What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre killin it lately bro. Awesome stuff!!
49/40
really fun today... played with an older ladie and her son and had a blast... she was trash talking like no other... hahaha
if it werent for 4 lost balls a couple of sand shots i should have shot low 80s
but hey... i broke 90!
4 over on the 2nd 9 with no birdies felt really solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youre killin it lately bro. Awesome stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks! i think it helps alot when its a relaxing round... the lady i played with was hilarious

Took a Vacation day today , and went to my buddies 9 hole course , and Teed off just before the sun came up and played 9 holes at 4 over par (par 36 ) , then left and went to the golf shop and took 2 Diablo edge clubs to demo ( a #6 iron & a 3h both in reg. graphite ) and then went home and ate lunch and went back for another 9 to test these demo clubs and shot 1 over par . Nice to have the course all to yourself & was such a beautiful day to walk :D
Oh, and we had a 18mph wind which is call a slight breeze in Kansas ....
Really impressed with these Callaway Diablo edge hybrid clubs , as I am playing with Callaway X-14 Pros that I bought new 10 years ago .... Still hit them well but I think a newer designed club change may help in a tighter ball dispersion !

I shot 76 today:bananadance:

It was the semi final round of our club's "President's Cup" or our Match Play Club Championship (by flights). I was giving my opponent 1 stroke and shot even par (36) on the front side with 2 bogeys and 2 birdies........5 up at the turn!!!

I shot 40 on the back to win 5 and 3.....my best round in a year!

Playing off an 11.......I think that 76 ain't that bad!!!!!!!!!!!:joy:
Great work Paul, that is awesome- definitely one of those rounds that you just want to pick up the phone and start dialing everyone in your address book to tell them! Great job buddy!

Saturday 9/11 Gordon Lakes Pine / Lake 6500 yds
Cloudy morning 0800 shotgun start - 70 to 82 degrees

1 par 4 4 (Pine View)
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 4 (Lake View)
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4 *1st hole

Score 37 Pine / 37 Lake - 74 ( +2)

Coming off my worst round of the year, I was wondering what golfer would show today. After routine pars on the first two holes, I got left of the par 4 2 Pine in the thick stuff and short-sided. I flipped my LW into the fringe and it rolled gently to under 4 feet, and when I made that par putt solidly, I knew this was going to be a different day. I parred the first 8 holes, then just blocked my tee ball into the lake at 8 Pine - 5 yards left and I probably drive the green, but that caused a bogey. After the turn at #2 Lake, I blew a drive over the corner trap but somehow got a horrible kick left behind trees, which led to my second bogey. Only hitting 11 greens, it wasn't a bad day of scoring, but 33 putts hurt - many were very close to dropping, but I just am not making much these days.

Last edited:
79 (Par 72) with 3 doubles hehe. Iron striking is amazing , putting not so much.

38 (par 36) with a birdie to start and end the round. Definitely left a few out there, as they just aerated the course and the putting is atrocious due to plinko-like effect, but I am very happy with my ball striking with the new irons.

Good job Canadan, I rely way to much on my putting, lol. When they aerate the greens I fall apart, lol. Good job!

Good job Canadan, I rely way to much on my putting, lol. When they aerate the greens I fall apart, lol. Good job!

haha, it screwed me probably 4 times, and I deserved it, because it knocked a putt back on line TWICE on Thursday for a long par haha!

dude... everyone is killing it... thats so awesome... great rounds guys!

Friday I shot 43-40 83. I have been playing very poorly as of late so this was a bit better for a change.

Finally back in the 70s for a full 18! Shot a +5 77 today with zero birdies (freaking aeration!!) and it couldn't have come on a better day. God I love golf.

Shot a 86 yesterday. Sloppy front 9 with a 44, better back 9 with a 42. Back 9 had alot of birdie and par putts slide by the hole. Nothing was dropping for me...

Tale of two halves: 46-39 85

Shot my best ever 94 today, would have broken 90 but I completely exploded on the back 9 with 4 3 putts and 1 4 putt on 18.

Nice, a best round is always good. I shot a 47/42 for an 89 while testing out the Chromax golf ball.

Scramble again today and I was on about half the time. Some of my best ever drives, but seldom worked out because I'm the shorter hitter and was there for my short game. Chipped on in from 35 yards, made 4 long putts and a bunch of great iron shots close. We were in the money, just not high enough to brag about.

85 today. 42-43. Only 33 putts, but could have been better with three 3 putts. can't wait til this new putter comes in. I was striping my drives today. First drive of the day went 257. Longest drive of the day was about 265-270 on the 14th. I average about 240 off the tee. My little brother also almost holed one in from about 110 yards out today!

Equalled my worst of the season with an 81 yesterday. I played 2 good holes, and got birdies at each. Nothing was working - woods, irons, putter all pretty bad. Spent all season trying to get used to playing a slight fade, took 2 weeks off recently, and came back on the course with a draw, meandering to a slight hook at times. Very confusing.

Probably my last competitive round of the season, so I'll get to the practice ground and spend the next 6 months working! I hope.

Met up with forum member Jrod for a round yesterday afternoon. We played a shorter course from the blues (5300 yds). I played some pretty horrible golf, but had some decent shots mixed in with the bad. Nothing was really coming together except 4 and 5 hybrids.

On the bright side, I had a great time playing with another THP member. Jrod is a bomber and hit some awesome shots. It was cool to watch him swing the club, especially his drives and irons.

I've been on a bad week/good week rotation for a bit, so I'm hoping that this crappy round means I have a good weekend coming up.

Well first time back on the coarse in 5 weeks,:bad:! Have not touched a club in that time, no clipping, putting, nothing. Got there warmed up, looked a how I was hitting(fade), and off I went. Shot 12 over on the front nine, could not putt. Then #10 starts off, wind in face, nice drive, pretty nice approach but short. NO SHORT GAME!!!! I had it on the front, but it I guess it stayed at the turn. 20 over on the back! :banghead: Well that's my day, but at least I finally got out and played again. On a side note not once did my temper come into play, so I did when on battle. Thanks for reading.

Met up with forum member Jrod for a round yesterday afternoon. We played a shorter course from the blues (5300 yds). I played some pretty horrible golf, but had some decent shots mixed in with the bad. Nothing was really coming together except 4 and 5 hybrids.

On the bright side, I had a great time playing with another THP member. Jrod is a bomber and hit some awesome shots. It was cool to watch him swing the club, especially his drives and irons.

I've been on a bad week/good week rotation for a bit, so I'm hoping that this crappy round means I have a good weekend coming up.

We had a blast and was glad to meet a forum member and someone else in the area who enjoys a nice relaxed round of golf. We almost died about 5 times and played some incredibly inconsistent golf but it was a blast!

We need to set something up in West Des Moines or something a little further west next spring for all the people in the midwest!

Well first time back on the coarse in 5 weeks,:bad:! Have not touched a club in that time, no clipping, putting, nothing. Got there warmed up, looked a how I was hitting(fade), and off I went. Shot 12 over on the front nine, could not putt. Then #10 starts off, wind in face, nice drive, pretty nice approach but short. NO SHORT GAME!!!! I had it on the front, but it I guess it stayed at the turn. 20 over on the back! :banghead: Well that's my day, but at least I finally got out and played again. On a side note not once did my temper come into play, so I did when on battle. Thanks for reading.

We had a blast and was glad to meet a forum member and someone else in the area who enjoys a nice relaxed round of golf. We almost died about 5 times and played some incredibly inconsistent golf but it was a blast!

i played today and had the strangest round of golf. the front nine was atrocious. shot a 43, but felt like i was hitting the ball just fine. i just ended up in places that you can't on this golf course and i suffered b/c of it. i really struggled getting out of the bunkers today. they were hard as hell and wet, so i was either leaving it in or thinning it out. the back nine was much better, shot an even par 36. i felt like i hit it just as good on the front as i did the back just wasn't getting into those awful situations. i'll take a 79 though.

45/48 today
had the shankapotamus rex's today big time
there i was in tasty spots getting ready for super easy girs when "clank" hoseldopolis
i only got 2 girs and one was a really thinned 8i that ran like a bowling ball onto the green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back