Favorite Short Game Book?

K.ROB

Reaction score
Handicap
I know there have been threads about your favorite instructional books, but I am wondering what some of your favorite short game specific books are.

I am looking to work on my short game a lot this winter.

Thanks

Stan Utley's "Art of the Short Game" is pretty good. It does a fantastic job of putting me right to sleep, but some of the teaching in it has done me pretty good regardless. One of these days I'll open it and start reading when I'm not already dead tired. Having it on the nightstand has probably caused me to miss a bunch of what was trying to be passed along in it.

Not really a book, but I suggest you take a look at Phil Mickelson's short game DVD. Honestly, I think it gives you more info than you'll ever need.

The only criticism I've heard is that some people aren't crazy about his "hinge and hold" chipping method as for most people, I think they would call that a "pitch" more than anything else. But if you really think about it, the more "conventional" chip is basically his method except with the ball placed back....something he also discusses albeit he spends very little time with it.

Dave Pelz short game bible and damage control two books you can read and keep going back to!

Back