Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well took it all apart sprayed some carburetor cleaner on the carb and all around it, cleaned some stuff off really good (had to use q-tips for the smaller spots lol) sprayed some multi purpose oil on a few other parts got them cleaned off,then pieced it back together and she fired right up and purred like a tom cat. I killed it, started it again and fired up and then went full throttle for about 30 seconds and was running like a champ so I think i fixed it, and it made me feel pretty proud of tearing something apart and getting it running it again.

I have a feeling this isnt my last of tearing something down and making it work again or maybe fixing up an old muscle car one of these days.. My old boss fixed up a 67 or 68 chevy truck(cant remember which year) from ground up and it looks amazing! Its kind of funny, You fix something then you start thinking of other things you can fix up or build..

Found out I have a swollen/pulled disc in my back and my golf could be ending for the season very shortly. I have been playing with this pain for about 2 months, but i'm just re-aggrevating it.

Found out I have a swollen/pulled disc in my back and my golf could be ending for the season very shortly. I have been playing with this pain for about 2 months, but i'm just re-aggrevating it.

That is too bad Dent. I have enjoyed following your way this year. But health is far more important.

That is too bad Dent. I have enjoyed following your way this year. But health is far more important.

Thanks JB, yea I think I'll still be at my home course hanging out and caddying for my buddy, because I just can't stay away from that place. I think in order to live pain free I'll have to make the sacrifice and let it be without golf. It won't get better like this.

Thanks JB, yea I think I'll still be at my home course hanging out and caddying for my buddy, because I just can't stay away from that place. I think in order to live pain free I'll have to make the sacrifice and let it be without golf. It won't get better like this.

I wont through this in my mid 20s Dent. I was forced with a decision of taking time off or dealing with the pain and possibly making it worse. After weighing my options, I decided to shut it down for a while. Best decision I ever made and the pain has never come back. Good luck and now you have more time to talk gear with us.

People (who own a house) without (supposedly) a checking account! I mean come on!

Blow up holes! Playing the best nine of my life (one over after 8), and triple 9. LOL!

this frikken rain is not helping with my "fixing the suv project"
plus im supposed to treat my bro out for a round today but its pouring

I hear ya bogey been raining here for 3 days!

having just a blah day...don't feel like doing anything. Luckily work has been very quiet since session is out. Not to mention that it has been raining/poring around here since yesterday morning.

well, the kid definitely has an upper respiratory virus....awesome stuff....more steroids, more breathing treatments, less sleep, high fevers. it's sad listening to the little guy breathe. the positive is that he's 37 pounds, not even 2 yet.....he's gonna be a beast!

well, the kid definitely has an upper respiratory virus....awesome stuff....more steroids, more breathing treatments, less sleep, high fevers. it's sad listening to the little guy breathe. the positive is that he's 37 pounds, not even 2 yet.....he's gonna be a beast!

Hope he feels better! Maybe he needs some fubuki

Sorry to hear, TC. Hope his recovery is quick. Freaking viruses p*** me off.

stomach virus working its way thru all six of the kids. been a rough week and a half. puke and dookie everywhere

I voluntered to paint an equipment trailer (it's slow season and I'm bored) so I get all the stuff together @ 7 this morning, thin the paint to just the right consistency and fire up the power painter. (I should mention I live in South Florida, it rains every afternoon out here in the swamp.) So i'm plodding along and it's going great, thinking to myself "heck you'll have this primer on in no time and be able to topcoat tomorrow!" I stop to refill the sprayer and move to the other side of the trailer, just as I pull the trigger I notice there are come clouds building out over the 10,000 islands, no biggie I think, it's to early to rain...INCORRECT DUMMY, not only does it commence to raining 10 minutes later, but this is some form of rain I had previously only equated to tropical systems, for a while there I swear it was raining up and down and left and right. So yeah, all my work this morning...wasted

Someone at work asked me if I was planning on finishing up on my off day, Thursday...haha no, I'm golfing over in Miami :joy:

still waiting on parts for my jeep... and still waiting

still waiting on parts for my jeep... and still waiting

Not a good sign, their Jeep might have broke down, lol. It's nice to hear a person who can still work on their own vehicle.

Not a good sign, their Jeep might have broke down, lol. It's nice to hear a person who can still work on their own vehicle.

im surprised there are still a whole lotta auto parts places everywhere since its getting harder and harder to find a vehicle thats purely mechanical... heck im not even replacing a mechanical part... its a throttle position sensor... a computer chip

I'd be lost. It's getting where you can't even change your own oil.

Why cant companies make adapters for their drivers that allow shafts to be Interchanged? Who wants to send their driver back to a co for 4 weeks so they can install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back