Best Places to Buy Golf Clubs

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sure many of you are like me and have to bargain shop to when buying new golf equipment. I don't mean buying off-brand/used equipments, but rather trying to find an extra 15% off here and there.

I wanted to know where everyone likes to buy their clubs from? I'm fortunate to have a Golf Pro that will fit me for free since I take lessons from him, and that means I can buy my equipment wherever I can find it cheapest.

The most luck I've had has been with the seller on eBay called timetheputterman. He's stuff is legit and his prices are always really good. I've also recently found 15% off promo codes for Golfsmith (website only) which includes free shipping and no tax. Golfsmith is a little slow for shipping, but the prices have been good with the coupons and no tax.

So where does everyone shop and get the best deals?

Globalgolf.com golfsmith.com 3balls.com (both 3balls and globalgolf have ebay stores) rockbottomgolf.com ummm thats all I got for now, I have used all of them with great results.

My favorites are rockbotomgolf.com and globalgolf.com.

Never bought anything from timtheputterman but I've heard positive things from others here, so if he had something I want, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him. A few other good eBay sellers I've dealt with are stupidlowprices for clubs, and my favorite seller for headcovers is lynn362436.

Ebay of course.

But also 3Balls, RockBottom, Lumpys, ESCGolf (UK) and FairwayToTrade (UK).

Just got a hybrid from dallasgolf. com for a great price and quick delivery

discount dan's out of oregon is a great shop, the sales tax benefits of shopping online and out of state save about 10% off the bill

So here's how I work most of my major purchases....balls and gloves, not included.

I go to the one local golf shop we have here and hit the clubs I'm interested in and then buy the ones that I want online.
Bad for the local shop...good for me.

Over the last few years I have developed a relationship with a club pro at one of the local munis. It is a pretty loose operation so I can get a good discount on just about anything I get there. I got a new set of irons a couple years ago and the price I got was about the same as anything online or on e-bay, with zero risk. I used to get everything from e-bay, but I got burned once and it has gotten to the point where you never know if you are getting the real things.

I also play at a semi-private with a bunch of friends who are members and the staff there always gives me the member discount which is nice to use for stuff like glvoes and hats.

I have bought most of my golf clubs at a local Dunham's Sports store. I usually get good deals on my golf stuff there. I remember when the TaylorMade R9 3 Wood came out, I got mine for around $175 with sales flyer discounts. I honestly think they screwed up, but I got a helluva deal on it. That was a year ago, GolfSmith still lists them at $229. I also got a Cleveland CG14 56 degree SW for about $25 cheaper than most stores/websites.

Timtheputterman has always done me right.I also use e bay a lot and one in paticular is Discount Golf World. They have a great customer service and great prices. I just bought the Taylor Made Catalina Bag for $139.00 Bucks! Great Deal. Also my new Wedge collection with deep grooves before they change. Good Luck Pal.
Billy Boy

Back