Laura Davies Wins With Yellow

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

SRI Sports Limited, a world leader in golf club and golf ball technology, congratulates Srixon staffer Laura Davies for her victory at the 2010 Uniqa Ladies Golf Open, in Fohrenwald-Weiner Neustadt, Austria. Davies, who played a magnificent shot out of the greenside bunker at 18 before holing the putt for victory, finished the tournament with an 11-under total score of 205. It was Davies’ third triumph at the event and her third title of the season after wins in New Zealand and Germany. The 46-year old, Coventry-born golfer, who also won the tournament in 2007 and 2008, was already the oldest winner on the Ladies European Tour, but she still had to battle her nerves to seal the victory.

“I was shaking. It’s your legs; your legs go. If your hands and your arms go then you’re in trouble but you feel your legs getting a bit shaky,” said Davies. “Over that bunker shot, with all the water behind, my legs were a bit shaky over the putt but I guess that’s just the adrenaline and you’re just excited about trying to win a golf tournament. If you didn’t have that then you wouldn’t win.”

Davies won the event, her 75th title worldwide, playing a Srixon Z-STAR Tour Yellow golf ball. Srixon Z-STAR golf balls have already earned a total of 32 worldwide tour wins in 2010.

she said her legs were shaking....that's a whole lot a shake.

she said her legs were shaking....that's a whole lot a shake.

lol... Davies is a beast though. Does she still tee off a clod of dirt?

Back