Lest we ever forget . . .

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
It used to be December 7, but the date everyone remembers now is 9-11. The shame is, as the significance of Pearl Harbor is not as known as when I was a kid, 9-11 is probably going to suffer the same fate a few generations sown the road.

This song was performed for the first time on one of the Country Music awards shows (CMA or ACM's, I don't recall, but it was talked about for a long time afterwards.

Good one smalls, I like this one also, came out right after that dreadful day.

[YOUTUBE]ruNrdmjcNTc[/YOUTUBE]

Great stuff guy's, thanks for sharing.

That's actually where I was hoping this would go WR. And you beat me to that video![video=youtube;p6yLQRF-cEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6yLQRF-cEU&ob=av2e[/video]

I for one will never ever forget that day. Nor will I forget the days of no planes in the sky for the week or so after. Never.

Sorry Smalls, I will add this one also:

[YOUTUBE]Q65KZIqay4E[/YOUTUBE]

Everyime I hear this one, tears start rolling :crying: but I love the song!

Don't be sorry, I was hoping others would post some too! I was just gonna get the ball rolling!

9/11 will always be a surreal day for me. Long story short, I was supposed to be in Tower 2 at 9:30am for a meeting but missed my train. I never caught the next train out because I went back to my office instead. Lucky SOB

Please remember those who weren't as lucky as I was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was for me as well thanks. I was working for a rather large insurance broker at the time that had offices in the towers. In fact right at the floors where this took place. At the time of the incident, we did not know what was going on, but we lost a lot of colleagues that day.

Our friend Tim that many of you will meet at the outing is a pilot and he has some insane stories about that time.

Thanks guys..I served in the Army and all of these bring a lump in my throat....
The Toby Keith one really fires me up.....
Make me sorry I did not stay in longer...

i was overseas at the time, i was staying up late that night (australia time was 16 hours ahead at that time) to watch the news b/c michael jordan was announcing he unretirement, when the local news started showing live coverage of what happened. there must've been 50 of us in the dorm watching these events unfold and the anchor had no idea what was going on, if this was real, what.

anyway, i called my folks and they informed me of what happened. i couldn't believe it! many of you don't know that i have my major in religious studies and that my main area of focus was in islam. at the australian national university we had a center for arabic/islamic studies and when i went to class the next day there were people celebrating what had happened. it made me sick, and i never felt so vulnerable or so confused in my life. things got heated and a big nasty dispute/brawl started out. fundamentalist muslims are bat-sh*t crazy, and they DO NOT represent the beliefs and sentiments of most practicing muslims. the fundamentalists pretty much hate everyone and everything and unfortunately, most of them are recruited at a young age, brain washed, trained, and lethal.

i'll certainly have a moment of silence for those who lost their lives that day and for their families who are constantly reminded of the pain that this date brings.

I was in kindergarden and we had just come in from recess. I remember the teacher was making us be quiet and watching the tv. None of us realized what just happened, we were 4 and 5 years old. But I do remember the teacher saying "kids, your lives will never be the same again." Remember! USA! USA! USA!

Thoughts are with you guys today, I don't think I need to add anything else.

All the best from the UK.

It's amazing how after nine years the feelings of sadness, helplessness, fear, anger and pride are still so close to the surface on this day.
We'll never forget.

I won't say too much because this date is near and dear to my heart. At the time we were living in North Jersey and I know folks who lost their lives and friends and family that have lost their loved ones as well. The only word that can describe that day is surreal. I hope that we never have to see another day like that again.

All our prayers go out to those that lost their lives, those that lost someone that faithful day, and to those that still fight for the liberties that we sometimes take for granted. We will never forget.

my family will never forget
my brother was in the army stationed at the pentagon
his office was right in the impact zone
he had swapped shifts with a buddy of his on that very day and my brother is guilt ridden over it... his buddy didnt make it
my family spent agonizing hours trying to reach anyone with info and until he called my younger brother later that night did we find out he was okay
my brother even took 2 tours in afghanistan because of what happened
i remember eveything as if it happened yesterday... hard to believe its been almost a decade

I remember the day as if it were in slow motion. The befuddled emotions of what's going on turning to how can such animals exist? The initial fear and then paranoia for my children and ex-wife to be safe with me so far away. The day was surreal and again seemed like everything was happening in slow motion. The week following with USA and the red, white and blue on every shirt in some fashion displayed helped keep the heart strong, swelled might be a better word.

I remember my own bigotry and thoughts I won't publish here. I won't forget, ever!

Duey's slow motion comment is a good one. Back then I would take Junior Lancer to pre-school in the morning. While she was eating I would watch CNBC to see where the market would be heading. I remember turning it on and seeing Mark Haines with the Towers behind him with smoke coming out of one of them. No one seemed to know what was going on at that point. The only thing they were sure of was a plane had crashed into one of the Towers.

Then the second plane hit. I had lost my Dad to cancer the previous June. He was WWII vet and had lost a lot of friends in the war. The event was so astounding and terrible, and I remember wishing I could talk to him about it for weeks. I wanted to hear his outrage, and wanted to have his toughness around even though I was 40 years old. I felt like I should enlist or something. It was a weird time, and I doubt things will ever be the same.

Kevin

Good thread. I was in my dorm room on Eglin AFB when it happened. I turned the TV on and I actually thought I was watching a trailer to a new movie. Then I realized it was real. Work called and said to stay put but be ready to deploy at a moments notice. We lost a lot of good people that day.

No matter if you believe in the wars that are going on today, please support our troops. They are only following orders. Please support your police, firefighters etc... They all deserve some gratitude for the job they do.

Duey you really summed it up very well with the analogy of the day being in slow motion. I didn't know anyone who lost their life in that attack, in fact I didn't know anyone that was even in or around NYC or DC that day but it still hit me so personally because of the sheer horrific nature of what happened. I still get chills seeing the footage and I can't help but to just watch in horror all over again each time I see it. The fact that people in those towers jumped from windows to a certain death because they felt it was their best option just tears me apart. The fact that there were daycare establishments that were in there with young children losing their lives just makes it even more sad. That day was the worst day in the history of the world as far as I'm concerned, yet despite all of it I am more proud than ever to be an American. Our entire country stood still for a few days only to come together closer than ever and I still believe that we are a better country today after what happened that day, it's a shame that something so horrible had to happen for us to come just a little closer as a nation. I hope that everyone still remembers the pain we all felt that day and treats strangers and other people with kindness and compassion because you just never know what the future holds for every one of us.

No matter if you believe in the wars that are going on today, please support our troops. They are only following orders. Please support your police, firefighters etc... They all deserve some gratitude for the job they do.
...well said!

Well said P4B. Something that has been on my mind all day about this is the fact that shortly after the attack on 9/11 may have been the one and only time in the history of the United States that everyone, especially the government (every branch) agreed and worked together for the sake of the nation regardless of affiliation. May be the last time, but it was sobering to see it. They had a common enemy and a common approach to fixing it.

Back