Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wanting some new irons but not too sure about the hefty price tag that most have. However, found a slightly used set of Mizuno MX 300 on the bay with my specs at a decent price with nice grips on them. May pull the trigger on them.

Just traded for a TM Tour Kia Ma Daytona. Going to send it to BOS or Lamont and have it ghosted.

Just traded for a TM Tour Kia Ma Daytona. Going to send it to BOS or Lamont and have it ghosted.

I say LaMont!

But I'm biased as he's refinishing my ssb and soon my slighter lol.

BOS does awesome work too though, tough choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really wanting some new irons but not too sure about the hefty price tag that most have. However, found a slightly used set of Mizuno MX 300 on the bay with my specs at a decent price with nice grips on them. May pull the trigger on them.

gpp has mx300s right now for $400 new, FYI

gpp has mx300s right now for $400 new, FYI

I saw that but they come with XP lite shafts which would have too high of a ball flight for me. These come with Dynamic Gold X100 shafts and are + .25 inches and 2* upright, my specs exactly. Thanks for the heads up though!

with the outing right around the corner i am putting some stuff on my radar, with the hopes of testing them while in WPB. i'm definitely in the market for a couple of things:

hybrid or 5wood: pretty undecided on this one but i want to replace the machspeed. no reason other than it's losing its appeal to me and i just want something new. for the longest time i thought that the superblack would be it, but now i want to see what's coming out and i think i should throw some 5w's in the mix

wedges: definitely hoping to demo some wedges at the outing. mainly the JAWS and the cg15 but if there's something else that justs wows me, it's going in the bag.

putter: i'm extremely in love with the tour black #9, but want to try out some stuff at the outing too.

bridges, speaking of putters, what's next on your hit list. dude, you need your own thread for that you know?

I haven't posted here in a while and since the outing is creeping up on us, here's the list in order of importance:

1. Irons
2. Driver or shaft
3. Wedges
4. 3W Shaft

I sort of doing a bag remodel and am an equal opportunity equipment ho. No putter needed and the hybrid is manageable for now. But like I said, if something sparkles in my eye...

Im going to ponder everything at the outing. But more focus will be on hybrids to replace my 4I and the new drivers. And new irons. And putters. lol

and a new a/c unit lol
Im going to ponder everything at the outing. But more focus will be on hybrids to replace my 4I and the new drivers. And new irons. And putters. lol

and a new a/c unit lol

We just had a new one put in last year. Im pondering being able to sleep again at night but they will be replacing it for me.

I think that I am officially set on equipment for a while. I can't believe it really.

Time to work on the car...

I want to check out shafts and different drivers. I'm not sure if I want to change anymore after the last range session lol. Still lookin hard at the Superblack and a wedge to compliment my 56*. The Nickents are good but the feel is not quite there right now.

While at the outing I'm going to be looking at some drivers. I would like to get one like the R9 or Str8 fit so I can mess around with different driver shafts and such. Also looking for a 4 hybrid that fits my gap, and perhaps another wedge. I have the Tw9 in 56 and the xft in 60. I love my irons and don't plan on replacing them, but I love to try out new things.

3 wood, it's a wide open race right now. I do like the new burner based on the reviews it's gotten, anyone know where you can buy just the head?

While at the outing I'm going to be looking at some drivers. I would like to get one like the R9 or Str8 fit so I can mess around with different driver shafts and such. Also looking for a 4 hybrid that fits my gap, and perhaps another wedge. I have the Tw9 in 56 and the xft in 60. I love my irons and don't plan on replacing them, but I love to try out new things.

man, i use to own the str8fit and it's a good driver but it doesn't even compare to the R9 in the sound and feel department.

3 wood, it's a wide open race right now. I do like the new burner based on the reviews it's gotten, anyone know where you can buy just the head?

superfast 3wood or just the burner? my best bet on a head would be ebay. not too sure it'll be easy to find just a head though.

superfast 3wood or just the burner? my best bet on a head would be ebay. not too sure it'll be easy to find just a head though.

I've hit the superfast and liked it, but the launch angle didn't completly suit me, though I am going through some swing changes so I'll give it another whirl before making a final decision. That being said I'll probably end up with the regular. Hate to drop the money on the superfast only to swap out the shaft. I struck out on Ebay, as usual.

Ultimately youre going to get what works but I love the SuperFast, long shaft and all. I even added the 5W.

I think I've said it before but you are more than welcome to hit my Str8Fit at the Outing if you like.

I think I've said it before but you are more than welcome to hit my Str8Fit at the Outing if you like.

I believe you have, and I will probably take you up on that offer.

I believe you have, and I will probably take you up on that offer.

And if you decide to purchase one, I've got one that's currently on suspension for bad behavior that might be made available :act-up:

The Str8 Fit is a really good driver. I got the square version. It feels different in the swing but they really do a good job of launching the ball. The feel to me is top notch. Sadly, still looking to replace lol.

I've hit the superfast and liked it, but the launch angle didn't completly suit me, though I am going through some swing changes so I'll give it another whirl before making a final decision. That being said I'll probably end up with the regular. Hate to drop the money on the superfast only to swap out the shaft. I struck out on Ebay, as usual.

yeah, the matrix shaft in the superfast is definitely a high launching shaft. i am really tempted to put a new shaft in my superfast in order to bring the flight down a bit.

yeah, the matrix shaft in the superfast is definitely a high launching shaft. i am really tempted to put a new shaft in my superfast in order to bring the flight down a bit.

You know another Miyazaki is calling your name!

You know another Miyazaki is calling your name!

yes, yes it is setho!

nice sig too dude. not sure if it's a compliment or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back