Status
Not open for further replies.
no cowboy is my boy bro.

youre a closet fan. dont deny

I'm pretty sure TC said he was going to wear this at the outing on Sunday
Spoiler
NFL_Cowboys_LG.jpg

i'd wear it!

I, like OEM and the rest of Cowboys nation, would have felt better if the Cowboys put up a bunch of points. I don't mind so much that they lost, but its the way they lost. They have been one of, if not the, most undisciplined team for the last 5 years. It makes me sick. I mean really, a holding call on the final play...Barron basically gave the man a bear hug. I will say, while I am calm about it now, I did kick a laundry basket across my living room and scare my poor dog who was sound asleep on the couch next to me.

I don't think I am over reacting to their kicking game, but I am really surprised they did not bring in a veteran to try out for the FG kicker. I think Elam and Stover are available. They had 2 kickers last year.

Positives from the game. I thought Dez Bryant looked decent for being out during preseason. Romo did lead them on a good drive at the end of the game. I also thought their defense was solid, even though they gave up some yards and 1st downs, they did not yield a TD.

I know what Barron is thinking there too, Im gonna close line/hold/bear hug this dude, whos been beating me the whole game, or my QB is going to get killed. And to his defense if he doesn't do that Romo is sacked to end the game. But dude, get some technique and learn how to hold/block. I read an article somewhere, MSN maybe where they were calling for Jerry to get McNiel, whos holding out, from the Chargers to help the O-line. I thought that was a knee jerk reaction to the preseason but now I think it may be a good idea.

You just want to be able to order a McNiel jersey.....haha
I know what Barron is thinking there too, Im gonna close line/hold/bear hug this dude, whos been beating me the whole game, or my QB is going to get killed. And to his defense if he doesn't do that Romo is sacked to end the game. But dude, get some technique and learn how to hold/block. I read an article somewhere, MSN maybe where they were calling for Jerry to get McNiel, whos holding out, from the Chargers to help the O-line. I thought that was a knee jerk reaction to the preseason but now I think it may be a good idea.

I'm starting to realize why the Rams got rid of Barron for Bobby Carpenter....and then cut Carpenter

I'd much rather lose in week 1 and have some positives than start losing midseason again (speaking about the Bears). Week 1 is gonna be sloppy and as long as it doesnt look like its gonna be a weekly problem no reason to overreact.
I think one thing is key to remember here and that is its only week 1. Disappointing to see such a poor display, yes. Does the Cowboys offensive line have issues? Yes. Should we overreact and call the season lost? No. Would I be calling San Diego about McNeil and trying to figure how I get him on the Cowboys? Yes. Whoever called any kind of play just before the half other then a kneel down was wrong. Blame it on Romo blame it on Choice but they should have never even thought about it. Biggest issues I saw in this game? Lack of discipline. Once again the Cowboys were called for a ton of penalties. And the last one cost them the game. And about that cat. We get rid of Adams who was the second most penalized player in the league and bring in Barron, who is the most penalized? Ok that makes a lot of sense. The Redskins did nothing against the Cowboys. But you sure can tell a difference what a decent coach can make.

I'm not gonna argue that with ya but I do want to say this. 4 Turnovers (3 in Lions territory I believe) and they converted once for a score. They had their chances. The Bears moved the chains but couldn't hold onto the ball or protect their QB. Lions front line is really good. Vanden Bosch, Suh and Williams really make a great front. KVB was killing our oline all day.

I also want to point out this call probably happens a lot more than we think. Albiet not for a game winning TD but the rule is out there and has been out there. Megatron is a ridiculous talent but you gotta think, would Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson have made that mistake? Reminds me of Desean Jackson/Johnny Knox dropping the ball before they crossed the goaline. Seems like these younger receivers would rather celebrate than finish a play. Tough loss though and I feel karma will get it back for Lions. Sucks for my Bears but I can't really call it a good win even with the positives of the game (defense/Cutler/Forte).
I just wanna say that the Lions TD that was called back was a joke. The Seahawks looked pretty good, or did the 49 ers just look that bad? Arizona looks like they are going to struggle this year. I know this is week one. And you can see people are still ironing some things out. Overall, yesterday was a beautiful day!

You just want to be able to order a McNiel jersey.....haha

lmao, I think it would be the first ever McNeil to play for the Cowboys. And would require a jersey of course. My cousin Freeman played for the Jets.

I have a Packers jersey with Hawk on the back, courtesy of AJ Hawk.

I'm not gonna argue that with ya but I do want to say this. 4 Turnovers (3 in Lions territory I believe) and they converted once for a score. They had their chances. The Bears moved the chains but couldn't hold onto the ball or protect their QB. Lions front line is really good. Vanden Bosch, Suh and Williams really make a great front. KVB was killing our oline all day.

I also want to point out this call probably happens a lot more than we think. Albiet not for a game winning TD but the rule is out there and has been out there. Megatron is a ridiculous talent but you gotta think, would Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson have made that mistake? Reminds me of Desean Jackson/Johnny Knox dropping the ball before they crossed the goaline. Seems like these younger receivers would rather celebrate than finish a play. Tough loss though and I feel karma will get it back for Lions. Sucks for my Bears but I can't really call it a good win even with the positives of the game (defense/Cutler/Forte).

Well, I just wanna say that you were a hell of a play by play caller for me, I really appreciate it! I watched the Carolina game when I got home and I was not surprised at all. I guess one thing I dont get is the Play calling. They are a run dominate team. They get a GREAT drive going by getting a 1st down on the opposing 45 and then they pass 3 times in a row. Ugh, then they chose to run it when I feel they shouldnt. Fire John Fox and his dumb dumb O coordinator.

Megatron is a ridiculous talent but you gotta think, would Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson have made that mistake? Reminds me of Desean Jackson/Johnny Knox dropping the ball before they crossed the goaline. Seems like these younger receivers would rather celebrate than finish a play.

That is a borderline absurd comparison. Because CJ never celebrated. He just dropped the ball after the play was over.

Case in point, if a RB goes over teh pile and the tip of the ball crosses the line regardless if the ball comes free, it is a TD. Yet CJ goes up and catches a pass, comes down with it, his butt is on the ground (which equals down by the way) and then gets up and drops the ball because he just got a game winning TD pass and they say NO catch.

I have a feeling that your view is more to do with it being a Bears game and less than the actual rule. And thats cool, its your team. But to compare this to guys dropping the ball to celebrate before getting to the endzone is not the same.

lmao, I think it would be the first ever McNeil to play for the Cowboys. And would require a jersey of course. My cousin Freeman played for the Jets.

I want a Dwayne Jarrett Panthers Jersey, but it has 2 -t's . I am ok with that though. He needs to start performing so they will make more....haha

I want a Dwayne Jarrett Panthers Jersey, but it has 2 -t's . I am ok with that though. He needs to start performing so they will make more....haha

You know you can just have one made with your name on it.

closet Jets fan....love it!

at this point....you're better than his version of Hawk. He got screwed what they switched the defense to a 3-4 and he doesn't get on the field much now.

I got the same issue, all the McNeils spell their name wrong.

I think the next time MegaTron catches a TD pass, he should just sit down in the endzone for 30 seconds and not give the ball up. Just sit there. Let everybody wait and MAKE A STATEMENT!

I think the next time MegaTron catches a TD pass, he should just sit down in the endzone for 30 seconds and not give the ball up. Just sit there. Let everybody wait and MAKE A STATEMENT!

that will only cost him about 5,000 bucks

Totally worth it. Catch the ball, hug it on the ground and not move till they all crowd around him because they think hes hurt. Then shove the ball in the air with emphasis. Stand up and spike it. Walk off field point proven. I like it.

I haven't seen that play in slow motion, only seen it twice i think, could he have used 2 hands when coming down to the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back