Judging a bag by its contents & a book by its cover

Casual- Shorts, jeans, but in good condition, and a polo or simple tshirt/sweater.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of jeans or t-shirts on the golf course. I'm a 49 year old man and was taught that was not proper golf attire. I teach my daughter the same thing.

Kevin

I edited the title of this thread to say bag by contents and book by its cover.

ok so would something like this be alright? I know some people think this is just bland and no style.

340732_4.jpg

a1.jpg

ae-cargo_shorts.jpg

46de_1.jpg

i don't understand how hard it is to not wear jeans and t-shirts on a golf course. i don't care if it's a goat track or at twilight or whenever, look the part. money can't be an excuse. i can find dress pants and dress shorts cheaper than jeans, and i can definitely find a colored shirt cheaper than any t-shirt at the local shopping mall.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of jeans or t-shirts on the golf course. I'm a 49 year old man and was taught that was not proper golf attire. I teach my daughter the same thing.

Kevin

That brings up a good point Esox (no offense intended by this- it is not a comment about JL)- if more chicks golfed I think guys would be falling over themselves to wear nicer clothing...

For me personally, everything is fine except the cargo shorts. I just don't care for cargo shorts on the golf course, but again that is just my personal opinion. I don't care if someone dresses bland, that's their own personal style and if someone wants to wear khaki everyday so be it, or black on black that's fine too. It's just how they wear the clothes and if they fit properly.

ok so would something like this be alright? I know some people think this is just bland and no style.

340732_4.jpg

a1.jpg

ae-cargo_shorts.jpg

46de_1.jpg

You don't really need a golf bag with those shorts. A dozen balls in one pocket and two or three hundred tees and a couple gloves in the other.

Kevin

My grandfather told me "You can tell a great deal by a man's shoes"

340732_4.jpg

a1.jpg

ae-cargo_shorts.jpg

46de_1.jpg

Minus the shoes (as I don't like golf shoes and hat due to me having a huge bobble type head) I that is right up my ally.

I'll take the other side of the argument GG and say I am OK with cargo shorts but not cargo pants.

It can be tough to find non-cargo shorts that aren't prohibitively formal in any other venue (esp for a teenager, and esp in khaki). I am a big supporter of your clothing serving multiple purposes (and not JUST golf). Cargo pants to me are a different story, though I am unsure of why.

For me personally, everything is fine except the cargo shorts. I just don't care for cargo shorts on the golf course, but again that is just my personal opinion. I don't care if someone dresses bland, that's their own personal style and if someone wants to wear khaki everyday so be it, or black on black that's fine too. It's just how they wear the clothes and if they fit properly.

Im one of the guys that wears cargo shorts on the course haha. Il either wear cargo shorts or some other shorts that are kind like that but not cargo so guess they could be considered as golf shorts. Thats pretty much what I wear on the course with the expection of a different color shirt here and there, and a different hat, but same style.

Im one of the guys that wears cargo shorts on the course haha. Il either wear cargo shorts or some other shorts that are kind like that but not cargo so guess they could be considered as golf shorts. Thats pretty much what I wear on the course with the expection of a different color shirt here and there, and a different hat, but same style.

this explains why you have sweat collection in your waistband bridges....do yourself a favor and get you some golf shorts, you'll be much cooler and you'll feel better and you'll look better. trust me, you can find stuff just as cheap as those cargo shorts, you just have to look for them.

My grandfather told me "You can tell a great deal by a man's shoes"

A very wise man clealry.

I'll take the other side of the argument GG and say I am OK with cargo shorts but not cargo pants.

It can be tough to find non-cargo shorts that aren't prohibitively formal in any other venue (esp for a teenager, and esp in khaki). I am a big supporter of your clothing serving multiple purposes (and not JUST golf). Cargo pants to me are a different story, though I am unsure of why.

I am a big supporter in that too. But I dont think non-cargo have to be formal at any age. I think that may have been the case 5 years ago, but not in my opinion now.

To each their own. I was just giving my opinion from the female perspective. To me cargo shorts are for hanging out with your friends at a BBQ but at the golf course I prefer cleaning lines with traditional golf shorts, but again I want to stress that is just my opinion. I also want to reiterate that I do not think golf clothes need to be expensive to look good, it's all in how the person wears them.

You don't really need a golf bag with those shorts. A dozen balls in one pocket and two or three hundred tees and a couple gloves in the other.

Kevin

Haha but no were to put clubs, guess they could go in the back pockets.

Minus the shoes (as I don't like golf shoes and hat due to me having a huge bobble type head) I that is right up my ally.
I think me and you would get along just fine :D those shoes look different than what they actually are, but I like golf shoes for traction.

I agree I wear those same clothes just casually, I dont have any clothes that are just strictly golf, I wear all of my clothes anywere.

Cargo shorts belong on some courses. Maybe not the courses that you play in florida, but there are places where they are completely acceptable. Chances are, if you fit in, youre doing something right. And if you dont know whats acceptable, either call the proshop, or wear something that you know IS perfectly acceptable

There are courses out there where tucking in your shirt and/or wearing a pant that resembles tech material will make you look out of place. Although I need to tuck in my shirt anyways because if i feel my shirt moving I cant concentrate on hitting the ball.

That brings up a good point Esox (no offense intended by this- it is not a comment about JL)- if more chicks golfed I think guys would be falling over themselves to wear nicer clothing...

And if some of these young guys saw the girls at the junior events in their skorts or colorful shorts, cute tops, ribbon tied pony tails that hold their tees, I think you'd be right. Not to mention they have game. Might encourage some of the jeans and t-shirt crowd to work on their games, too.

To be honest, up until recently J.L. has not been really concerned about the cuteness of her clothes, but I sense that changing as she has begun to play better.

Kevin

Let me add that I DO NOT think that jeans have a place on the golf course, nor do cargo pants, or tee shirts. There is a time and place for that and the golf course, in my opinion, is not the place.

This is my biggest thing. There is absolutely no reason for those things on a golf course. I don't mind cargo shorts, as long as they don't have rips in them, but I can't get behind anyone wanting to wear jean clothing on a golf course. (And I am almost positive I can go and find a pair of shorts, polo, and belt for 20 bucks within two stores at any given time)

Cargo shorts belong on some courses. Maybe not the courses that you play in florida, but there are places where they are completely acceptable. Chances are, if you fit in, youre doing something right. And if you dont know whats acceptable, either call the proshop, or wear something that you know IS perfectly acceptable

There are courses out there where tucking in your shirt and/or wearing a pant that resembles tech material will make you look out of place. Although I need to tuck in my shirt anyways because if i feel my shirt moving I cant concentrate on hitting the ball.

But people are not talking about what is acceptable. There are courses that allow wifebeaters and no shirt. That does not mean it should be worn in reality.

I would love to know where you guys get all these great deals on specialty golf clothes. I can force myself to spend a few extra bucks on a performance polo as I can wear it for work. But I NEVER wear dress pants and will not be buying special pants just to golf. As JB stated earlier I think geography plays a huge part here, you people down South surrounded by what I call "real" golf courses that are open all year round are in a completely different situation than I am here in WNY.

I will continue to wear cargo shorts and nice jeans when it gets cooler, and be frowned upon...all while I am laughing at the over dressed guy... lol

This is my biggest thing. There is absolutely no reason for those things on a golf course. I don't mind cargo shorts, as long as they don't have rips in them, but I can't get behind anyone wanting to wear jean clothing on a golf course. (And I am almost positive I can go and find a pair of shorts, polo, and belt for 20 bucks within two stores at any given time)

You definitely can. If you have a Ross, TJ Max, Marshals, or any other store like that anywhere near your house you can definitely find inexpensive golf clothes.

You definitely can. If you have a Ross, TJ Max, Marshals, or any other store like that anywhere near your house you can definitely find inexpensive golf clothes.

or goodwill's, or thrift stores, or yard sales......the possibilities for affordable golfing attire is endless, it boils down to whether or not you want to find it or want it at all.

this explains why you have sweat collection in your waistband bridges....do yourself a favor and get you some golf shorts, you'll be much cooler and you'll feel better and you'll look better. trust me, you can find stuff just as cheap as those cargo shorts, you just have to look for them.
I dont tuck in my shirt so its all good. I dont have a problem with the sweat, just part of living in texas, Im going to sweat regardless lol Im not really worried about prices to much unless there just ridiculous and I actually planed on getting some golf shorts so I could have another pair to wear at the course and other places.
To each their own. I was just giving my opinion from the female perspective. To me cargo shorts are for hanging out with your friends at a BBQ but at the golf course I prefer cleaning lines with traditional golf shorts, but again I want to stress that is just my opinion. I also want to reiterate that I do not think golf clothes need to be expensive to look good, it's all in how the person wears them.

Im glad you said that, I respect your opinion to. Takes a lot for a girl to come in and say what they think with a bunch of guys talking away.

I wasnt trying to make it sound like i was angry or anything like that just saying I was the guy that wears cargo shorts lol

I would love to know where you guys get all these great deals on specialty golf clothes. I can force myself to spend a few extra bucks on a performance polo as I can wear it for work. But I NEVER wear dress pants and will not be buying special pants just to golf. As JB stated earlier I think geography plays a huge part here, you people down South surrounded by what I call "real" golf courses that are open all year round are in a completely different situation than I am here in WNY.

I will continue to wear cargo shorts and nice jeans when it gets cooler, and be frowned upon...all while I am laughing at the over dressed guy... lol

I have lived all over the country and never struggled to find a deal on golf apparel. I have also never once thought about playing in jeans. In my opinion they have no spot on the course.

When I first started to play golf I didn't want to invest a lot of money into golf clothes if I wasn't sure I was going to like it so I went to Ross and TJ Max and found golf shirts for $8-$12, shorts and skorts for $15 and bought blemished shoes at Golflocker.com for $50. So it can definitely be done and I still wear some of those clothes too, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Back