My 9 Hour Round? Uuugh!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddy and THP member D-Dub invited me to join him and two others in a four-man scramble over the weekend. Being with these guy's is alway's fun, but they allowed so many on a 9 hole course, we had 3 four person teams on every box.

I was not worth a damn all day today. It was like 97* and 90% humidity out there for 9 hours and 10 minutes. I hurt every where, lol. To add insult to injury, we played pretty well all in all, but fell through the cracks.

Is there a world record for the longest 18 holes ever played? :banghead:

thats insane.......... I woulda left.

thats insane.......... I woulda left.

I think about that now, but when your with a team and everyone counting on each other, just not the thing to do. We sat in the shade of any tree we could find between every shot, waiting.

I am a faster than average player and get edgy when play is slowed to a crawl. I pick a target, set up, and pull the trigger...... My timing goes out the window when the snail comes in :snail:

There is snail pace and there is ridiculous. While we have spent a fair amount of time on these forums lately discussing slow play, various causes and remedies, one we never touched on was the course letting so many people on that an 18 hole round took over 9 hours.

I think about that now, but when your with a team and everyone counting on each other, just not the thing to do. We sat in the shade of any tree we could find between every shot, waiting.

You're a better man then me, I woulda been gone after 9. Hopefully people would understand.

Jeez! I thought the 7-hour round I once played at Bethpage was a record. That now seems like a sprint by comparison.

-JP

I love golf but even that is WAAAY to long to endure on the same course/same round. You are good man.

I'm not worth much today, haha. They took what seemed forever to count up the scores, so I kept thinking "I am going Postal on someone if we don't get this done".

Sorry I didn't read the part about the Scramble

Sorry to hear that Duey!! We played at one course, stuck on the 5th hole after 3-4 hours in, we just left!!

Sorry I didn't read the part about the Scramble

No prob, by the end of the round my loyalty was wearing thin, haha. The worst part for me was my own bad play. I don't have the length to help the team on drives, but generally can help out around the greens, just didn't have it.

That sounds painful Duey....9 hours is crazy long for one round.

That sounds painful Duey....9 hours is crazy long for one round.

Funny, but I thought about you during the round. We need to meet up in York or back up to Iron Horse. Bet we could put a faster round in up there.

wow that is nuts... i sure hope they hooked you up with food and booze during this scramble... thats the only way id last that long

thats brutal duey, but I'm sure you've done worse things that took that long, at least you were kinda playing golf with your buddies!

That's craziness! It sounds like you needed more of that golden delicious beverage to take the edge off.

That's craziness! It sounds like you needed more of that golden delicious beverage to take the edge off.

You know me too well DG, lol. I had to stay cool..... (anyone see my car?)

I hope the "management" was complained to by more than one team and dont try that again..

That is just plain c-r-a-z-y.

Actually I don't know if anyone complained. I never said anything. The people I played with were pretty cool about it, just wore out.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Sound like an epic time lol

Sound like an epic time lol

It really was a good time, epic might stretch it although I might never forget it, lol. Way too long a round, I would have stayed about that long anyway having fun with the players, but over 9 hours in the heat we had was over the top.

half an hour per hole is a bit much
It really was a good time, epic might stretch it although I might never forget it, lol. Way too long a round, I would have stayed about that long anyway having fun with the players, but over 9 hours in the heat we had was over the top.

Hope you guys had some good conversation material because that's just absolutely insane. I would've gotten drunk by the 5th hole and sobered up by the time the round was through. You're a good man Duey.

Hope you guys had some good conversation material because that's just absolutely insane. I would've gotten drunk by the 5th hole and sobered up by the time the round was through. You're a good man Duey.

Thanks Spank, but I've just trained a lot, lol. It was about the 5th hole that I told D_Dub he might have to carry me to the car, haha. On the turn I was drinking water, that never happens.

Back