Are you Right or Left eye dominant?

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
It makes a difference with not only putting but with ball position with your other clubs. At least it does for me. I am left eye dominant . One of my faults with my swing was occasional chunks. I found out if I play the ball a bit further up in my stance I am striking the ball much more consistant as my left eye is centered over the ball. Let us know which eye is your dominant one and how it helps your game?

Last edited:
im right eye dominant and it doesnt help me at all especially with putting
when i replace my ball after marking it and i step back to check my line
i am wayyy off target... lol

I'm right eye dominant, which leads me to aim well right of my line. That is why I pick a spot infront of the ball and line up to that. As far as ball in stance, havnt thought about that. If I move the ball around in my stance, ball flight changes probably more than consistancy.

I'm middle eye dominant
:cyclops:

ambieyedextrous

can't see well with either one

Left eyed & Rt handed.
it kills my alignment!! always aiming left of target.
Found out years ago when shooting archery. switch to LH. bows, rifles, still cant shoot pool left handed. Oh I have to aim farther right bowling also.

Left eye , right handed , found out by shooting sporting clays , didnt help me switching to the left shoulder a bit .

I dont think it helps being left eye dominate in my golf game in putting or T-boxes & fairways . I am like Hogan when I pull the trigger on my swing to hit the ball I see nothing , goes all black . I play the ball a bit back of center and hit it crisp and low . But then I have 2 golf swings too ....... I can hit it hard with the right side , or pull through with the left , never know which swing will show up :confused2:

I'm left eye dominate and right handed. I approach most shots, including putts, from the left side just for consistancy and keep the ball slightly forward of center on putts. But, thats just for the initial line, once established with distance I look at the right edge, back, of ball before the swing.

I'm blind in my right eye. So, by necessity, I am almost always left eye dominant!

I am left eye dominate and im righthanded so it feels like i am jus completely crossed up all th time.I have always fought digging with my irons so i will experiment with ball position next time out.The place i have really noticed this at is on the greens,i will line up knowing that i tend 2 line up left n i will try 2 compensate 4 it then go back and check my line and its still way 2 far 2 the left.I have 2 make myself line up right,but it looks like it is way 2 far right everytime.Im fightin with myself on every single putt and it is killin my scores,cause even tho i have a good simple putting stroke i am the worst putter n the world and even with that i am gettin pretty decent at this game.If i could just figure out how 2 stop lining up so far left and trust that th ball isnt gonna go 8ft right of th hole,i think my scores would start dropping like a rock.

Thanks for that link, KellyBo.

Left-handed and left-eye dominant.

I'm def. right eye dominant. When I putt, all my misses go to the right haa haa haa :)

Thanks KB... I've been sitting here for the last few minutes covering one eye then the other haha.

Never had a good test until KB posted that. I am left-eye dominant and right handed. Not sure what that means.

im thinking right handed left eye dominant ppl have an advantage in putting while addressing their ball

I am not sure how many of you watched Jack Nicklaus in his hey days. He always tilted his head to the left before he hit the ball. That little pre routine was because of his dominant eye was his left. I have found if I use my dominant eye both in putting and ball placement it helps me keep my head centered over the ball better! Try it on the range. You might like the results :cool:....

I'm right eye dominant and right-handed. I've read some of the tendencies that right-eye dominant people say they have and I can't say that I miss a certain way or that I have any real problem with alignment. I honestly never thought about it one way or the other.

-JP

I'm right-handed and left eye dominant. The important question though is are you left brain or right brain dominant? :)

I'm right-handed and left eye dominant. The important question though is are you left brain or right brain dominant? :)

if i only had a brain

I actually have neither eye dominant. :dazed: Duane's Syndrome (don't look it up on Wikipedia). It's cool to read there are others who aren't either...
I have to remember to aim everything left of what I normally would. It's annoying. I was told something once about Johnny Miller having the same issue too, but I'm not sure the truth in that.

Last edited:
Back