first natural motion golf shoe showcases a patented design that takes advantage of the foot's system for absorbing impact while bringing players closer to the ground for unmatched feel and traction.

Golf Street: Now offered in rich camel leather, the game's most sought-after shoe provides unmatched levels of versatility, performance and style to take men of all ages from home to the fairway to the city and beyond.

Comfort Classic: This traditional shoe enhanced with a city look and leather welt outsole offers a soft feel and superb fit to accommodate a wide variety of foot types.

About ECCO
ECCO is a world leading brand with fashionable comfort quality shoes.

Founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, ECCO is the only major shoe manufacturer to own and manage the entire value chain from cow to consumer. ECCO has more than 15,000 employees, direct subsidiaries in Europe, the Far East and North America, and partners worldwide.

Based on ECCO's many years of tradition in shoemaking, ECCO delivers uncompromising comfort and design and the products are sold in more than 3,800 shops all over the world. In 2008, ECCO sold over 17.5 million pair of shoes and reached a turnover of DKK 5.4 billion. However, ECCO's aim has never been to be the biggest - but always to be the best.

ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: visit www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.

sporting a pair of the casual cools for most of the summer and really like them! Still want a pair of the street premiers though!!

absolutely love my Street Prems....if they're coming out in Brown they are a must looksy then

Looking at getting a pair of the Street Prems myself. Didnt like them at first, but they have finally grown on me.

I am interested in seeing these BIOM shoes- I am curious to see how they are different than regular golf shoes.

well if the streets are as comfy as the casual cools I need to check back at the Ecco store this weekend!!

Back