The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty happy with how the Titans looked today even though it was against the lowly Raiders. Hopefully they can keep it up. And former Vol Arian Foster absolutely went off against the Colts. He may run well, but he posts some weird statuses on facebook...

its all good pfb, nothing wrong with being passionate about your fav team! good nite

Good deal....we're still buddies! Yeah the Bucs...I think it goes back to those Orange uniforms with the big Buccaneer on their helmet, that was a sweet look! I used to hate Warren Sapp then loved him as a Buc then went back to hating him when he left Tampa.

Alright, on that note I'm cooled down enough to go to bed, the fricking Cowboys just piss me off so bad! Good night everyone!

Pretty happy with how the Titans looked today even though it was against the lowly Raiders. Hopefully they can keep it up. And former Vol Arian Foster absolutely went off against the Colts. He may run well, but he posts some weird statuses on facebook...

Alright now you gotta tell. What were they?

Alright now you gotta tell. What were they?

Haha I'll have to go back and look over the past few months. They are always extremely deep and thought provoking. He seems very determined.

Haha I'll have to go back and look over the past few months. They are always extremely deep and thought provoking. He seems very determined.

As long as he doesnt have a 230 yard 3 td game against me in fantasy football then its ok lol

Why was that romo's fault? He didnt fumble the ball.

Because being a QB is about good decision making and NOTHING good can come out of that pass. It was a terrible pass with no time remaining because once again, he did not think. He does this 3-5 times every single game. That was one of the worst decisions I have seen by a QB all day. What was the RB going to do wiht no time on the clock? Run 50 yards while every defender was downfield because it was a hailmary? Of course not. Only bad things can happen and they did happen. That was not on the play call, a hail mary was called. It was on Romo.

He also didn't manage the ball. A backhanded duck of a pass accomplishes nothing. You either go deep or throw it away in that situation. In other words, anything that prevents six the other way.

Ding Ding Ding

Throwing a little 7 yard pass to your rb was about as safe as you can do besides sliding/throwing it away, but he just dumped it off to his rb especially when it was an easy completion, its then the rbs responsibility to hold onto the ball. Why throw it deep and maybe throw a pick that could be run back? If anything it was the Garrett's fault(OC) for calling the play. Its funny how romo gets blamed for something he had no control over.

You could not be any more wrong in this situation. Garrett did not call a check down. Its the end of the half with one last play. Either heeve it or take the knee. Who cares if its a pick, its a hail mary, nobody runs one back for 6. Its a freaking jump ball. But then poor Romo's stats would not look as pretty. He would not want that. That was NOBODY's fault except Romo and the RB. But the RB should never have been put in the situation.

I don't think Romo is one of the best QB's in the league but he is definately a top 10 QB. If you say he isn't I say your crazy IMO. Name 10 QB's you would take before Romo. I dare you.

I never said he was outside of the top 10. I said he was NOT one of teh best in the league. I would put him between 10-15. On skills alone, he might even be higher. Unfortunately other things count in teh NFL, like decision making, etc...

The Cowboys will be just fine. They will win 9 or 10 games this year. They will make the playoffs most likely and once again they will lose in the 1st or second round. Im not picking on the team or the fans, its just my prediction. In my opinion (and I have said it for 3 years), until their QB stops doing two things, they wont succeed deep. Happy feet in the redzone is a must. We use to call those QBs stat compilers rather than winners at the combine. The guys that can zip it all over the field and get great stats, but then they get inside the redzone and panic mode sets in. The 2nd one is that he has to stop with the tunnel vision. He reminds me of guys that play video game football and when they pick a play, already know which WR they are throwing to. He has improved on this slightly, but on every 3rd down it creeps back in. It puts far too much pressure on your WR's and in my opinion shows just how good of a route runner Miles Austin is, because he has to work double duty to get free since his QB is staring at him the whole time.

Let me add one thing. These are all things that CAN be fixed or at least worked on, and Romo is a bright guy. IF he can make some tweaks, they will be just fine and perhaps even better than predicted. I know Cowboys fans love him, and they should, he is a ton of fun to watch play and he loves the game and his team. On the road in week 1 does NOT decide a season by any means.

Last edited:
I was very happy to see Wes Welker do so well in his first game after such a serious injury. Two TDs and the same quickness. He and Brady looked like they haven't missed a step. The only question mark is the young secondary of the Patriots.

I think one thing is key to remember here and that is its only week 1. Disappointing to see such a poor display, yes. Does the Cowboys offensive line have issues? Yes. Should we overreact and call the season lost? No. Would I be calling San Diego about McNeil and trying to figure how I get him on the Cowboys? Yes. Whoever called any kind of play just before the half other then a kneel down was wrong. Blame it on Romo blame it on Choice but they should have never even thought about it. Biggest issues I saw in this game? Lack of discipline. Once again the Cowboys were called for a ton of penalties. And the last one cost them the game. And about that cat. We get rid of Adams who was the second most penalized player in the league and bring in Barron, who is the most penalized? Ok that makes a lot of sense. The Redskins did nothing against the Cowboys. But you sure can tell a difference what a decent coach can make.

I think one thing is key to remember here and that is its only week 1. Disappointing to see such a poor display, yes. Does the Cowboys offensive line have issues? Yes. Should we overreact and call the season lost? No. Would I be calling San Diego about McNeil and trying to figure how I get him on the Cowboys? Yes. Whoever called any kind of play just before the half other then a kneel down was wrong. Blame it on Romo blame it on Choice but they should have never even thought about it. Biggest issues I saw in this game? Lack of discipline. Once again the Cowboys were called for a ton of penalties. And the last one cost them the game. And about that cat. We get rid of Adams who was the second most penalized player in the league and bring in Barron, who is the most penalized? Ok that makes a lot of sense. The Redskins did nothing against the Cowboys. But you sure can tell a difference what a decent coach can make.

VERY well said. Agree 100%.

Never thought I'd see the day where I see a Cowboy fan put together a rational honest analysis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the million dollar question for OEM. If they had blown the doors off of the Redskins and looked fantastic, would you still have the same outlook? That is was only the 1st game of the year?

That is a very intriguing question. I'll do my best to stay rational. Ok, for one Id feel better this morning if they had blown them out and not like I stayed up too late for a bitter taste. I think a blow out would have shown the preseason issues to be just that, preseason. Id say "see it was the preseason, we really are this years Saints of last year." But instead we see the preseason was who we really and still are, lacking identity on offense and consistency as a team. But in all honesty if you look like a world beater week 1 in the NFL you have to crow about it and Im sure I would have to some extent. But I also remember two years ago when the offense was flying high and we were 13-3. Lost to the Giants first round. So I haven't forgotten either. No matter what happens week 1 its way too early to go too far one way or the other.

That is a very intriguing question. I'll do my best to stay rational. Ok, for one Id feel better this morning if they had blown them out and not like I stayed up too late for a bitter taste. I think a blow out would have shown the preseason issues to be just that, preseason. Id say "see it was the preseason, we really are this years Saints of last year." But instead we see the preseason was who we really and still are, lacking identity on offense and consistency as a team. But in all honesty if you look like a world beater week 1 in the NFL you have to crow about it and Im sure I would have to some extent. But I also remember two years ago when the offense was flying high and we were 13-3. Lost to the Giants first round. So I haven't forgotten either. No matter what happens week 1 its way too early to go too far one way or the other.

Again, very well said. I mean my Bucs are 1-0 and I assure you that is not their identity. Their identity is TURNOVERS!

Again, very well said. I mean my Bucs are 1-0 and I assure you that is not their identity. Their identity is TURNOVERS!

You can say youre undefeated though. And Dallas is win less! ha. Dallas identity is penalties. And that tells me they're poorly coached. And thats a problem that just keeps coming back year after year.

Man, you missed the NFL pickem by 1 game. That Detroit pick killed you

I just wanna say that the Lions TD that was called back was a joke. The Seahawks looked pretty good, or did the 49 ers just look that bad? Arizona looks like they are going to struggle this year. I know this is week one. And you can see people are still ironing some things out. Overall, yesterday was a beautiful day!

Flacco, SCHAUB, Carson Palmer, Matt Ryan.....PLEASE! You know better than that Yo....everyone knows better than that.

Schaub only lead the leauge in passing yards last year...

I was pleasantly suprised my Eagles hung with the Packers, even after we lost half our team to injuries. Kolb getting a concussion worries me, they say once the first one happens the chance for future ones increases exponentially. Hopefully he will be ok.

Good thing we held on to Vick this offseason, you may hate him and rightfully so, but he's a good asset to have as a backup.

Good thing we held on to Vick this offseason, you may hate him and rightfully so, but he's a good asset to have as our starting QB.

Fixed it for ya.

Yah really JB...it wouldn't suprise me now.

PS: Nothing made my day more enjoyable than seeing the Super Bowl "favorite" Cowboys play like absolute garbage and lose to the Redskins. Keep up the good work Wade!! I thought Flozell Adams left the team....oh wait thats Alex Barron. they both get penalized every other down I got confused.

Week 1 is always a bit sloppy. If I'm not mistaken it is usually one of the lowest scoring weekends of the year. Some offences don't quite develop chemistry until a few weeks in, and coaches are still trying to figures out their game plans. I bet that Favre vs Brees matchup would have been much more exciting in mid October. Regardless, it is still great to have the NFL back!

Week 1 is always a bit sloppy. If I'm not mistaken it is usually one of the lowest scoring weekends of the year. Some offences don't quite develop chemistry until a few weeks in, and coaches are still trying to figures out their game plans. I bet that Favre vs Brees matchup would have been much more exciting in mid October. Regardless, it is still great to have the NFL back!

I agree with all you said. I mainly agree with the Favre/Brees matchup. I was excited to see it but I didnt want it this early

wait! did the cowboys lose? all those weapons mean squat when you're front five are getting hammered all game long. not only did they look piss poor, against what's suppose to be a non-contender, but what they really did was show everyone who plays them this year the perfect gameplan against themselves......crash that o-line baby.

"Hi, Jerry, please call San Diego and get that McNeil guy in Dallas asap." Hangs up the direct line to Jerrys office. There, its fixed. Maybe this trade can make up for the Willams trade. Hey tc your boy Roy made the game winning catch that didnt happen.

"Hi, Jerry, please call San Diego and get that McNeil guy in Dallas asap." Hangs up the direct line to Jerrys office. There, its fixed. Maybe this trade can make up for the Willams trade. Hey tc your boy Roy made the game winning catch that didnt happen.

no cowboy is my boy bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back