What size grip do you use on your clubs?

What size grip do you use on your clubs?

• Standard

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • Mid Size

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Oversize

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Tour wrap midsize on hybrids. irons and wedges......Standard on all woods...

I've always used standard on 13 of my clubs. I like to use a Jumbo Crown on my putter.

standard up till now, but I am strongly considering going to mid size when I change the shafts on my irons

I play mid size grips on my woods and standard barrel grips with 3 wraps on my irons. I changed thanks to a suggestion from my instructor to fill out my hands more. I have piano fingers :act-up:

I'm of Irish descent, so I have smaller hands and .... other things ....

I do use a Jumbo Winn grip on my SeeMore putter, and it's done WONDERS for my putting!

I do use a Jumbo Winn grip on my SeeMore putter, and it's done WONDERS for my putting!

please tell me you had 10-12 Guinnesses when you typed this haha.

I use a standard size grip with two extra wraps under the right hand.

I use Avon Chamois Jumbo grips on all my clubs. They are +3/32 oversized, in between a midsize +1/16 and a jumbo 1/8".
I have larger hands, long fingers and I used to wake up next day with finger and joint pain with regular grips. No more pain with the Avons.
Great grips and good price, been around for decades.

http://avongrips.com/shop/products/Chamois-Jumbo.html

Last edited:

What does a large grip on your putter do? Right now my putting stinks.

I think some folks like the larger grips as they seem to help make more of a pendulum stroke. It's all about feel with the putters some like em big and some like em small. If you have larger than average hands the oversize putter grips might just stablize your putting stroke. With a grip too small you would get to flippy with the putting stroke. my 2 cents :eek:).....

All my grips are custom - I have three layers of tape underneath them.

Back