Your PGA Tour Foursome?

Great thread and easy for me, lol.

1. Freddy Couples - just always had a huge man-crush on the guy.

2. Steve Stricker - Possibly the nicest, most humble guy on the planet. (I think, lol)

3. Tiger Woods - Why not? Might as well while I have the chance.

4. TheDue - The second nicest, most humble..... haha

We would play at Bay Hill because there's a chance we might meet "The King".

(Please don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up yet)

Hmmmm...
foursome:
Me!!!!!
Phil Mickelson: Just because he's so nice and one of my favorite golfers (and I could hit his clubs!!!)
Lee Westwood: I just like how he plays. One of my other favorites.
Freddie Couples: Another one of my favorites.

Course: TPC Sawgrass probably

Paul Goydos. I've been a fan of his for about 15 years. His sense of humor cracks me up.
Bubba Watson. I like his approach to the game. No swing coach. No lessons. No psychologist.
Matt Kuchar. He seems to always have a smile on his face.

My perfect foursome:
Camilo Villegas - My favourite player
Sergio Garcia - My 2nd favourite player
Dustin Johnson - My 3rd favourite player

Course:

TPC Blue Monster at Doral

An excellent choice for a thread, my foursome:

Ryan Palmer - love his demeanor, seems real fun loving
Sean O'Hair - has always seemed like a nice guy
Bubba Watson - my new favorite guy to root for, I think he'd be a hoot!
Myself of course.

Course would have to be pebble, since augusta was nixed!!!

Awesome thread.

Lee Westwood: Love the guys sense of humor.

Tiger Woods: Duh?

Bubba Watson: When Tiger admires the way this guy works the ball you know its pretty sweet.
Course: Pinehurst #2

Wow, great idea!

I'd say Pinehurst #2, but I don't think it could be considered a "regular" event but since it's one that I have played I'm partial. Otherwise, I'll take Sawgrass...meet ya @ 17!

Gimme Tiger, just cause I'm in awe of his game, despite the other stuff.
Bubba, I just like fellas named Bubba...but he'd have to leave that big...dumb...visor in the car.
Lastly does Lee Trevino count? Cause I'd be like a sponge around the greens with that man.

I'll go with Camilo, Poults, and Freddie Jac at Pebble.
I was thinking about Jimenez, but I'm not sure how much English he can speak...

Tough to pick just three...

Being an older-type fella, I think I'd gravitate more toward the more, um, experienced players, so:

1. Steve Stricker, because in addition to being just a regular guy who, oh yeah, also happens to be a bazillionaire, he's got a swing I wish I could copy, and I'd get to watch it all day.

2. Paul Goydos, regular guy, DRY sense of self-deprecating humor.

And after bouncing back and forth between the idea of Tom Watson, Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer, who are all still on the PGA Tour's active roster, I went with

3. Fred Couples, because he's loosey-goosey, and since this is a just-for-fun round I don't want to be in such jaw-dropping awe of living legends like Watson, Nicklaus and Palmer that I can't start the club back.

I think we'd play Westchester C.C. because it's such a classic course.

Cool thread!

Bubba Watson because I don't think we'd stop laughing the entire time around the course!
Phil Mickelson because I'd need someone who's not afraid to wager some cash and he's on MY team.
Anthony Kim because he seems like a really cool kid and he's always smiling, I like to smile and have fun on the course.
We're playing at Pebble Beach baby! If I can't pick Augusta I'm going with Pebble because there is no place like it on earth.

Haven't read through all of the posts so I may be copying some, but my group would minic yours with the exception of Anthony Kim.

1. Bubba Watson - Hilarious guy with a great sense of humor and a great heart.
2. Phil Mickelson - Down to earth and has the right attitude. Nothing worse than playing with people who get down on themselves/others.
3. Dustin Johnson - He's been my favorite golfer for quite awhile, and I think he'll win a lot of tournaments before he's done.

Kuchar was a close 4th, as I really like his attitude and demeanor on the course. He's always smiling, which is contagious for sure.

Since I've never played a scenic type coastal course, it'd be on one of those. Beautiful views would be a must.

This is an easy one. Woods, Mickelson and Westwood. #'s 1,2 and 3 in the world and me, somewhere around 3 million:laughing:.
Course: Kiawah Island, NC

Last edited:
Woods, AK, Jimenez. Spyglass Hill then the nearest Perkins afterwards.

Rickie Fowler - I think he is one of the nicest young starts
Rory McIlroy - I love to watch him swing the club
Tiger Woods - He got me watching golf before playing and I want to see if Rory will talk trash to Tiger's face

Forgot the course - Kapalua because I want to go to Hawaii

Freddie Couples
Phil Mickelson
Davis Love III

Pebble Beach!

KellyBo! You and I are going to be fighting over our foursome :starwars:

1. Tiger
2. Rors
3. Bubba Watson
4. Furyk(because then Id get to spend more time with Tiger and Rory and Bubba)

Ive learned to know that when Pros show up to a course, they can do whatever they want. Including play in fivesomes.

I dont really know where I would want to play though. Probably Bay Hill, Kapalua, Harbourtown, or right here at Aronimink[not a regular tour stop, but will be soon so ive heard].

My foursome was going to EXACTLY KellyBo's but since she's a SISTAH... I'll have to pick two other guys in my foursome

Davis Love III - my all time favorite golfer; super, super nice guy; and has that gorgeous swing of his
Stewart Cink - his tweets crack me up, he seems like he has a fun time playing casual rounds, he's a fellow foodie
Kenny Perry - reminds me of my FIL (good ole country boy), hard worker on/off course, keeps his playing partners entertained on course while standing in fairways

We'd be playing Harbor Town

The 3 guys I'd pick:
Tiger Woods - I started playing the game in 1998, soon after he came on the scene. He was pretty much the reason I started playing golf, so I'd love to meet him and pick his brain a little bit.
Ian Poulter - The guy is hilarious on Twitter and seems like he'd be really fun to hang out with and talk sports. Plus, I could maybe get some clothes from his line!
Geoff Ogilvy - He's probably one of the most articulate guys on tour and really likes to talk about the design of courses, which is one of my interests as well. Also, I absolutely love the tempo in his golf swing, so it couldn't hurt to watch it up close, right?

I know most people are going to say Pebble Beach as the location to play, but I can play that course if I want to because it's public, even if it costs an arm and a leg. I'm going to choose a track that I have no chance of ever playing because it's private: Riviera Country Club in Los Angeles.

Dustin Johnson --> My personal fav and dang he can hit the ball a country mile
Miguel Angel Jimenez --> again just seems like he has so much fun
Rory McIlroy --> Just seems like he enjoys the game so much

Being a good southern boy and from GA gotta go with the best course in the world Augusta National

Tiger
Goydos
Paddy

at Oakmont.

The great thing about it would be that when I show people pictures of us, I could tell them that I was the fourth best golfer in that group.

Seriously.

-JP

This sure makes you think. There are a lot of interesting personalities out there on tour.

Phil - been a fan since I started watching golf.
Bubba - I like this guy and after watching the videos...
Paul Goydos - Seems like just another guy out for a round of golf, like me. (except for my game)
at Sawgrass

I was thinking Mike Weir for an all lefty foursome and he's Canadian but he's injured and JB didn't say when we are playing... :D

Hunter Mahan-Seems cool
Bubba Watson-Who wouldn't want to see him crush it.
Aaron Baddeley-Love his stack and tilt swing. Also him and bubba are buddies so it would probably be hilarious.

At Pebble.

Phil, AK, Roy "tin Cup" McAvoy.
With David Ferehrty and Gary Mccord commentating.
The course: I wish I could choose some pitch and putt place with a 1 drink minimun per hole.
But I gues i'ld go with TPC Sawgrass, want to play that island green.

Phil cuz he's Phil
AK cuz he's my favorite player right now.
Roy Mcavoy cuz well who wouldn't want to play with that guy? (the character, not kevin C.)
"you know I sometimes hit that 3 iron a little thin" *SNAP*

Course: TPS Sawgrass (if that counts, if not Bethpage)
Players: Me
1 Weir (I am Canadian)
2 Dustin Johnson
3 Poulter

I'd want to out drive DJ just once, and life would be complete!

Back